Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v4] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

Jikashi wrote: »
    Wow, while she can dodge the question regarding the specifics of her illness and treatment, she certainly didn't seem prepared for the very basic question as to where in her body the alleged terminal cancer is.

Calling storylines like this "the worst Fair City plot yet" is becoming a harder and harder statement to make with each one

I still think Charlie manky feet is the absolute worst

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Dwoogle

Is Jane going to rape paul ?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Its time now to do an Emmerdale, and let ssome sort of disaster happen in Carrigstown. It should cull about 80% of the cast, leaving just a few likeable characters.
    Of course, a disaster would mean that the authorities would have to upgrade the hospital (bed)!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Bring back Val!
    lYVKEX4.jpg

Dwoogle wrote: »
    Is Jane going to rape paul ?

just drunken naked photos

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

Cant stand that creature Ama.Her voice is cringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,597 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The show needs the Bishops including Sash back and Pete's sons too and also introduce Pete's wife please

Pete is a great character who needs to be used more

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The show needs the Bishops including Sash back and Pete's sons too and also introduce Pete's wife please

Pete is a great character who needs to be used more

losing the bishops is a massive mistake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Actually considering making an official complaint to the people in rte, that is not a topic to poorly research and make a mockery out of. Cancer is so prevalent in Ireland and lots of people are either dying or dealing with having the illness and, it's a disease that's cost parents their children, and torn families apart, and you have the likes of those fools that call themselves script writers, making a complete mockery of the illness

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Actually considering making an official complaint to the people in rte, that is not a topic to poorly research and make a mockery out of. Cancer is so prevalent in Ireland and lots of people are either dying or dealing with having the illness and, it's a disease that's cost parents their children, and torn families apart, and you have the likes of those fools that call themselves script writers, making a complete mockery of the illness

Agree completely, I actually looked up complaints to rte today. But didnt know how to word it without going completely over the top. I feel really annoyed over this storyline, absolutely horrified and disgusted with it. What kind of heartless person would pretend to have cancer just to get money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

To some extent you can make that argument for any storyline in a soap.
    The recent file was a complete mockery of anyone who lost anyone in a fire, the recent rape storyline was a complete mockery of anyone who suffered rape, the storyline from a few years ago of domestic abuse was a complete mockery of anyone who suffered domestic abuse etc etc......

The real problem with the Jane cancer storyline is that it's so shoddy and unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

morphine sulphate 60mg suspended release (not a medical term) wouldnt have that strong an effect on Pauldy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

I would have grabbed that phone out of Janes hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I can't see the point of Jane putting on the fancy stockings the other night if all she was going to do was take a yukie "selfie" of herself and Paul....

another bad photoshop job on the pill packet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I had to turn it off there where she arrived out while her phone made a huge "bing" noise to start recording.

This is absolute horse muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Niamh to orla about the cancer - They caught it early its curable.

And she only has weeks to live? What kind of cancer is that pray tell.

Ffs script writers!

Hehehe....

The minute your fella tells you "you mean the world to me" after a night missing in action........

Pure genius script writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,001 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Is the blond one that was talking to Cass auditioning for the part of a Bosco presenter??

absolutely atrocious episode, no further comment.

woo hoo go Jane, great ending!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

There are boundaries in broadcasting and this is way out of line.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Eh did the penny not drop with Paul with Jane deciding she wanted to get pregnant....while undergoing treatment for cancer. ? Script writing again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Just as well angel01 isn't around to hear your negative comments and defend the indefensible.

I didn't watch tonight episode yet was it any good

a lot of people tend to be upset on here what happened

True Story

I lost both my nana & grand-dad 2 uncles 2 aunts to cancer , that doesn't include my dad surviving it , my other aunt & my other nana survived it also

cancer is riddled on both sides on the family , get tested every six months

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I didn't watch tonight episode yet was it any good

a lot of people tend to be upset on here what happened

The cancer story is just gone way too far. People should complain to the broadcasting authority because it is deeply inappropriate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

if i was paul id tell niamh everything, i know its hard but iv been in the same situation ,well not being rugged :P but i did nothing but be honest and it worked out even better

if i was paul id just tell niamh anyway, "if" he was going to "loose" niamh , id tell her and loose her and not let jane win , either way your fcuked :P

True Story

I lost both my nana & grand-dad 2 uncles 2 aunts to cancer , that doesn't include my dad surviving it , my other aunt & my other nana survived it also

cancer is riddled on both sides on the family , get tested every six months

I'm very sorry for your losses tajd.

You are a wise person regarding your regular tests.

This story has been badly handled and researched by the script writers imo. There has been no cohesion to the story (e.g. the pill taking tonight, etc).

To run a story line that involves a person pretending to have a terminal illness, there has to be a compassionate attempt at a realistic story line and "believable" actors that builds up over a period of time - not a couple of weeks.

This was a bungled attempt of a "spite/revenge" story that I considered bad taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

just watched tonights episode there.............. ****e episode too much of jane going on, they should either have her faking the cancer (controversal l know) or faking the pregnancy...the whole tj thing makes my cringe, christ almighty

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

What a bitch. What would Paul's legal standing be with this? He was drugged.

Must be the best storyline over the past year..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement