Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Dynasty League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

So I ended up trading away the 4th pick for TY Hilton (currently 20th WR), can live with that... I say now. Will see what the rookies are like

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

With the first pick of the 2014 Boards Dynasty League Draft Cutlering the Mustard select Marquise Lee, receiver, USC ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Guffy

D3PO wrote: »
    With the first pick of the 2014 Boards Dynasty League Draft Cutlering the Mustard select Marquise Lee, receiver, USC ;)

Be brilliant if that was locked in and he got arrested for gangland activity and murder :p

gufc21 wrote: »
    Be brilliant if that was locked in and he got arrested for gangland activity and murder :p

HAHA thankfully not :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Looking very tight between myself and UCD Franchise. Bear Down should go into second round of match-up with a bit of a lead after tonight's game.

• Advertisement

Just noticed our inactive Cutlering the Mustard is currently 3 points up on Bedrock Boulders. Boulders has Sean Lee playing now but there's only 14 minutes left in the 4th quarter. High drama!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Tristram wrote: »
    Looking very tight between myself and UCD Franchise. Bear Down should go into second round of match-up with a bit of a lead after tonight's game.

Seems the opposite happened. Very tight between me and Baa Baas who holds a 4 point lead. Tristram holds an 18 point lead over UCD

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

Have been glued to the phone watching our match up unfold :o

Seems the opposite happened. Very tight between me and Baa Baas who holds a 4 point lead. Tristram holds an 18 point lead over UCD

Yeah, I really expected Marshall and Romo to put up bigger numbers for you but it played out differently.

Feck all between the lot of us going into deciding gameweek. Hopefully another fun one! :)

UCD AFC wrote: »
    Have been glued to the phone watching our match up unfold :o

Our semi is going right down to the wire! I've been like you and following it on my phone all morning. Was convinced AJ Green was going to give you big points but instead Antonio Brown came through for me. Still feck all in it (14 points) and you have Reggie Bush tonight and I have Ihedigbo. Going to feel sick cheering on the Ravens!

In the other semi Baa Baas is laying the smack down to Bear Down. Jamaal Charles scoring 51 is mind-boggling.

• Advertisement

In the other semi Baa Baas is laying the smack down to Bear Down. Jamaal Charles scoring 51 is mind-boggling.

I cant really be angry at Jamaal for doing that to me :( In my two money leagues he's got me into the championship decider.

That being said i wonder is 60 points too much to ask for from Megatron

Insanity! 287.5 - 286.5. Anxious wait for stat corrections now!

Insanity! 287.5 - 286.5. Anxious wait for stat corrections now!

Looks like we have some controversy in this semi final. The final score here is 287.5-287.5. Not sure if there will be stat corrections later in week but both teams may want to watch this in case result changes

Now for the bad news Tristram, the site's default playoff match tiebreaker is to award the match to the higher seed so as a result UCD goes through to the final. We may want to look at this rule in the offseason

No such controversy in the other semi final as i was comprehensively beaten by Jamaal Charles, sorry.... Barbarians :D Good luck in the Boards Bowl (Havent come up with a proper name for the championship yet)

Wow this is crazy! :D

Hopefully the stat corrections will sort it out!

CTM dropped James Harrison, Cin to W

Welcome D3PO?

Welcome D3PO?

Yes sent the invite to him yesterday

Welcome D3PO?

thanks. Glad to be onboard.

As for Harrison an aging crock whos done nothing this year for Cinci and is out injured again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

Looks like we have some controversy in this semi final. The final score here is 287.5-287.5. Not sure if there will be stat corrections later in week but both teams may want to watch this in case result changes

Now for the bad news Tristram, the site's default playoff match tiebreaker is to award the match to the higher seed so as a result UCD goes through to the final. We may want to look at this rule in the offseason

No such controversy in the other semi final as i was comprehensively beaten by Jamaal Charles, sorry.... Barbarians :D Good luck in the Boards Bowl (Havent come up with a proper name for the championship yet)

Delighted to have made it into the final of League! Unlucky too Spongey, Jamaal Charles put up a ridiculous score in fairness and has been the main man of my team all year.

The other semi final still hangs in the balance but looks like I'll be taking on UCD Franchise. Dearly need Cam Newton to put up two big performances and hope that the Chiefs don't limit Charles in the last two weeks...would love for Wes Welker to return too if I'm to have any chance of winning the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Looking to sell Percy Harvin.

Masked Man wrote: »

What's the price?

• Advertisement

I'll give you the contents of the box i have in front of me. Deal of no deal :D

Im interested in hearing offers for next seasons first overall pick.

I'll give you the contents of the box i have in front of me. Deal of no deal :D

My entire roster for the box!

Just the box mind you, not interested in the contents!

(This would probably end up a better trade than one or two I made in different leagues this season) :eek:

Kyle Williams, Buf DT Breaking News
    Each Sack (SK) + 0.5
    Assisted Tackles (TKA) + 1

This makes me feel better. Much nicer to actually lose the semi-final instead of having a tie decided by that tie-breaker!

Best of luck to the two lads in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

This makes me feel better. Much nicer to actually lose the semi-final instead of having a tie decided by that tie-breaker!

Best of luck to the two lads in the final.

Wow - brilliant semi final that was :pac:

Was thinking along similar lines, a winner much preferred to advancing via a tie breaker, even though I'd have been the one benefitting.

Sold out of Percy Harvins.
    BigBadRob83 2014 1st round pick goes to Masked Man
    Tristram 2014 1st goes to Masked Man
    Tristram 2014 2nd round pick goes to Masked Man
    Gufc21 2014 2nd round pick goes to Masked Man Tristram via Masked Man
    Tristram 2014 3rd round pick goes to Gufc21
    Tristram 2015 1st round pick goes to Masked Man
    padraig_f's 2015 2nd or 3rd round picks goes to Masked Man
    Gufc21 2015 4th round pick goes to Masked Man

Percy + 2.06 (from gufc) for 2014 1st + 2015 1st.

Matt ryan available for trade.

Sold out of Percy Harvins.

Percy + 2.06 (from gufc) for 2014 1st + 2015 1st.

Just transfer Percy Harvin on site to make it official

Edit: Forget that, trading is turned off until after the championship game. Make the trade on site then

Just want to get the ball rolling on some rule changes. Gonna start with something small. Here is the current rule on Waivers
    4. Waivers
    (a) The league operates a Free Agent Auction system where teams put in blind bids for available free agents and the team with the highest bid will win that player. Any tied bids are decided in favour of the team with the worst record. Waivers will run every morning with the exception of tuesday.
    (b) Each team has a free agent auction budget of $100 for the season. Once that is gone teams will only be able to bid $0 for players.
    (c) Waivers will be closed from the time ESPN allow reactivation of the league until the conclusion of the rookie draft.
    (d) After the end of the season waivers will remain open until ESPN deactivates the league

I'm proposing 3 amendments/additions
    1. I want in season waivers to run twice a week (Thursday morning & Sunday morning). I think this will create a little more competition for free agents by giving us a bigger window to submit bids.
    2. I want off season waivers to run once a week (Thursday morning). Again activity is less during the off season and its too easy to acquire players and this will create a little more competition for free agents. Off season will be directly after the championship until the first week of the new season and waivers will of course be closed from reactivation of the league to the end of the rookie draft.
    3. I want the minimum bid for a player to be $1. I think if well all look at our FAAB budget we still have loads of money left as we are getting most payers for $0. Increasing it to $1 might make it more interesting in our bidding tactics

Opinions are welcome or if you just want to approve just post 1. Yes/No 2. Yes/No 3. Yes/No

• Advertisement

I'll back no. 2.

Would need to think about one and will probably vote against three if it comes to that. I ran out of fa $ pretty early on and relied on $0 bids.

Advertisement