Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2013*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I'm gonna do it anyway A2 Korean here I come :pac: Will be back here to complain and moan about it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭comeclosa

fewtins wrote: »
    I'm gonna do it anyway A2 Korean here I come :pac: Will be back here to complain and moan about it :p

Dare you to be the one student in the history of Trinity college who actually enjoyed the languages option. ;)

Challenge accepted :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 corkboarder

What are you thinking of choosing? I'm sort of tempted with the Advanced Irish Module, I think doing the Beginners Irish one would be taking the p|ss, and also slightly useless, when I got an A2 in HL in the Leaving!

I think the beginners Irish is only available to those who have no prior experience of learning Irish like the international students and there is no way I'm doing advanced Irish after doing Irish at OL in the leaving. I was thinking of beginners Spanish or Italian or one of the ones like film studies or science in society.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Fert94

anybody who's got Galway, is there any way to tell whether or not you've got premed at this stage?

• Advertisement

Fert94 wrote: »
    anybody who's got Galway, is there any way to tell whether or not you've got premed at this stage?

It's optional, you tick the box when you register, same as picking modules etc. There will always be people a couple of people dropping from the 5 to 6 year course after a couple of weeks as well, the premed thing is a bit more relaxed in NUIG than other schools.

It's optional, you tick the box when you register, same as picking modules etc. There will always be people a couple of people dropping from the 5 to 6 year course after a couple of weeks as well, the premed thing is a bit more relaxed in NUIG than other schools.

then I really have a problem with my registration.. it appears to have decided a few things for me and won't let me edit, hopefully a phone call will sort it!
    Thanks a million for the quick reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Hermione Granger

then I really have a problem with my registration.. it appears to have decided a few things for me and won't let me edit, hopefully a phone call will sort it!
    Thanks a million for the quick reply :)

I'm in the same boat. I think that you have to wait for them to officially ask you to register before you do anything else . . . Is your fee still at over seven grand ?

I'm in the same boat. I think that you have to wait for them to officially ask you to register before you do anything else . . . Is your fee still at over seven grand ?

yup it surely is, I nearly keeled over! Haven't received an email about registration either so could be it alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭polydactyl

So will all the new undergrads be supporting the upcoming NCHD strike? In all seriousness it will do you well to read up on it as know what's ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 conradmurph

Whats the intake for undergraduate Medicine, UCC?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Whats the intake for undergraduate Medicine, UCC?

I thought it was about 100 but I saw 75 mentioned somewhere else so I'm not sure! there's also about 70-100 Malaysian students along with the EU undergrads.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

comeclosa wrote: »
    Dare you to be the one student in the history of Trinity college who actually enjoyed the languages option. ;)
    If anyone will, he will. :rolleyes:

(Given that Canard's not in Trinity)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 KildareKing

I got an offer from galway today :D. I am not sure how to go about the accomodation , do you think corrib will still have some places?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭waiting4

I got an offer from galway today :D. I am not sure how to go about the accomodation , do you think corrib will still have some places?

Wooo same so excited!! Think its all booked up though

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

If anyone will, he will. :rolleyes:

(Given that Canard's not in Trinity)
    When I read the post about everyone hating languages, a little part of me died. :pac:

Congratulations, they keep stuff back for second round sometimes, although there might not be single rooms left. Call the accommodations office anyway.

waiting4 wrote: »
    Wooo same so excited!! Think its all booked up though

I called the office in Corrib Village, they said they have 28 spots left and that i have to pay by tommorrow. I am a bit reluctant though cause i heard mixed reviews about the place, however the alternatives seem a little bit more expensive and abit far from the campus. what are u planing on doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭waiting4

I called the office in Corrib Village, they said they have 28 spots left and that i have to pay by tommorrow. I am a bit reluctant though cause i heard mixed reviews about the place, however the alternatives seem a little bit more expensive and abit far from the campus. what are u planing on doing?
    Got a room in gort na coiribe after a friend who goes to NUIG recommended it. its halfway between centre of Galway nd NUIG 5 min walk to each. Only theres no single rooms left do im sharing wit a randomer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

You doing First Med or Pre-Med? I know a fair few people that have passed through Corrib and the general consensus is if you're doing First Med, stay away (or live in the library), but if you're doing Pre-Med and enjoy the occasional party it sounds good. :)

• Advertisement

Slow Show wrote: »
    You doing First Med or Pre-Med? I know a fair few people that have passed through Corrib and the general consensus is if you're doing First Med, stay away (or live in the library), but if you're doing Pre-Med and enjoy vodka on toast for breakfast, having your front door stolen mid-party and the occasional night's sleep it sounds good. :)

FYP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

FYP ;)

Haha what have I signed myself up for? :pac:

Slow Show wrote: »
    You doing First Med or Pre-Med? I know a fair few people that have passed through Corrib and the general consensus is if you're doing First Med, stay away (or live in the library), but if you're doing Pre-Med and enjoy the occasional party it sounds good. :)

Uh oh...no im not doing pre-med, it cant be that bad can it..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Im going into first med and staying there and I cant wait for it! It cant just be all work plus a pair of Earplugs can solve a lot of problems!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

If your registration is coming up as 0MB3 its premed, 1MB3 is first med. If you want to change from whatever is coming up, the best thing to do is ring or email the admissions office.

The fee may well stay at the 7000 or so on your online registration page but just pay the registration fee and student levy and they won't chase you up for anything! The remainder might still be there as a balance not paid but that amount is covered by the government in free fees. Also you can still register without paying the fees (just click the "pay later" option at the bottom of the page), the closing date for paying the fees is the end of September I think.

Many people have survived it, be grand :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15 thekop55

What are the subject requirements for medicine in Trinity?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tullinahoo

is there anyway I can study for this exam in Ireland, does anyone know

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

tullinahoo wrote: »
    is there anyway I can study for this exam in Ireland, does anyone know

I think the closest location is the UK. You could email them and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

How's med school going for the successful HPAT 2013 cohort? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 clara tierney

hey I'm going to do the med entry hpat prep course and I'm looking for someone to apply with so we could both get a 40% discount ! its supposed to be the best one around like 83% of people who do it get in to med school. its 635 euro without the discount so it'd be really worth it. if your interested or you know anyone who might be let me know thanks :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement