Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I love the XP glitch that happens from time to time. Leveled up for the third time and instead of my XP resetting to 0, it remained mostly done. I only needed something like 50,000 to level up a fourth time. Had a few areas that were still to be done so I spent time doing them and just got 6 donuts instead of the usual 3.

I think it resets to 0 if you exit so you have to do it in the one sitting.

Had to evict Cletus and Nelson for Wolfcastle (money talks) so I still have to find a new home for them, along with Kamp Krusty. They'd fit in with Lincoln, but there is not enough room and I dont fancy moving Mount Carlmore after all the work I put into it. I need some new strips of land or I'll have to store houses again to make room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Lisa's 8 hour task (Babysit Rod and Todd) now actually requires Rod and Todd, but the amount of money you get from the task hasn't changed, so it seems like it takes three characters to do but you only get paid for one of them (as opposed to, for example, Smithers' Exercise for Mr Burns task, which pays double the normal 1 hour rate because there are 2 characters). I hope they fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

So since I started playing the game months and months ago I just hit 1 million dollars for the first time. I think I'm going to hold off spending for now because every time I spend, something pops up that I need cash for.

Still really want the 3 aspirational items, but I might hold off until I get the full 5 million for them all. Anybody on here been rich enough to afford them? If so how have you worked them into your own?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

DubDJ wrote: »
    So since I started playing the game months and months ago I just hit 1 million dollars for the first time. I think I'm going to hold off spending for now because every time I spend, something pops up that I need cash for.

Still really want the 3 aspirational items, but I might hold off until I get the full 5 million for them all. Anybody on here been rich enough to afford them? If so how have you worked them into your own?

There's a new aspirational item coming...

I have more than enough, but I dont have them. I dont see where they can fit in, plus I dont have any room for them either.

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I have more than enough, but I dont have them. I dont see where they can fit in, plus I dont have any room for them either.

Have you purchased all the land and still don't have enough space? I've lots of spare land now. Just worried that EA won't add anymore to it and we'll eventually get strapped for space.

Have you purchased all the land and still don't have enough space? I've lots of spare land now. Just worried that EA won't add anymore to it and we'll eventually get strapped for space.

Have all the land. Bought up the rest of the sea the other day. I have a decent amount of houses that can be stored, but I like the layout. Also a park I can ditch if needs be.

Think I only have enough room for the
    Krustyland shuttle
    so if they add more I'll have to get rid of something.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Have all the land. Bought up the rest of the sea the other day. I have a decent amount of houses that can be stored, but I like the layout. Also a park I can ditch if needs be.

Think I only have enough room for the
    Krustyland shuttle
    so if they add more I'll have to get rid of something.

You must have a lot of stuff or a really spacious town. I've a fair bit of space. Might move stuff around but for now I'm still trying to find the right places for things. Just got to build a nice mansion for Wolfcastle but for now I'm looking for a bit of inspiration instead of just making it look like the Burns and Fat Tony mansions. Haven't seen anything spectacular yet.

It's fairly spacious alright. My squidport is the most cramped area but it is slowly getting better. I used to have all the buildings side by side, but I didnt like it. All the buildings now have at least 2 or 3 tiles between them and I think it looks much better.

Once my squidport gets close to what I have in mind, I plan on doing one of those overview pictures of the whole town.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I've found that my game / characters has hit a brick wall.
    I'm at level 17, and my money is still awfully low.
    If it set everyone to do a 12-24 hour task...I may end up making 15-20k
    However, every new building costs 34k and land is 19k

The thing I have building now is the Greyhound track, and next I've Itchy and Scratchy on the waterfront to build. But I don't have the money to be able to build anything. I can see buildings that are unlocked via quests at lvl 14 , that I still haven't got or been given the chance to get.

Am I doing something wrong ? The game was enjoyable at the start, but has sort of just come to a slow crawl now at this stage....waiting 3 days per building ( 2 to get the cash for it, 1 to build)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭btard

SeantheMan wrote: »

The thing I have building now is the Greyhound track, and next I've Itchy and Scratchy on the waterfront to build. But I don't have the money to be able to build anything. I can see buildings that are unlocked via quests at lvl 14 , that I still haven't got or been given the chance to get.

Am I doing something wrong ? The game was enjoyable at the start, but has sort of just come to a slow crawl now at this stage....waiting 3 days per building ( 2 to get the cash for it, 1 to build)

You have to invest in houses so you can collect the porprty tax. Pink houses pay out 75 every 3 hours. If you log in 4 times daily that's 300 per house. 100 houses will give you an income of 30k daily at that rate. You problem is relying on tasks only.

What about leaving Squidport out for a while? I struggled for a while too, and Squidport didn't come out until I was L28. There's no hurry with it, so make it your least priority.

I've re-started my second game and am finding it fairly easy. Dont waste your money on extra buildings and instead just build what you are told to. In my original game, I build five Krusty Burgers and four Kwik-E-Mart's. They cost a lot more than they make. Not doing that this time and am finding it handy enough thus far. Only have to wait a few hours to collect enough money to start my next build.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

higher odd is more xp even when you lose, so always bet the 99/1 it's the better bet.

This isnt actually right. I thought you got 500 for a loss, but you only get 50. So there is pretty much no difference other than the frequency of win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

btard wrote: »
    You have to invest in houses so you can collect the porprty tax. Pink houses pay out 75 every 3 hours. If you log in 4 times daily that's 300 per house. 100 houses will give you an income of 30k daily at that rate. You problem is relying on tasks only.

100 houses ? Isn't that a bit overkill. Surely there is a more efficient way to make money

100 houses ? Isn't that a bit overkill. Surely there is a more efficient way to make money

Buy a few hundred houses, farm cash, sell (or store) houses until you need cash again.

I just bought the wolfcastle mansion (300k), hermans shop (200k?), zesty's(100k), the mob compound(200k) and the all night gym (100k) all in the space of a few days they were all in various sages of build at the same time (i did win 200k during this time which helped, but it's still around 600k money made.)
    Im saving for the putts alot, and calmwood another 600k, it should take me 2/3 days, plus I bought some land.

Im just going to buy land and houses in the next few weeks and grind money until I have all the land so I can properly lay out my town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭steve_r

Intersting debate on "house farming" here and here:

http://tstotips.com/2013/07/27/house-farming-both-sides-explored-part-1-pro/

http://tstotips.com/2013/07/27/house-farming-both-sides-explored-part-2-against/

My 2c; I'm not that concerned with how my town looks, but when I had a lot of houses I found that I was spending ages collecting, and not really enjoying it. I could invest in houses now, get the XP and ongoing cash and eventual donuts but I find I prefer to check in to advance the quests, and pay for the new stuff when I have funds.

steve_r wrote: »
    Intersting debate on "house farming" here and here:

http://tstotips.com/2013/07/27/house-farming-both-sides-explored-part-1-pro/

http://tstotips.com/2013/07/27/house-farming-both-sides-explored-part-2-against/

My 2c; I'm not that concerned with how my town looks, but when I had a lot of houses I found that I was spending ages collecting, and not really enjoying it. I could invest in houses now, get the XP and ongoing cash and eventual donuts but I find I prefer to check in to advance the quests, and pay for the new stuff when I have funds.

pro or against, it's only temporary.

looks awful tho. i look forward to getting at least 50% of the land so I can slow it down alittle and start to shape a town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I've been playing 9 months now and only today finished buying all the land. At least the buildings get cheaper and its far more boring once you've bought and completed everything!

I think I'll do a big town map once I have my Squidport looking how I want it too

Has anyone noticed there are waaaaaay more non-quest tasks coming up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭btard

No. Building the right type of house for your style of gameplay is the most efficient way to make money. I would suggest 100 as a bare minimum. I curently have approx 400 houses of different types. Mostly pink as I can usually manage to log in every 3 hours. I have blue houses for when time is tight. I keep my farm houses to one side of the map tightly packed. During the week I mostly just farm and do tasks. I do my land buys and town planning at the weekend when I have more time to spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I have to ask the question of other 'old timers'. I suppose by that I'm talking Paddy's day veterans at least....

Anybody else getting kinda bored of this? I doubt I'll quit just yet, but I find myself wishing Apu wasn't the only character with a seven day job...

I'm playing since before Paddy's Day and I'm not bored yet. However, I'm not at the stage where I've amassed tonnes of cash. I still have to save to buy the new buildings etc.

Once I get to that stage, though, I can see how it would get boring. Sometimes there's quite a while between new levels and if your town is already sorted then there isn't much to do.

I would wait until
    Krustyland
    before giving it up, though. Just to see what happens.

I find house farming extremely annoying. I've been playing since November and I've never once took to it and farmed. It ruins the look of the town and what's the hurry to finish? I got by fine without the need to farm so anybody can.

I'm still even now trying to get cash to buy the three aspirational items but that's the fun of the game. I wouldn't ever house farm I just don't like it. I've had to build a few extra houses to max out my conform-o-meter but other than that nothing.

I've felt myself getting a little bored of the game too. But the recent updates has kept me coming back for more.

Be careful the cops are monitoring the roads :D
    6f5M9Ao.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Is anyone having problems logging on today? I haven't been able to log on since last night. I'm using an Iphone btw

blondie7 wrote: »
    Is anyone having problems logging on today? I haven't been able to log on since last night. I'm using an Iphone btw

Just been online there about 5 minutes ago. No problems at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

blondie7 wrote: »

Logging in is fine...but visit ing town it keeps crashing

It's been hit and miss for me since Tuesday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

im on an iphone/ipad. logging in ok but i keep getting glitches, like when i tapped on my gulp n blow it looked like a broken pixel of the boat, and my characters keep multiplying :eek: :confused:

Advertisement