Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Person of Interest [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,184 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Loved the opening episode of series 3
    Its gonna be interesting to see where
    the story goes but i cant get enough of this

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Can someone give me a quick reminder of why Carter is demoted and how she helped Eli?

They'll have to bring everyone together at some point if they plan on having Root as a full time cast member.
    Was strange seeing everyone in the opening

• Registered Users Posts: 55,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Definitely needed a 'previously' segment at the start. I can't remember what happened to Carter.

Root's monologue at the end was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

Carter was being interviewed by Internal Affairs at the end of season 2 for shooting a suspect and the gun "disappeared", it was a setup by HR. I assumed that's why she was back on the streets.

As for Elias, he was taken into the woods by HR and a masked Carter popped out and saved his life.

Solid opening to the season, be interesting to see where they go with Root and the machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I thought Root was talking to a fake machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

I thought Root was talking to a fake machine?

Possibly, but she got a phone call in the hospital and the end of last season. I was late to the party so only finished watching season 1/2 a few weeks ago. I thought she was talking to the machine and not full blown crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

"In the arm, through a brick wall. In the dark. You're welcome."
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,970 ✭✭✭cena

When is it back on rte

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

Definitely looks like they've changed writing style on this. There's a lot more humour this season than in the last two. Unfortunately, it's not very good, and it doesn't really suit the show. I think we should get our laughs on Person of Interest from Reese throwing people through windows etc. and leave it at that. This season he seems to be the guy who's responsible for keeping Shaw on a leash, while having more dialogue to mumble through. It was ok up to now as it didn't really matter what he said, but I've noticed that many of his sentences now have more than four syllables.

The Shaw character seems to have been simply been copied from Burn Notice's Fiona Glennane.
    "Can I shoot him now?"
    Hopefully the Root angle will give us something to get our teeth into.
    Three episodes in and so far it's pretty lame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,776 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Wasn't wowed by the first episode, and am subsequently a bit behind on the last two.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

anyone else think that they have turned Shaw into a cartoon character. Eating steak off a knife, unable to socially interact, wanting to shoot people all the time. That isnt the character they introduced last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,320 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That was a great episode getting a small back story on Shaw and Carter being a bad ass. John taking a bit of a back sit so far this season. Hoping now for some Root come into her own an cause some havoc.

That scene in the bar with Carter was very cool.

The second season will receive it's UK premiere on Channel 5 today Thursday October 24th at 10pm

This is honestly one of the best shows on TV at the moment. Last night's episode was superb.

Mr E wrote: »
    This is honestly one of the best shows on TV at the moment. Last night's episode was superb.

Agreed, bar a few cringe moments towards the end it was solid. For once the result was not that predictable too

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

The bit between the brothers at the end was vomit inducing! great episode though overall. I really dont like the direction of the Shaw character but Amy Acker is a great addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,776 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'm so far behind.. has it improved as didn't think a whole lot of the first episode of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Was it my dirty mind or was there a hint of sexual tension between Shaw and Root?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Roanmore wrote: »
    Was it my dirty mind or was there a hint of sexual tension between Shaw and Root?

People see what they want to see :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

miralize wrote: »
    People see what they want to see :pac:

I need to get out more:P

Thought the episode with dual missions was really well done. Root made a very good point at the end - why is the machine giving her instructions and not Harold? I understand that maybe the machine doesn't want them stopping their mission I guess, but it's all a bit confusing at the moment. Which is good; I'm actually not sure where they're going and that's rare for shows like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Enjoyed it this week too. The HR storyline is getting serious now! Saw an ad for the next 3 episodes while watching the NFL today and it looks fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB0XxBNMRn4
    Fusco :(

That looks Awesome this show this season really is upping its game!

I don't want Carter or Fusco to die

Sh*t just got real. :)

It was one of those kinds of episodes where you expect a 4 week break afterwards, but it's on again next week!

Now thats how you do 43 minutes of TV :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I've seen no mention of it being a half season, so it's mad to think that's only episode 8! Felt like a second or third last episode.

I also kinda swore at the screen when it ended there :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

By far the best show on tele at the moment.
    Loving every second of every episode.
    Always trying to imagine what twists are coming
    but the show just keeps surprising me.

Advertisement