Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate (v2) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

EyeSight wrote: »

Music on the DVD is normally different to the RTE aired version.

Can anyone tell me is the music played on the DVD version the same as the channel 5 aired version of the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Music on the DVD is normally different to the RTE aired version.

Can anyone tell me is the music played on the DVD version the same as the channel 5 aired version of the show?

It was different music for the series shown last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I would imagine that they would be. The international version of Love/Hate is most likely the same as the DVD version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

He should be used even if it is briefly but i think he might have been a vehicle merely to prove that Fran is quite good at making enemies and not as under the radar as we thought and the grave digging with Deano and Carlo was another vehicle in showing their growing disillusionment with Fran.

I'd say Noelie will be reintroduced into the series ironically like Fran was himself: comes out of prison and looks for revenge. Would make an interesting part of the story if Nidge and Fran fell out and Noelie is used by Nidge.

deise08 wrote: »
    Jesus. don't think there was as much discussion over the Kennedy assasination.

Either Nidge, Fran or Dano had JFK killed!

• Advertisement

Either Nidge, Fran or Dano had JFK killed!

Git was the third man on the grassy knoll :D If Aido and Elmo were given the job one thing for sure, the worlds most famous assassination would most certainly have never taken place. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 42 roise2000

anyone watching the repeat tonight?

saw nidge's lawyer in tescos tonight, he had some fishfingers and Weetabix in his basket

Ha ha sums up the popularity of the show when even the minor characters cant go into Tesco without people spying on their shopping. :D

Sure even Noelie Hughes cant get away from it and he only in one episode :D

Luckily the lads had Doctor Elmo on site.

"Blood everywhere."

"Doesnt look too good Nidge"

:D

Was wondering what Nidge was looking at there. He was trying to see if Moynihan would talk to Tommy. Have to say i like Ciaran the cop. Great addition to the show.

And that case Andrew was in was bigger and deeper then it first looked so i would believe the actor when he says he fitted in the grandest.

• Advertisement

Poor Aido :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Music substitutions for DVD releases of television series has been going on for years.

Sometimes all the music is released intact - e.g. Miami Vice and the region 2 sets of Quantum Leap.

Other times it's not (Grange Hill to name one)- but there's always a small print disclaimer on the back of the inlay which says "Due to contractual reasons some music edits have been made".

Keep your off-air copies.

Nidge's white teeth were a bit distracting

Lisha wrote: »

We never thought we'd ever see the day that Aido would be rational or sensible or if he had it in him to even tell the truth and he shocked us with that little nugget.

Id be routing for Aido after that but i fear he'll go back down the dark road out of disillusionment with the world.

Question for anyone....Is the hot dental nurse in the Odlums flour ad baking with the kid? Looks fair like her

Just saying on the ROI soccer thread last night 'Elmo' (Andy Reid) was talking away to Anthony Stokes on the Ireland bench last night. Wonder did he make a donation to the prisoners fund? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Sometimes all the music is released intact - e.g. Miami Vice

Slightly off-topic here, but of all the television series ever released, no other series used popular music (of the time) more than Miami Vice, and it'd be impossible to imagine some of its most memorable scenes without certain pieces of music (driving through the city to Phil Collins's "In The Air Tonight" is one that stuck out in my mind). I don't think they could have released Miami Vice on DVD without the music; the outrage from fans would have meant it wouldn't have sold much at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 OguchiOneywu

After Aido heard the news for some reason I thought he was going to go mental and attack Nadine. Would've been a reminder of how these people are considering he seems to have turned into a lovable teddy bear this season.

Git was the third man on the grassy knoll :D If Aido and Elmo were given the job one thing for sure, the worlds most famous assassination would most certainly have never taken place. :D

True. If their attempt to clip Darren was anything to go by! I'd give the job to Lizzie somehow ... and I think we will be seeing more of her soon.

DazMarz wrote: »
    Slightly off-topic here, but of all the television series ever released, no other series used popular music (of the time) more than Miami Vice, and it'd be impossible to imagine some of its most memorable scenes without certain pieces of music (driving through the city to Phil Collins's "In The Air Tonight" is one that stuck out in my mind). I don't think they could have released Miami Vice on DVD without the music; the outrage from fans would have meant it wouldn't have sold much at all!

True. I own the Miami Vice DVDs and clearly it is all the original music eg. Phil Collins in it. Love/Hate is the Irish equivalent to Miami Vice in more ways than one and the music used in the TV version should also be on the DVD version.

However, Miami Vice was a 1984-1989 TV show and maybe the licencing changes if a series released on DVD is 20+ years old? If DVDs were around in the 1980s and the series was then released on DVD, I am not sure what the story would have been.

roise2000 wrote: »
    anyone watching the repeat tonight?

Yes, just watched it tonight again. Sets up season 5 nicely. I wonder what Fran and Nidge's relationship will be in season 5? Tommy will be crucial too. A hint that the old Tommy is slowly coming back is when he knew Nidge and the IRA had done a deal to get Darren clipped. I could not help but think when Tommy was lying semi-conscious he realised and remembered Nidge hit him. Perhaps, he realised it before he fell down? Perhaps that's what caused his bad turn?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Watching Intermission for the umpteenth time. The scene where Gerry Lynch chases after a young drug dealer and his car gets stolen caught my eye in particular. I recognised the skanger immediately.

Guess who :D

bf5s0g.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

So I decided to watch "The Wire" since there was so much high praise and adulation for it on here, and also because many put down Love/Hate in relation to it.

Well, my verdict is : Love Hate is better.

I am bored by The Wire. I am almost at the end of season 2, and I can hardly stay tuned to be honest.

I wasn't bored by even one episode of LH.

Flame away, but this is my honest opinion, and frankly, I am surprised to feel this way.

Amazingfun wrote: »
    So I decided to watch "The Wire" since there was so much high praise and adulation for it on here, and also because many put down Love/Hate in relation to it.

Well, my verdict is : Love Hate is better.

I am bored by The Wire. I am almost at the end of season 2, and I can hardly stay tuned to be honest.

I wasn't bored by even one episode of LH.

Flame away, but this is my honest opinion, and frankly, I am surprised to feel this way.

I like The Wire but like you prefer Love/Hate. I think Love/Hate, along with Breaking Bad, was the best drug dealer series since Miami Vice. I like The Sopranos too but would consider this more a Mafia series although there is obviously crossover between these genres.

There hasn't been a bad episode of Love/Hate. All were either action packed or building up the tension and often both. The main stories like Darren's quest for revenge, Nidge's toppling of John Boy, the Fran v John Boy rivalry, Nidge's relations with the IRA/the Git/Dano situation, the cops cat and mouse game with Nidge and co, etc. have all been very well done. In addition to this, the side stories such as the Luke one from series 2, Dano's alcoholism in series 3 and the Noelie v Fran and dentist's struggle with finances in series 4 enhanced proceedings and were/will be nicely linked in with the main stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rentens777

this show is highly overated, that is all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Rentens777 wrote: »
    this show is highly overated, that is all
    Fair play Rentens777 , tis a pity you didnt sign up sooner :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

:D Less than an hour to go until tonight's episode...oh, wait :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

I don't know what to do wit myself :(:(:(:(

deise08 wrote: »
    I don't know what to do wit myself :(:(:(:(

Sings song while imaging Dublin scenes in changing light and just general business

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Sings song while imaging Dublin scenes in changing light and just general business

I can see the montage now :(

Advertisement