Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

RangeR wrote: »

Thanks for that RangeR but is a specific dental app not a camera app.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

seligehgit wrote: »
    Thanks for that RangeR but is a specific dental app not a camera app.

Sincerest apologies. :)
    I dunno, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I do love skydrive, but the fact that it lacks automatic photo upload vs drop box or Google + just kills it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Anyon reccomend a running app that i can use for 400m intervals?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭redscan

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Anyon reccomend a running app that i can use for 400m intervals?

This might be what you are looking for. I use it and I find it works really well. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fi.ohra.impetus&hl=en

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Type:Rider

Warning: may eat a lot of your time...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭SteM

Pushbullet is a great app. Like Chrome to Phone but sends more than links. Will send files, lists, addresses and notes to your phone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You can get the Android 4.4 (Kitkat) keyboard on your Jellybean device (via APK installation).

Improved space between keys makes it easier to type, you can now swipe through the space bar (so you can enter whole sentences without lifting your finger off the keyboard), and there are emoji icons built in.

http://lifehacker.com/get-android-kitkats-keyboard-on-your-current-jelly-bea-1458389533

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Mr E wrote: »
    You can get the Android 4.4 (Kitkat) keyboard on your Jellybean device (via APK installation).

Improved space between keys makes it easier to type, you can now swipe through the space bar (so you can enter whole sentences without lifting your finger off the keyboard), and there are emoji icons built in.

http://lifehacker.com/get-android-kitkats-keyboard-on-your-current-jelly-bea-1458389533

you can get more KitKit lovelyness here
    http://www.droid-life.com/2013/10/31/download-new-google-apps-from-the-nexus-5-dump-search-launcher-and-more/
    No guarantee they will work on your phone but most do on my Nexus 4 anyway
    The launcher and the Search are class

• Registered Users Posts: 28,834 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Forgive me, if this is a stupid question, but where is the link to the APK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Quazzie wrote: »
    Forgive me, if this is a stupid question, but where is the link to the APK?

FYI, it is at the end of the text in the article that I linked to. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

How does it compare with Swype or Swiftkey?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

seligehgit wrote: »
    How does it compare with Swype or Swiftkey?

I loved the Google keyboard, but what made me go back to Swift key was the lack of using the space bar when swyping, will definitely be my new default keyboard with this new feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

why cant google keyboard have numbers at the top line instead of having to keep a letter pressed for a number. samsung have this in theirs. i installed the new google keyboard and liked it but had to go back because i found this annoying.

just to put in the google suggestion box!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

FYI, it is at the end of the text in the article that I linked to. :o

Thanks for that, I notice a huge difference from the standard one!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Anyone tried it on an ICS device?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

On my HTC One running 4.3, Hangouts running fine.

The launcher was running fine along with Google Home.
    Search was not working, then when I went back to HTC stock. Google voice is not working. It wont allow me to say ok google.

Anyone able to sugguest a solution to get Google search back working thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Rochey18 wrote: »
    On my HTC One running 4.3, Hangouts running fine.

The launcher was running fine along with Google Home.
    Search was not working, then when I went back to HTC stock. Google voice is not working. It wont allow me to say ok google.

Anyone able to sugguest a solution to get Google search back working thanks.

There's a fix at the bottom of this article, worked for me on my N4.

http://phandroid.com/2013/10/31/download-and-install-the-new-google-experience-launcher/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

That fix works thanks.

Something I only noticed now, if I select English UK the ok google command does not work. Is this normal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Newhand

I full recommend avoiding Pocket Mine if you like to have free time. It is too addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I know we've had this debate before but I dont get how people get by using Swype or the Google keyboard compared to Swiftkey? Swiftkey reads your mind! It often types out whole sentences for me especially if its work related and Ive sent similar texts before. I think it is literally 5-10X faster than other options.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Thargor wrote: »
    I know we've had this debate before but I dont get how people get by using Swype or the Google keyboard compared to Swiftkey? Swiftkey reads your mind! It often types out whole sentences for me especially if its work related and Ive sent similar texts before. I think it is literally 5-10X faster than other options.

I TOTALLY agree.....SwiftKey always has been and continues to be the best IMHO.....now that they have cloud integration and as I change devices a lot all the learning I have accumulated on it so far just automatically transfers to the new phone....killer function for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Rochey18 wrote: »
    That fix works thanks.

Something I only noticed now, if I select English UK the ok google command does not work. Is this normal?

Only works when the system language is set to English (United States). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Hi folks,

Just picked up the first Smartphone yesterday(Xperia Z)

Would someone be kind enough to do a list of apps/games that's up to date or point me in the direction of such a thing?

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Would someone be kind enough to do a list of apps/games that's up to date or point me in the direction of such a thing?

Many thanks.

Yup. Here you go. And here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

RangeR wrote: »
    Yup. Here you go. And here.

Up to date. Thread has been around since 2009.

No need to be such a smartass. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Up to date. Thread has been around since 2009.

No need to be such a smartass. :rolleyes:

It's up to date seeing as we are posting in it now.

And the list for most popular or top free apps on the play store is where I'd start.

Hi folks,

Many thanks.

Lazy post mate. You've opened yourself up to all kinds of abuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Hi folks,

Many thanks.

NYR54Xr.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement