Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

random stuff we likey!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

That moment of thought a day or so after your birthday where you get this big clean/fresh start thing into your head, like new years day it can only be positive tbh!

Iceland!

1e beers that are actually nice!

Charity shop goodies!

Snuggletime!

A day of boxsets - Moone Boy and LoveHate FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Karaoke!!

Always great fun and always able to convince me I'm a better singer than I actually am!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

My birthday cake! I got a Disney Princesses one, even though my birthday's in three days. I'll be 20. :)

My little kittens, they're almost two months old. :)

Star Wars (The Phantom Menance) always gives me warm feelings inside. I've loved it since I was small. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Almost 2years ago to the day I had dealings with a lovely family who have today returned to my place of work.

On one of the those days 2-years ago the young boy was colouring and drawing near me, but ended up breaking his ruler. He looked frantic at the time and then he told me that was his 'school ruler' that he needed for the following week :eek:

I just smiled; re-assured him and gave the young lad a customised ruler from my place of work (brand & logo) and his face lit up!

He walked in the door to me today and the first thing he said when he clocked eyes on me while beaming from ear to ear was "You're the lady who gave me the ruler"! 2-Years later and he still remembers & His face is still lit up :)

It really is the small things with some people.

New chapters and possible possibilities in life

Not losing people completely, the one/s that are exceptionally big and real in my life and have been

Daytime drinking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭al_E_kat

Crawling into bed after a looong nightshift....

......only 2 hours to go :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

When the weather reflects my mood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

the first glass of crisp white wine on a friday evening when you getthe kitchen to yourself to make dinner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

Rain... I love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

That fresh sketchbook smell. Mmm. Also, that unexpected surge of creativity that comes around but once in a blue moon.

• Advertisement

Happiness, when wishes come true, the power of positive thinking, knowing where you went wrong and how to fix/better things, having your heart smile again after what was the worst week of your life - which i hope is over and done with now with any luck :) and everything is good again, well fantastic!

Im just feeling so ecstatic, I just want to run and jump into the arms of the one I love, kiss and hug him tightly and just start from now "new beginning" and no more crap that wasnt me from me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Cycling my new blue bike through the park....makes me as happy as a kid on Christmas eve :)

Booze and sex, thankfully not needed at the same time!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

BUBBLY!! :D

Waiting, and giving space to someone, its then that hope and your love for that person takes the test of time, patience and everything else!

But hopefully it wil be worth it, it has been more than worth it so far! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Putting on a new pair of socks.
    Toasted sambos on the George Foreman.
    Downloading new episode of Breaking Bad on a Monday morning.
    A long hot shower.

"Meet The Millers"

I fcuking love this movie, have seen it twice so far and it has not failed to truly make me laugh/cheer me up yet, Even though Ive felt as down as anything going in to see it, so it must be good! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Drunk phonecalls in the early hours of the morning :)

Going to see "Your Next" with my old schoolmate in a completely different setting/area that ive been in in about over a year at least, not a great scarefest really but great craic and scenes which just make you get the giggles!
    First time Ive laughed that much in a while, even though still sad!

Finding out the reason why I was so moody and all that other crap that potentially almost only destroyed my happiness, and It being a physical thing and something that I couldnt help and didnt know happened etc but didnt, so now hopefully after telling the person I truly want/love and everything else this maybe possibly hopefully Please anyone make it so that we are all good again and together and Im able to properly be given a chance, one final chance to completely show the real me, no hassle, just me, and everything will be happy again as they were the past year and a 1/4, happier than Ive ever been ever!

"Gremlins" :)

My printer would not work & I needed to print documents ASAP this evening.

~ Un-plugged and re-plugged everything and nout!
    ~ Had flashing lights signalling needing new cartridges so I replaced both with my spares and nout!
    ~ Somehow managed to un-install and re-install my printer without a disc (that's in a very safe place with everything else important I cannot locate when needed) and nout!

~ Turned everything off; un-plugged everything getting annoyed; ticked off and went for a cycle...

Came back from a cycle; plugged everything back in and voila - printer back working :) Still don't know what done the trick; only know I somehow got it working and saved myself monies from not having to see and IT dude in the morning.

That's just something else random that I likey :)

• Advertisement

Realisations of new chapters with people etc, and know that I will never lose them in one way or another :)

Sexytimes and lots of them, comedy nights on tv, drunky times even if your not the one whos drunk but just enjoying their drunkenness :D:p, chipper food together, chatting and cuddles!

Afternoons in the park and new places outdoorsy together!

Knowing where I stand, but also knowing there will be more times like this with this person, in the coming future at least :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

That lovely chill that's starting to come on now in late evenings & early mornings.

Custard donuts and shandy soft drinks :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

sentient_6 wrote: »
    That lovely chill that's starting to come on now in late evenings & early mornings.

It took me totally by surprise; where the hell did that chill come from today :confused: I could see my own breath :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Fresh bread!!

Oh the smell!!

Sexytime, talkies, cuddles, Indian takeaway of which weve always got the past year or so, Love/hate boxset, Insideous on TV, then a rainy yet cosy walt to the busstop and kisses in the rain :)

Once again my work makes an appearance in here, I feel lucky :)

Tonight I met a lovely family consisting of a daughter (40's); - her mom and aunt two sisters (50's) and their brother / uncle (60's) ...

One sister approached me in tears telling me her sister was crying so I accompanied her to find her sister was indeed in tears; was ill; had not eaten since dinner on Tuesday (no b'fast or dinner Wednesday) ; was diabetic and refusing to eat :eek: I was informed that she herself was dyslexic and turned out over the night, both had issues with telecommunications in that they didn't know how to operate a phone, how to hold a phone nor dial for assistance. I knew what I was dealing with here.
    Very fortunate to Graduate last-year with a 1st Class Honors in Psychology so was well equipped for this situation and was more confident dealing with all the issues I was now facing :o

They were seen by a doctor and I spent a considerable time researching diabetes; meal-plans and some of the more serious issues the daughter was informing me of as they will be in my company tomorrow. They don't know what she could eat safely with diabetes; had more on my shoulders tonight at work that I could have envisioned when heading in yesterday afternoon!

They are now more content; more confident on dealing with everything; I'll talk them through the breakfast options I have complied; lunch and dinner alternatives and options that I now know (and didn't this time yesterday as I've never been this close to someone with diabetes); had privilege of meeting some unique and genuinely lovely people who I found out some would not give the time of day due to some of what they deal with daily, personally.

Random Stuff I Likey was certainly my work tonight where I'd the Privilege of researching and learning about new topics for me - in detail; about conditions and mental issues people face and live with - up close.

I just feel privileged that this family trusted me in every way they have done :)

Certainly Random Stuff that I Likey,
    kerry4sam

Hope, in any and every form, and things that give you hope on a certain situation/person for the future and the thinkings that we will be all good like before but better, no matter what happens!

Making the very most of each moment, day, week etc with that person, even more than ever!

Trying out nightvision goggles!

Oranges!

Cuddles etc ;)

Looking through old pix of us together!

Singing together!

Recording stuff together, or having things recorded for me to my phone! :)

Spent some lovely relaxing hours this morning dog-sitting a beautiful husky. Whenever I walk her she picks a colourful flower or plant from the side of the road, never anything green though, and carries it on her walkies with her head up so it won't touch the ground, walking as proud as punch! :)

Had myself a pedicure and manicure; my eyebrows re-shaped; and the most relaxing bath which always eases the pain in my back (while I wait on yet another CT scan to find the full extent of the damage done to my spinal disc). Oh! and the Sun was Shining today too!

Yet some more Random Stuff I Likey indeed :)

Hope you all Enjoyed your own Saturday thus far,
    kerry4sam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

I went to a Single's Night!! :D Finally! (Refer to previous posts for constantly endlessly never shutting about them! :rolleyes: ) Had to put on my big girl's pants for it but was more curious and nosey more-so than scared etc. lol, to find out what it was all about! But am kinda glad it’s here, over, been and gone, now though as the anticipation and waiting for things is annoying!

Kudos to the peeps that go to the trouble of organizing these things. It’s nice to have something different to go to. Didn't stay till the end, it seemed to be very drawn-out and dragged a bit which kinda vetoed the element of it ever being any ways fun but it was a bit of entertainment anyway! :)

Definitely good to do / see something different! ;) Don't know if the concept will ever kick off here maybe it's different in other counties around Ireland, I don't know, but half was all girls, the other half all boys!! Actually, now that I think of it, I think there was regular Punters that were in seating in full-view of the Event taking place, don’t think that was at all fair on Attendees going to something like this! Although Ticket-cost to go was cheap-ish, dedicating a whole separate room or something would have been more ideal for it! Maybe about a handful of fellas milled about the place but that was it, Attempts to integrate/interact weren’t really viable as it was so clearly-defined half and half!! I think the girls just treated it as something different to do for a Girl's Night Out, dunno what the fellas treated it as! Would love to know what the guys’ thoughts / take on it was!

There did seem to be a fair few Hosts / Organizers for it alright, but, they didn’t do anything. They just seemed to be standing back looking-on like, it might have been more beneficial to the Night if they went around and did their part in the Hosting and mixed people up a bit or something and got folk chatting, but maybe they were of the opinion to leave be as is. Ended up heading off to few other places and met a lovely guy along the way too! Wouldn’t have met him if didn’t go to this! :pac: So thanks for that Singles Night!!

Although not overly-expensive, am veering towards not getting actual literal moneys-worth out of it, even though do admire people for coming up with different things to do and new ideas. Plus am delighted that I did it and glad I went through with it!! But speed-dating with an exact purpose might be more aaaam informative?!? :o Ya can find out at the end if people are interested or not which is kinda the whole point to it! Other than that, if ya want to just chat go to a Pub! :P But would never in a whole million gazillion trillion years ever do anything like that, it wouldn’t be suited to my type of person AT ALL i.m.o., in any way shape or form! But it’s not at all daunting though! Worth trying out anyway. Am very happy I did! :) Can tick it off the To-Do List!

Million times better than me sitting in whining about being bored and feeling down and all that lark, that’s for sure! Need to get out there, and things can be and are, right there waiting!! Need to win the Lotto now to have all the monies to go to ALL teh things. :) Speed-dating next hopefully! There was some stunning-looking peeps both girls and guys at the Event though. Couple of guys in particular but have no idea who they are or anything…… :/ Determinedly awaits future-path-crossing of a certain couple of unknown guys now! :D:/

Advertisement