Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killer Instinct Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Looks like my presumtions were right about the characters being a fiver a pop... unfortunately.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

You can get the whole shebang including the 2 eventual DLC for 40 though, to be fair.

Seems to be $40 for eight lads. It doesn't say there'll only be eight lads though.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

You can get the whole shebang including the 2 eventual DLC for 40 though, to be fair.
    deathrider wrote: »
    Seems to be $40 for eight lads. It doesn't say there'll only be eight lads though.

Not quite.
    “Killer Instinct” for Xbox One will be free to download with one free playable character available. Additional characters will be available for purchase starting at $4.99 / £3.99 / €4.99 each.

Players can also purchase special discounted character packages:

Combo Breaker Pack –– Save 50 percent instantly by purchasing the Combo Breaker pack,

Combo Breaker Pack Includes

- The first 8 characters (6 at launch, plus 2 characters before their official post-launch release) for $19.99 / £16.99 / €19.99.

Ultra Edition – The Ultra Edition delivers the best value for “Killer Instinct” fans. Available for $39.99 / £34.99 / €39.99,

The Ultra Edition includes:

- The first 8 characters (6 at launch, plus 2 characters before their official post-launch release)
    - Character accessory packs
    - Character costumes
    - The original “Killer Instinct” arcade game

Doom, I understand you may also be referring to costumes and stuff when you say "the whole shebang". Anyway, €20 for 8 characters, another €20 for some bull****.

Not planning on picking up an XB1 for the foreseeable future, but I gotta say, for people interested in buying this game, it still seems like a bad move to me. Feels too much like a MVC3 to UMVC3 situation waiting to happen, though at least they're not asking for €50/60 like Capcom did for their "beta".

Slightly better news regarding this:

On a slightly different note, this $ = € **** needs to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Chris IWS wrote: »
    ]

On a slightly different note, this $ = € **** needs to stop.
    Don't forget the other one, "£ price = € price-5".

• Advertisement

The Combo Breaker Deal sounds like it should come with chips and a coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I've heard complaints about the confusing pricing structure, but it's really not that bad.

Demo - $0 - Just Jago
    Full Game - $20 - All characters (including two forthcoming DLC)
    Collectors Edition - $40 - All characters and a bunch of extra stuff.

This has been standard practice for years in retail games. It shouldn't be too much of a shock to see it jump to digital.

The one "confusing" part is how you're able to get the Demo and then buy individual characters for $5 and later upgrade to the full game at a discount. I really like that sales system though.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

Sairus wrote: »
    I've heard complaints about the confusing pricing structure, but it's really not that bad.

Demo - $0 - Just Jago
    Full Game - $20 - All characters (including two forthcoming DLC)
    Collectors Edition - $40 - All characters and a bunch of extra stuff.

This has been standard practice for years in retail games. It shouldn't be too much of a shock to see it jump to digital.

The one "confusing" part is how you're able to get the Demo and then buy individual characters for $5 and later upgrade to the full game at a discount. I really like that sales system though.

I assume they'll be smart enough to offer a full game unlock if somebody attempts to buy 4 chars... or that the customer would be at least that wise. :rolleyes:
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Don't forget the other one, "£ price = € price-5".

Yup, that's how currency works! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

a one hour stream just finished. for those who may be interested in checking it out just follow this link

http://www.twitch.tv/microsoftstudios/b/449842733

Features: -New Character Thunder
    -New Colours for all characters
    -Discussion on game and character adjustments
    -Hints on next character at the end.

Hey Ramza, they are already looking into Jago's Instinct :p they mention how they are thinking about changing it so that you can only gain health if you are on the offence. If you activate and just try to turtle, the health won't replenish.

redwolf-jpg.547

pinkglacius-jpg.549

golden-glacius-vs-golden-jago-jpg.543

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

I know what Edition I'm playing..

BST__EwCEAA0fWz.jpg

• Advertisement

Nutrient wrote: »
    I know what Edition I'm playing..

BST__EwCEAA0fWz.jpg

i have no problem buying the $20 dollar version for one of the XGC XBones just so people can have a go at it.

2gen wrote: »
    a one hour stream just finished. for those who may be interested in checking it out just follow this link

http://www.twitch.tv/microsoftstudios/b/449842733

Features: -New Character Thunder
    -New Colours for all characters
    -Discussion on game and character adjustments
    -Hints on next character at the end.

Hey Ramza, they are already looking into Jago's Instinct :p they mention how they are thinking about changing it so that you can only gain health if you are on the offence. If you activate and just try to turtle, the health won't replenish.

redwolf-jpg.547

pinkglacius-jpg.549

golden-glacius-vs-golden-jago-jpg.543

That video is unwatchable on my computer. Pretty much slowed down to a point of still shots with jump audio. Wanna let me in on what these hits were? Was it just folks mentioning bits and pieces or was it like at Evo where they showed Thunder's axe hit a tree and left the rest to our imaginations?

Also, I think that's actually a very interesting idea only having Jago's health refill as he attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

That's good :P it was way too good as it was!

That video is unwatchable on my computer. Pretty much slowed down to a point of still shots with jump audio. Wanna let me in on what these hits were? Was it just folks mentioning bits and pieces or was it like at Evo where they showed Thunder's axe hit a tree and left the rest to our imaginations?

Also, I think that's actually a very interesting idea only having Jago's health refill as he attacks.

this guy makes a good summary of the changes.

as for the character reveal, they only talked about "how many people were pretty good with their predictions" (Fulgore and Orchid for character 5 &6 ??)and that the next character reveal will be a lot better than the Evo teaser, which im guessing that they will show off a combo video of the new character or something.

this guy makes a good summary of the changes.

as for the character reveal, they only talked about "how many people were pretty good with their predictions" (Fulgore and Orchid for character 5 &6 ??)and that the next character reveal will be a lot better than the Evo teaser, which im guessing that they will show off a combo video of the new character or something.

Deadly stuff. Cheers, man. I'm pretty surprised that Orchid has stayed out of the spotlight this long. I really thought that she'd be one of the first announcements. However, I'm dying to see what an updated Fulgore would look like.

Deadly stuff. Cheers, man. I'm pretty surprised that Orchid has stayed out of the spotlight this long. I really thought that she'd be one of the first announcements. However, I'm dying to see what an updated Fulgore would look like.

i'm sure they are leaving "the best till last" to keep fans in suspense since them two are defiantly the 2 faces of KI.

also EventScrubs just recently put up a full list on the changes just in case AcidGlow missed anything in that vid i put up for you.
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/aug/23/fans-not-expecting-5th-killer-instinct-character-microsoft-looking-add-more-ultra-combos-eventhubs-transcript-yesterdays-ki-stream/#c540996

Max's Thunder Breakdown.

Spidey is in KI now :P

but seriously, im surprised that the 5th character wasn't Orchid or Fulgore. Its interesting seeing the 1st new character in the KI franchise in 17 years.

as of now, all i can do now is wait until more info is released before i make my final verdict.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

That could totally be a redesigned Kim Wu or Maya (or Tusk who made some serious life-altering decisions).
    The design of the newcomers in KI2 was pretty lame so I wouldn't object to any of them being massively redone.

I almost hesitate to ask, but as anyone mentioned what the plot or setting or time-period of the new game is?

The first game took place in the slightly vague future, and was kind of about a company being dickheads with weirdo experiments into robots, on aliens and with genetic engineering.

The sequel took place a thousand years in the past from the previous game, because an exploding cyclops ripped a time vortex in reality allowing a statue of a tiger to become a gargoyle who took over the world.....

You know, on second thoughts I'm fine with the new game not having a plot.

That could totally be a redesigned Kim Wu or Maya (or Tusk who made some serious life-altering decisions).
    The design of the newcomers in KI2 was pretty lame so I wouldn't object to any of them being massively redone.

I almost hesitate to ask, but as anyone mentioned what the plot or setting or time-period of the new game is?

The first game took place in the slightly vague future, and was kind of about a company being dickheads with weirdo experiments into robots, on aliens and with genetic engineering.

The sequel took place a thousand years in the past from the previous game, because an exploding cyclops ripped a time vortex in reality allowing a statue of a tiger to become a gargoyle who took over the world.....

You know, on second thoughts I'm fine with the new game not having a plot.

its been confirmed as a sequel to KI2 (as in it continues the story after those events) and people are assuming that the fighters have returned back to their normal timeline due to Thunder being present in KI3 (he was never sent back in time since he left the tournament after defeating Spinal who was his brothers slayer and thus he wasn't around during the events of Eyedol's death).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Glacius can hold his fireballs now and release on will :eek: That's a bit ridiculous :o

New character looks cool :) I was thinking it was very like Kim Wu when I seen her, I like some of the changes that have been implemented to the game from reading up on Eventhubs! I am planning on getting a PS4 but don't think I would swing to xbox one just for one game :/ why can't it be cross platform :(

http://www.twitch.tv/iebattlegrounds/b/450473302

the last "Killer Instinct Friday" that took place at Super Arcade. its almost 4hrs and features the latest build of the game. It worth watching since people are actually getting the hang of the mechanics now.

the stream will eventually (within a day or two) be uploaded onto Youtube at this address http://www.youtube.com/user/IEBattleGrounds/videos

Ramza wrote: »
    why can't it be cross platform :(

i'm thinking about buying the $20 version for one of the XGC consoles (they already pre ordered 2-3 XBOs) just to have a go and give other people the chance to play :)

"Killer Instinct Friday #2" at Super Arcade

Spidey is in KI now :P

but seriously, im surprised that the 5th character wasn't Orchid or Fulgore. Its interesting seeing the 1st new character in the KI franchise in 17 years.

as of now, all i can do now is wait until more info is released before i make my final verdict.

Does Ed Boon know that MK characters have escaped into KI?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Man, nostalgia flash.

I love the old KI music, and that announcer yelling his lungs out.

I'm also definitely digging this remix, and the whole dynamic music thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

KI, titanfall, and dedicated servers for COD are making me tempted to get an Xbox one over the PS4 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Orim screw the NDA, tell us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Tell us how poo it is

Advertisement