Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

I use GTasks. Is this one much better and can you import from GTasks to Keep?

I don't use GTasks so I can't say what the difference is. Google Keep is aiming at Evernote, so it's easy more than just a check list. AFAIK you can't schedule reminders in Keep, so I guess it's not really a task manager in the usual sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭cullenswood

AFAIK you can't schedule reminders in Keep, so I guess it's not really a task manager in the usual sense.

Ah right, will stick to GTasks so.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭corkie

Just for those who don't follow the games thread!

Krustyland update for "Simpsons Tapped Out" is available.

There is a new thread for active players here

Regards,
    John

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

This has probably been answered before but is there any app to block other apps running in the background like maps etc. Phone is rooted.

You can freeze apps with TiBu, and you can hibernate them with Greenify.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Try Google Keep. It can do more than you're looking for, but the checklist function is really good in it. Nice widget too.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.keep

Thanks, I downloaded that and like it.
    What would make it even better is if it had a password protected section. Then i wouldn't need a seperate app for sensitive info.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

+1 on Google keep
    Using mine for everything from hospital appointment's
    Baking ideas
    Funny pics

And so on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I just read that Whatsapp processed 27 billion messages in one day! Bloody hell

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Cienciano wrote: »
    I just read that Whatsapp processed 27 billion messages in one day! Bloody hell

Link?

EDIT: see it here - http://www.dnaindia.com/scitech/1862064/report-whatsapp-goes-free-on-ios-gets-new-features

Moon+ Reader Pro half price.

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    +1 on Google keep
    Using mine for everything from hospital appointment's
    Baking ideas
    Funny pics

And so on

For casual stuff, I like Keep. But for clipping websites and more academic stuff that I'm involved with, Evernote is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

For casual stuff, I like Keep. But for clipping websites and more academic stuff that I'm involved with, Evernote is better.

I find the keep widget very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I’m looking for an app that’ll put an icon on my screen (like icon for any other apps) and with 1 press it’ll quick dial a pre-selected phone number.

dinneenp wrote: »
    I’m looking for an app that’ll put an icon on my screen (like icon for any other apps) and with 1 press it’ll quick dial a pre-selected phone number.

On the S3 you can put a contact shortcut widget on the home screen, I'd imagine most android phone have such a widget.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

On the S3 you can put a contact shortcut widget on the home screen, I'd imagine most android phone have such a widget.

a few options here:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one/270350-contact-shortcuts.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭b318isp

Yes, on most (all?) versions of Android you can do this by adding a shortcut to a contact, no app needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,092 ✭✭✭batistuta9

the pro version of an app called Shake is free on appgratis today

you can choose an app to launch when shaking your phone vertically, horizontally or forward (this one is a pro feature, maybe the only one, not sure yet) as well as other stuff like toggle 3g, wifi, change ringer mode, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭mrmanunited

Do you guys ever download from the Amazon App store? Every day they give away a paid app for free. it is a bit hit and miss, but I have got some decent apps for free, today is Node beat which is quite fun and worth a go for free!
    Check it out here if you want

Do you guys ever download from the Amazon App store? Every day they give away a paid app for free. it is a bit hit and miss, but I have got some decent apps for free, today is Node beat which is quite fun and worth a go for free!

no i don't have, meant to be but never did

its like what appgratis does, well a lot of the time they're paid but it's hit & miss too, more miss i'd say. Node was on it not long ago

appsales is a good one for, well checking whats on sale :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Just played around with Node a little bit there - very cool! Would be great for generating royalty-free music for YouTube vids.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

Always check the reviews before downloading - most of these apps are recently released and the developer is looking for some exposure. Most of the feedback is pretty awful so its easy to spot the worthwhile apps from the pointless/useless

Anyone know a good app that tells you how much time you spend on your phone and how long you use apps each day?
    Wife is complaining I am always on my phone. I would like to prove how right she is cos my phone controls my life lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭b318isp

Anyone know a good app that tells you how much time you spend on your phone and how long you use apps each day?
    Wife is complaining I am always on my phone. I would like to prove how right she is cos my phone controls my life lol

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jupiterapps.phoneusage

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

batistuta9 wrote: »
    the pro version of an app called Shake is free on appgratis today

you can choose an app to launch when shaking your phone vertically, horizontally or forward (this one is a pro feature, maybe the only one, not sure yet) as well as other stuff like toggle 3g, wifi, change ringer mode, etc.
    I think Id end up giving the phone a shake and then throwing it in the canal :D

Thargor wrote: »
    I think Id end up giving the phone a shake and then throwing it in the canal :D

:pac::pac::pac:

you can set the intensity level of the shake on it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Wouldn't call it a rival, but basic ring, find and lock function has been omitted for a long time. Even windows phone had it...

Hopefully they will make it great with time. Its still annoying that the likes of hard resets wipe out data. Some one should make it that you can't wipe it without a user password in device or recovery. They shouldn't even let you flash firmware without removing the password lock.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Not sure if has been mentioned but I picked up rymdkapsel1 last night and it is one of the most absorbing strategy games I've played on Android.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

is there an app that will read a ebook,mobi,epub to you.eg you load the mobi file into it and it reads it out so you can listen to it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement