Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Roger00

The constant buffering on my two boxes is doing me head in. I wont be renewing my subscription after Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Is that with streaming content or from your own media server?

beauf wrote: »
    Is that with streaming content or from your own media server?

Streaming from sky. Streaming from iplayer & 4od is grand no probs.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Tonio

Any chance "David Attenborough's Natural History Museum" will be available on this, or is it movies only.

I understand it is on sky one so it should be available to view on now tv through the entertainment subscription @ £4.99 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Roger00 wrote: »
    Streaming from sky. Streaming from iplayer & 4od is grand no probs.

I havent had an issue with streaming myself. Even using my phone as a wifi hotspot it worked fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I wonder if you disabled whatever you are using to get the iplayer working would it work better?

What are you using to get the iplayer working?

I set it up with plex a while back but only properly started using it this week. Really happy with it. Passed the girlfriend test too (although in fairness she is decent at computers or whatever)

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

I set it up with plex a while back but only properly started using it this week. Really happy with it. Passed the girlfriend test too (although in fairness she is decent at computers or whatever)

is that all you need to get iPlayer going with NowTV box - Plex? Do you not need a UK vpn/IP address?

ta

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Yep UK VPN will do, but I dunno if its worth it to be honest

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

glasso wrote: »
    no usb or sd. need to use plex media server installed on laptop or desktop with plex client installed on the box. easier to do than it sounds...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmQBcbVLWZc

just buy it. it's worth it.

im not reading through 23 pages.. you are all still talking about the 10 pound nowtv box in the OP right?

Big Lar wrote: »
    Yep UK VPN will do, but I dunno if its worth it to be honest

ok...I'll look into it.

Anyone cancel the movies after the free month and get any better offers from Sky?

I'd prob be willing to pay the £9 per month but might cancel and see if they offer anything better first. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Delighted with this box. From unboxing to streaming hd movies via Plex in 5 mins. Superb thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Gonna stick mine up on adverts in the next week or so. Only got it last week and its ok, just not for me. so if anyone doesnt want the hassle of going through pm and waiting after xmas drop me a pm * mods hope this is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭raddo

daytob wrote: »
    Gonna stick mine up on adverts in the next week or so. Only got it last week and its ok, just not for me. so if anyone doesnt want the hassle of going through pm and waiting after xmas drop me a pm * mods hope this is ok

PM sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 james987

ok...I'll look into it.

Anyone cancel the movies after the free month and get any better offers from Sky?

I'd prob be willing to pay the £9 per month but might cancel and see if they offer anything better first. :D

Cancelled the free trial yesterday and was offered 6 months for 8.99 per month starting at the end of the trail.

james987 wrote: »
    Cancelled the free trial yesterday and was offered 6 months for 8.99 per month starting at the end of the trail.

Is this not the price anyway :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 james987

Is this not the price anyway :confused:

Thats what I thought. The way it was presented was as if it was some kind offer for those about to cancel. I didn't take it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Tippex wrote: »
    I've a Zyxell nsa 325 and could not be happier with it.
    It comes with twonky pre-installed which is ok but the advanced features of plex really kicks ass.
    It takes a bit of work (10 mins or so) to actually get plex installed onto it and works a dream.

Is this NAS powerful enough to handle Plex? I thought only the high end models from Synology / Qnap could do this. But this Zyxel NAS is a lot more budget friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Gulliver

JDxtra wrote: »
    Is this NAS powerful enough to handle Plex? I thought only the high end models from Synology / Qnap could do this. But this Zyxel NAS is a lot more budget friendly.

I have the lower model (310) which can't do transcoding at all. Mkvs don't work. I just gave up on it and use the mini HP server from a now-expired bargain alert running Plex on Ubuntu to transcode.

I just use the 310 for serving the Samsung smart tv (which plays almost everything) and Twonky devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ozmo

If i have a sky (ireland) account - should i be able use that account on this box?

I entered the username and password - and it seems accept it but it says
    "Oops! something went wrong here. Please come back layer. (-1)"

Should it be working? Thanks.

“Roll it back”

The constant buffering on my two boxes is doing me head in. I wont be renewing my subscription after Christmas.

that sounds like your wifi network throughput and/or connection bandwidth is not up to it - hardly sky's fault.

• Advertisement

I wonder if you disabled whatever you are using to get the iplayer working would it work better?

What are you using to get the iplayer working?

Just seen your reply there now. I'm using overplay smart DNS, I'll reset me router later today and see does it help. Thanks for the suggestion, I think if I got it working right I'd keep the entertainment package but get rid of the movies.
    Happy Christmas.

glasso wrote: »
    that sounds like your wifi network throughput and/or connection bandwidth is not up to it - hardly sky's fault.

Works perfect on two smart blue ray players & smart tv, works perfect on roku box. BBC iPlayer & 4od are perfect on the nowtv box, the only ones I have buffering with is sky. Broadband is UPC no probs with WiFi on laptop or desktop upstairs.

what model bluray works?

.. I think if I got it working right I'd keep the entertainment package but get rid of the movies.
    Happy Christmas.

Maybe i missed it earlier but how do you do that?

what model bluray works?

Talking bout me wifi not nowtv

Ah lol makes more sense

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pa limerick

does anybody have a copy of the NOW TV app for android(i.e. the apk) as i received an android tv stick as a christmas present..........or does anyone know how to get it as i cant find it on the irish play store!. Thanks!! :))

does anybody have a copy of the NOW TV app for android(i.e. the apk) as i received an android tv stick as a christmas present..........or does anyone know how to get it as i cant find it on the irish play store!. Thanks!! :))

I have it pm me your email address I'll send it to you

Can you sign up to the 30 day entertainment offer for 4.99 and the free movies for a month at the same time?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Can you sign up to the 30 day entertainment offer for 4.99 and the free movies for a month at the same time?

Pretty sure you can, the movies and the entertainment packs run independently of each other

Advertisement