Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2011-2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

Jesus that awful to hear.I hope he make's a full recovery.He is a top class hurler.
    Cork know all too well what it's like to loose a player.The amount of injuries so far to top class intercounty stars that have been ruled out for the season this year is shocking,and the championship has not even started.
    Shattered kneecap, out for year?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spacetrap

solarith wrote: »

All the best to him and a speedy recovery from myself and all genuine Clare supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭hardybuck

solarith wrote: »

That's according to reports. Sure the year is only another four months at intercounty level anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Nasty injury for Daniels, hopefully he'll make a full recovery whatever length of time it takes.
    It sounds such a bad injury, but possibly not as serious long-term as something like ACL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

tj reid had the same injury, got it in last years all ireland final replay, he is only starting to return now. if thats the healing time it is a similar time period to an acl injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭deisefolife

President Liam O'Neill says that moving minor grade to U17 would be a much more practical departure than changing U21 to U20.

He has confirmed that the future of U21 football and hurling is safe but says in The Irish Daily Star that minor action as we know it could soon be a thing of the past:

"We're trying to formulate a policy at the moment where minor would become U17 and then those U17s would not play adult games.

"You could have minor and adult league games then going on at the same time. It would really streamline fixtures a lot. U21 becoming U20 wouldn't do enough to justify breaking that tie we have. It's there since 1965 and it's working well. I wouldn't like to be the one to change it."

"The brand of under 21 seems strong enough to hold. I'm not in favour of breaking a brand unless you're sure that what's going to replace it is stronger. I don't see a danger to the U21 title."

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lads, what are times and venues for the club games this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭DeiseX

KevIRL wrote: »

All the info you need should be found here: http://www.waterfordgaa.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

DeiseX wrote: »
    All the info you need should be found here: http://www.waterfordgaa.ie/

04/05/201319:30Ballyduff Upper vsDe La Salle Fraher Field Referee : TBC

05/05/201315:30Fourmilewater vsLismore Fraher Field Referee : Maurice Condon

19:00Tallow vsAn Rinn Cappoquin

J J Kavanagh & Sons Senior Hurling Championship Group 2

03/05/2013

19:00 Mt. Sion/Cnoc Sion vs Ballygunner/Baile Gunnair Walsh Park

04/05/2013 18:00 Abbeyside vs Passage Fraher Field

05/05/2013 14:00 Roanmore vs Dungarvan Fraher Field

1 game on in walsh park...why are western clubs rarely brought beyond dungarvan.....bringing roanmore and passage into dungarvan for games, its as good as a home fixture for aside and dvan....

• Advertisement

Waterford at -2 points in the handicap for tomorrow nights minor match (evens) seems like great value to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

1 game on in walsh park...why are western clubs rarely brought beyond dungarvan.....bringing roanmore and passage into dungarvan for games, its as good as a home fixture for aside and dvan....

Passage and Dungarvan play in Walsh Park in the following round. I'd say these things pretty much balance themselves out. There are plenty of clubs that aren't located in the City or in Dungarvan so to be honest wouldn't have any sympathy for those teams having to travel and it's max 20-30 minutes they have to travel. No issue there.
    Waterford at -2 points in the handicap for tomorrow nights minor match (evens) seems like great value to me.

Do you reckon? Somebody's confident anyway :D

Passage and Dungarvan play in Walsh Park in the following round. I'd say these things pretty much balance themselves out. There are plenty of clubs that aren't located in the City or in Dungarvan so to be honest wouldn't have any sympathy for those teams having to travel and it's max 20-30 minutes they have to travel. No issue there.

its about 20mins from passage into waterford city and a good 40mins from there to dungarvan so i dunno where your getting 20mins out of...at least if they brought some of the games to say lemybrien it would take the "home" advantage away from dungarvan and abbeyside somewhat. rarely you see tallow being brought past dungarvan so why bring passage beyond walsh park, its the equivalent at opposite ends of the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Mr Tibbs

Best of luck to the minors this evening against Clare. This will be the last chance for them this year so it should add an extra bit of bite to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Horseboxhead

is the throw in tonight 7pm ? any news from the waterford camp?.How fit is stephen Bennett ?, Whats this lad from tramore like replacing leamy?, What happened cian is it a long term injury?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Wouldn't be surprised to see stephen bennett in from the start, had a nice break since the last game could have done wonders for him

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cleaboy boy

Reckon one of the tastier games this weekend could be Tourin V Cappoquin. Local derby where anything could happen. Might be worth a journey to Lismore. Anyone know if Daragh Fives is fit? If he is, it'll probably sway the game in Tourin's direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭noiniho

Reckon one of the tastier games this weekend could be Tourin V Cappoquin. Local derby where anything could happen. Might be worth a journey to Lismore. Anyone know if Daragh Fives is fit? If he is, it'll probably sway the game in Tourin's direction.

Ya probably be Tourins game alright, espeically seeing as there is alot of trouble up in Cappoquin, the management team walked out en masse a few weeks ago and some players are gone too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Is shane fives not playing with some team in cork now though? he'd be a big loss

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Shane Fives is playing for Carrigtwohill in East Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cleaboy boy

Shane transferred to Carrigtwohill at the start of this year, his brothers Daragh and Niall play with Tourin, as far as I know there is a lot of upheavel in Cappoquin, players have walked and management also.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭alllcounty

I’d say Tourin would be favourites to head back to junior this year. A club that’s going backwards, they were the only western intermediate club to refuse to take part in the league this year. Darragh Fives would be better off leaving them aswell and any other decent hurlers they have left. Cappoquin should beat them handy even with their own internal problems at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Hslaw

Can't make it to the match tonight. Would appreciate it if any one can keep match updates,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Electric Ireland Munster Minor Re-Fixture
    Waterford 1-10
    Clare 0-8
    Half Time

https://twitter.com/WaterfordGAA

Electric Ireland Munster MHC - Waterford 1-10 Clare 0-8 - HT Score - Clare played with the aid of the wind in the 1st half

Second goal waterford

Bennett penalty. 12 points up now

4 wat goal and second for Bennet
    4-17 to 1-10

Electric Ireland Munster Minor Re-Fixture
    Waterford 4-1 DJ Foran pt
    Clare 1-10
    24 mins. (2)