Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

h33A9A6F5

• Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭Worztron

FRXQt.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

^^
    In his maiden speech, he declared himself to be a Jedi in the debate over “Racial and Religious Hatred Bill” under consideration in Parliament. His comment was intended to be taken ironically and raise the issue of how the Bill would define what was and wasn’t a religion

This guy is awesome! Apparently he's a Methodist but he actually keeps it to himself and is hyper-aware of not giving religions too much special favour in politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Barr125

jesus-vs-jeezus.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

funny_book_Bible_Gen.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

ZkLm2d0.png?1

238889.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_mheh1kSXI11s2wvuao1_500.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Posted once before but worth another go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Probably a repost, but... :)

Jesus_shining_ball.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

No-one ****s with the Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

So, bible, does life begin at conception, or at respiration?

YPWvK2o.jpg

World Hijab Day founder Nazma Khan:

"Growing up in the Bronx, in NYC, I experienced a great deal of discrimination due to my hijab," says organiser Khan, who moved to New York from Bangladesh aged 11. She was the only "hijabi" (a word for someone who wears the headscarf) in her school.

I figured the only way to end discrimination if we ask our fellow sisters to experience hijab themselves”

"In middle school I was 'Batman' or 'ninja,'" she says.

Kids can be so cruel, yet hilarious.

I laughed way too much at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

In the words of South Park:
    Stan: Yeah, you know, we believe in equality for everybody, and tolerance, and all that gay stuff, but dude, **** you.
    Kyle: Seriously.

As much as it's a good idea to fight for tolerance of minorities I really don't think we should be trying to normalise the subjugation of women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I'd have given my right arm to have been known as "Batman" in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Ummm, so all women should experience what it's like to be oppressed for a day? no thanks. how bout they let Muslim women not wear a hijab for a day? see how that works?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

krudler wrote: »

Ummm, so all women should experience what it's like to be oppressed for a day? no thanks. how bout they let Muslim women not wear a hijab for a day? see how that works?

Batman would of been an awesome nickname.

Y'know, unless you were an orphan.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Aliana

krudler wrote: »

The suggestion that I should participate was actually made to me today. By someone trying to be....not sure really, tolerant?...anyway, he said "you know, women all over the world are doing it to show that some women choose to wear it because modesty is important to them, and it's not a big deal", I took a moment to let the nausea subside and told him a lot of people indoctrinated into oppressive ideologies choose to do a lot of crazy sh!t. He actually looked incredulously at me and said "I thought you were a feminist".

I just left.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Aliana wrote: »
    He actually looked incredulously at me and said "I thought you were a feminist".

This was the moment I spilled my lucozade. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Z1CwbKU.png

• Advertisement

Apparently, there's a woman underneath this.

tLklTI2.jpg

Why wouldn't she love wearing this costume. :rolleyes:

I was thinking of starting a Worldwide Slave-For-A-Day. I can be someone's slave for a whole day and they can beat and rape me, while making me work for 24hours straight. Because, you know, there's millions of slaves worldwide who choose their lifestyle.

It's no more ridiculous than 'World Hijab Day', a shameless attempt to normalise the oppression of women. Forcing women to hide their hair, depriving them of the chance to style, cut, colour their hair is cruel, disgusting and immature.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I was thinking of starting a Worldwide Slave-For-A-Day. I can be someone's slave for a whole day and they can beat and rape me, while making me work for 24hours straight. Because, you know, there's millions of slaves worldwide who choose their lifestyle.

DIBS!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Looks like white-wash denim. She is rocking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

JwbAESs.png

239432.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Sounds like a certain terribly-written chick-lit book. :pac:

239433.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

depriving them of the chance to style, cut, colour their hair is cruel, disgusting and immature.
    Em, what? They do style cut and colour their hair - they may not show it off in public, but they can show it off to family and friends...
    I'm not into forcing them to wear it if they don't want to, but let's not go overboard

• Advertisement

239436.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement