Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I thought you couldnt use nowtv app on android devices such as my galaxy tab 3.

also, is it possible to get the app on ps3 in ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

noodler try xbmchub.com, they answer most peoples prayers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

ozmo wrote: »
    If i have a sky (ireland) account - should i be able use that account on this box?

I entered the username and password - and it seems accept it but it says
    "Oops! something went wrong here. Please come back layer. (-1)"

Should it be working? Thanks.

Has anyone an answer to this.
    Ive also got a sky account and a box winging its way to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

noodler wrote: »
    I thought you couldnt use nowtv app on android devices such as my galaxy tab 3.

also, is it possible to get the app on ps3 in ireland?

Create a UK psn account via a new profile.Download it there and then itll be in your regular profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Has anyone an answer to this.
    Ive also got a sky account and a box winging its way to me.

Be interested in an answer to this too. Just ordered the box and used my Sky ID to sign in for convenience. Hope it wont cause a problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,490 ✭✭✭brevity

The sky go account is separate from the nowtv account.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

brevity wrote: »
    The sky go account is separate from the nowtv account.

It asked me to login to NowTV account or set up new one and I logged in using my Sky details?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,490 ✭✭✭brevity

adox wrote: »
    It asked me to login to NowTV account or set up new one and I logged in using my Sky details?:confused:

Ah that's grand but the two services are separate from each other. (Unless they have integrated them since I signed up)

Shouldn't cause any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Hey guys, there are nearly 80 pages on this now. Is it still the ten pound now tv box under discussion? Would it be possible to edit first thread to update on what this box, or whichever box is under discussion atm, can or can't do??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Yeah somebody really needs to sticky all the info to the first page. It's still a great bargain so needs to be updated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

my £1 sub trial has now ended, but they are now only charging £4.99 a month. I though it was going to be £8.99?? Can anyone shed any light on that one? :)

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

astrofluff wrote: »
    my £1 sub trial has now ended, but they are now only charging £4.99 a month. I though it was going to be £8.99?? Can anyone shed any light on that one? :)

Your nowtv one? What was the £1 sub trial? Mine is first month free, then €8.99 but still on free month. £4.99 would be sweet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I went onto my account and had a look at the history...

Month 1: Free Sky Movies Pass 30-day Trial
    Month 2: Sky Movies Sub, £1.00 (88.87% discount)
    Month 3: Sky Movies Sub, £1.00 (88.87% discount)
    Month 4: Sky Movies Sub, £1.00 (88.87% discount)
    Month 5: Sky Movies Sub, £1.00 (88.87% discount)
    Month 6: Entertainment Months Pass £4.99

It looks like the subscription type has changed, but I am able to watch the movies section. :)

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Set up a plex server yesterday and going to pick up one of these for the tv. Can you order more than 1 at a time?? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    Set up a plex server yesterday and going to pick up one of these for the tv. Can you order more than 1 at a time?? Cheers

Ya I ordered two as Christmas presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

I have access to sky go can I watch it on this box?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

Id love to be able to edit the op but i dont have the privileges. But just reading back on a few pages and seen someone mentioning the apk for android is doing its rounds? Could anyone pm me it or send me a dl link? :) thanks in advanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Roger00

Id love to be able to edit the op but i dont have the privileges. But just reading back on a few pages and seen someone mentioning the apk for android is doing its rounds? Could anyone pm me it or send me a dl link? :) thanks in advanced.

I have it I googled it awhile ago, I think I got it on xda but if you want it pm me your email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,863 ✭✭✭Soarer

gufc21 wrote: »
    Hey guys, there are nearly 80 pages on this now. Is it still the ten pound now tv box under discussion? Would it be possible to edit first thread to update on what this box, or whichever box is under discussion atm, can or can't do??

Yup, I'm all for that.

Maybe someone that's been following the thread from the start, and knows all the ins and outs of what it can do and what's available, can do a write up and pm it to one of the mods? Should be very easy for them to copy and paste all the info into the OP then.

Just my 2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Hey, I have zero problem editing the op if somone gives me content to put there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

gufc21 wrote: »
    I have access to sky go can I watch it on this box?

No as SkyGo and NowTV are run independently. Its very annoying but how they make more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Ordered 2 of these, set up my plex server on a vps with cloud!.. Looking forward to getting these to use them now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

can someone tell me are all episodes of the Wire and the Sopranoes available on the NowTV subscription?
    Also Id appreciate it if someone could let me know exactly what this XMBC thing is all about, does it mean I can get more channels than just the ones on the NowTV sub pack? What is the real potential of these things when you hack them a bit? Are we at the stage where cancelling your cable bill and just getting tv through these boxes is a viable option ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

This box has proven itself very difficult/impossible to hack. At the beginning it was (apparently incorrectly) assumed that it wouldn't take long before someone had hacked it to turn it into a normal Roku streamer, but it looks like Sky/Roku saw that coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

NOWTV Box | £10 Media Streamer!
    Sky_Now_TV_Box.jpg

What can the NOW TV box do?

Stock Features:
    • Turn your TV into a smart TV
    • Watch the TV that suits you with a Sky Movies Month Pass, Entertainment Month Pass or a Sky Sports Day Pass
    • View catuch-up TV on BBC iPlayer (DNS change needed), 4OD and Demand 5 (DNS Change Needed)
    • Download apps like Facebook Photo Viewer and Spotify (Premium Accounts Only)
    Sideloaded Features:
    How can I obtain one?
    • First, you'll need a Parcel Motel account as you'll need to get this shipped to their Belfast address. You can get one here and read how it works here.
    • Visit the NowTV shop page, press "Buy Now" and follow the steps.
    • When you've completed your order, and as soon as it gets shipped you'll be emailed Tracking information which can be checked here.
    • Wait for it to arrive! :)

Where can I get plugins for Plex?
    • Plugins can be found here and can be installed by copying the extracted folder to the Plex Media Server Plugin Folder, or by following this video.
    YouTube Video:

Things to know about the box..
    • It can only be connected to your TV via the HDMI cable (provided) or the AV Out connection (unconfirmed & cable not provided).
    • There is no ethernet port on the box so can only be connected to your network via WiFi.
    • The software isn't the same as the Roku LT, and the Roku Store is a modified version to the one seen on the Roku LT, which is why Plex has to be sideloaded.
    • Only one sideloaded-app can be on the device at one time. (App sideloaded via developer menu, as seen in Plex Installation Tutorial, not Plex plugin)
    • You can search through the YouTube app (myVideosBuzz) via the on screen keyboard.
    • Without a movies or sports subscription, this box is still worth the £10 you paid! Whether you use Plex and stream your choice of movies/shows that you have on your server or through the Roku Store apps such as CNET, USTV and RevisionTV there will always be something to watch regardless of your subscription status.

Overview in pictures

Back of box
    NowTVboxback.jpg

Front of box
    NowTVboxfront.jpg

What's in the box?

Deals, Coupons & Links
    • The box can also be purchased on the Argos UK site for a little more, with some vouchers included. Check out this link.
    • Get the box for £7.89 (after cash back) using TopCashbackUK at this link. (Cash back for vouchers also)

Anything else I should add? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Just a few questions
    When I follow the Plex plugin link it shows a page with a lot of bundles on it but no description, typically what are these, just a few episodes or entire series ? Also you say only one app can be loaded at a time, do you mean Plex as the app or one of these plugins?
    When using the Youtube app can you search for videos, if so does a keypad come up or do you need one ?
    Finally if you dont get the movies or sports subs do any channels come through for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,863 ✭✭✭Soarer

Sky_Now_TV_Box.jpg

Top work, and exactly what's needed. Any chance you want to drop Witness a PM so he can put all that info in the first post?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Anybody else having trouble playing some videos on myvideobuzz? I suspect it's the ones with adds that don't play.

If i install plex can I get a youtube add on for this? Or would I need my computer to be on all the time to play youtube videos if I went down this route?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

Sky_Now_TV_Box.jpg

Stock Features:
    • Watch the TV that suits you with a Sky Movies Month Pass, Entertainment Month Pass or a Sky Sports Day Pass
    • View catuch-up TV on BBC iPlayer (DNS change needed), 4OD and Demand 5 (DNS Change Needed)
    Sideloaded Features:
    How can I obtain one?
    • First, you'll need a Parcel Motel account as you'll need to get this shipped to their Belfast address. You can get one here and read how it works here.
    • When you've completed your order, and as soon as it gets shipped you'll be emailed Tracking information which can be checked here.

• Plugins can be found here and can be installed by copying the extracted folder to the Plex Media Server Plugin Folder, or by following this video.
    YouTube Video:

• It can only be connected to your TV via the HDMI cable (provided) or the AV Out connection (unconfirmed & cable not provided).
    • There is no ethernet port on the box so can only be connected to your network via WiFi.
    • The software isn't the same as the Roku LT, and the Roku Store is a modified version to the one seen on the Roku LT, which is why Plex has to be sideloaded.
    • Only one sideloaded-app can be on the device at one time.

Overview in pictures

Back of box
    NowTVboxback.jpg

Front of box
    NowTVboxfront.jpg

What's in the box?

Damn Fine work!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Blue Crystal

Sky_Now_TV_Box.jpg

Stock Features:
    Sideloaded Features: How can I obtain one?
    YouTube Video:

• Only one sideloaded-app can be on the device at one time.

Overview in pictures

Back of box
    NowTVboxback.jpg

Front of box
    NowTVboxfront.jpg

What's in the box?

Great job!! Just one more thing, you can get £2.10 topcashback when buying, maybe mention the cashback available for buying any of the passes etc too.

Advertisement