Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Person of Interest [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Mr E wrote: »
    Sh*t just got real. :)

It was one of those kinds of episodes where you expect a 4 week break afterwards, but it's on again next week!

I think it's a 3 parter as well. **** is indeed getting real!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,888 ✭✭✭squonk

Haven't seen the latest ep just yet but can't wait! The lead up to this was as good as most shows final season episodes and I'm so hopeful of this latest ep. It's just such an incredibly good show that's getting better in leaps and bounds. As they're only one third or so into the season, I wonder what the season finalé will be like!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

3x08 was fantastic, Reese and everyone else had walk-on bit parts in this one compared to Carter, she carried the whole episode with ease. Great to see some of her back story too. Roll on next week, if the preview is to be believed (and it may be misdirection, (hopefully)), it's not looking good for
    Fusco
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 60,495 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think the one that dies could be Bear. John talked about getting him bulletproof doggy jacket.

I had a similar thought, but there'd probably be a greater outcry if
    they killed him off instead of a human!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Well holy crap! What an episode, did not see that ending coming. This is so good a show, not bb. But in its own way just as good. And
    to top it all off there is more episodes left
    in this series. Happy and sad after this one.
    And lookin forward to the rest of them.
    Sorry, don't want to ruin anything for anyone . that is why I'm being vague. (can't use spoiler tags on phone)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

nooooooooooo
    jossssssssssssssssss?

the scar story swapping scene was corney and forced

finch didn't want to let root loose on the world, will reese?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,481 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

:eek:

I had a feeling that it might happen after the scene in the morgue, but damn.....

I also thought it was interesting that they introduced
    her grown son last week (that was the first warning sign) - I'm guessing that he is going to join the cast.

WOW part 3 still to come!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Great episode, i dunno why but you just tell
    that someone was gonna be killed off

So now it sets up the rest of the series nicely.

Reese going after HR's no 2 and you still have the extremist group hanging around.

Mr E wrote: »
    I also thought it was interesting that they introduced
    her grown son last week (that was the first warning sign) - I'm guessing that he is going to join the cast.

they also introduce Fusco's grown up-ish son too

bit of a The Warriors vibe there were going for.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,860 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

What. The. ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

jesus thats a big decision by the showrunners there, did not see that coming at all, it looked like they were gonna off someone, but then you thought everyone was safe, and BOOM,

im really disappointed after that i really liked carter, and i do wonder how they are every gonna replace her, i cant see how having fusco alone in the cops is gonna work,

I know the show isn't about romance but I loved the relationship between Carter and Reese and their kiss wasn't scripted according to Jon Nolan and Greg Plageman

The cast will be on twitter tomorrow talking about it.

Person Of Interest ‏@PersonInterest 6h
    We've got @TherealTaraji answering your questions tomorrow - Tweet #AskTaraji to share your question! #PersonOfinterest

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I know the show isn't about romance but I loved the relationship between Carter and Reese and their kiss wasn't scripted according to Jon Nolan and Greg Plageman

oh what the...? that's just silly, jesus doesn't get to decide if he's love with carter

yes he was impressed with her? but in love?

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/11/person-of-interest-eps-on-why-carter-had-to-die-that-unscripted-kiss-and-flashback-possibilities.html
    i'll transcribe it for you
    when we watched the two of them, that it felt unearned.
    it was unearned
    It felt like the two characters wanted to go there.
    eveything is our idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,956 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm glad I didn't see anything about a character dying, though watching the episode felt like a character was going to die.

Great episode. Going to be interesting seeing Reese's reaction next week. I'm sure there's a promo but I won't be watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

Some of this doesn't sit right at all - funny how it's the 2 black cops who get shot and killed, and it's the black guy who gets put away for runnin HR. Think they're clearing out the decks, to get back the focus on the machine. Fusco will probably be transferred away somewhere too, so it'll just be Finch, Root, Reese and Shaw from now on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

finch is a major dickhead really, he refuses to let root out even though she can help john, because the machine will talk to her and not him, and as root also said how many people did finch get killed before he got to john, hes full of secrets, hes doing a lot of good now, but it seems he has a very dark past weve yet to see,

i also liked that it showed HR was 98% eliminated, with simmons now the only remaining member of HR

• Registered Users Posts: 8,888 ✭✭✭squonk

Sorry to see Carter leave. I loved the cop angle. Once the HR angle materialised I started to think of the POI Team as the AntiHR, I.e. good cops consorting with mercenaries and criminals for justice and good. Carter was very much the Anti Quinn and Fusco the Anti Simmons. Had I a choice, I'd have picked Fusco to leave as he was less pivotal.

The kiss. Yeah, I was surprised but it was an intense moment. There had been a genuine friendship and connection building between Reese & Carter for so long that I think it fitted into the context of the situation at that stage. It was more than likely that neither were ever going to see each other again or that their time was measured in minutes rather than years. It's nice to see another dimension to Reese besides the sarcastic, droll hardass.

I'm intrigued by the game going on between Finch and Root. I know Finch has some dark secrets but I can't bring myself to trust Root. I do think she's deranged so the box is really the safest place for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Fusco's face while strangling the cop was spectacular. Kevin Chapman who plays Fusco was brilliant as a mob boss in the series 'Brotherhood' well worth checking out and it was on Netflix last time I checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,956 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wasn't the episode before this one the first time Reese called Carter by her first name? First time I noticed anyway.

What. The. ****.

My exact thoughts too. I guess in retrospect it was too obvious from the promo that it wasn't going to be Fusco, but dayum, that's a drastic move. All that upbeat music towards the end of the episode was filling me with a sense of foreboding, I knew Simmons would pop up out of nowhere, but I was still lost for words after the episode ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I hadnt seen the preview but had heard rumours of someone being killed off. Thought Fusco's near miss was going to be all that happened. Didnt expect that until the phone rang.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

Another amazing episode from a great show, sad to see Carter go, wonder what lies ahead.

What a closure to the 3 episodes. Right now it just might be the best thing on TV.

• Advertisement

Wonderful stuff. Best show on network TV at the moment.

Glad that the start of it was a fake-out. It would have cheapened last week's episode if there was a different person in the bed.

Lionel's speech at the end was fantastic too.

Advertisement