Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Suicide is something I don't think we'll ever fully comprehend until you actually go through it yourself. I've had suicide affect my family and friends. In all cases it was people I'd never expect to be unhappy. If you ever find yourself in such a situation please talk to somebody. Venting really helps. Even on here there's the Personal Issues forum where you can post anonymously.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

That's right, talking about your feelings is key to good mental health. Remember there's no problem that can't be fixed, there's always a solution which can be worked out, never give up on yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Did Red Dead Redemption again and got perfect timing. As soon as I
    killed Ross
    , the final action of the storyline, I got the 100% trophy :D Couldnt have timed it better if I planned it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

I'll the first here and say I have thought of commiting sucide. I guess the simple reason my injured hand gets me down alot. I have been to the doctor about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

cena wrote: »
    I'll the first here and say I have thought of commiting sucide. I guess the simple reason my injured hand gets me down alot. I have been to the doctor about it.

Don't let something like that get you down cena, talk to someone about your issue, remember life evolves and changes and things get better. You can't come back from suicide, I know this is a cliche but it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

cena wrote: »
    I know the feeling, I have fairly severe depression myself, been to the doctors a few times as well over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Have had more than my fair share of ups and downs myself mainly due to childhood stuff. Things are starting to look up the last few months after a year of very hard and painful counselling.

Anytime anyone isn't feeling too great they could drop me a PM if they like. I dont have many or any answers really but all it needs sometimes is someone to listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Okay guys, time to take things back up a notch. I was hospitalised for 2 months last year with drug and alcohol addiction and severe depression/suicidal behaviour. This past Monday I celebrated 1 year of continuous sobriety. Whatever situation your life is in, you can come out of it. However, not everyone is as lucky as I have been. Try to talk guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

everyone has there problems. Only thing is the Irish don't like speaking About the feelings. I have cousins from the age of 4 to 11 that see shrinks cause there parents have spilt. Even there mothers go.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hey anyone know where I could buy a small drinks fridge? Where'd be best value? Looking to buy a good one but not too expensive... Like between €50-100.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Hey anyone know where I could buy a small drinks fridge? Where'd be best value? Looking to buy a good one but not too expensive... Like between €50-100.

Adverts or donedeal.ie is probably the best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Argos - http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?pp=80&s=Price%3A+Low+-+High&storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&q=FRIDGE&authToken=

Samir Nasri - what a f*cking coward. If one of the lads did that in 5-aside I'd be disgusted!

Not that I'm complaining mind. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Samir Nasri - what a f*cking coward.

What did he do?

Charisteas wrote: »
    What did he do?
    Hid behind another player while in the wall in the last minute of United/City. The free hit his outstretched leg and went in. If he does his job the game ends 2-2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Charisteas wrote: »
    What did he do?

Hide behind Dzeko in the wall, then stuck out his foot which deflected a v.Persie free into the net. He was also wretched in the game which was no shock as he has done feck all at City.

Nothing worse than getting wacked full force in the face though. Happened to me many a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Nothing worse than getting wacked full force in the face though. Happened to me many a time.

With a football? pfft, man up :P

Stings but it's grand shortly after. At least for me it was. Got an awful slagging one time when I got blasted in the face and just shrugged it off like nothing happened. :pac:

He stook out his foot at knee height there was no way he was getting hit in the face. He is just a chicken sh*t hiding behind Dzeko and all. I'd have a go again at his commitment but a fair few of his teamates don't care either.

I had my nose broken by a football. Exploded with blood so it did. It was in a worthless Irish Cup match too. A 4 man wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,101 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Some MU and MC players are at the X Factor final they were shown in the audience

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, laughed at Hart and RVP sitting together. James better win this...

The whole depression and suicide thing...I know I should say something on it. I've not said much on here. Some people know of the problems I've had, especially with my Dad, and things have got worse. I've been having problems I've been trying (and failing) to deal with recently. But ..... It's something I don't know how to talk about really. Its easy to say "Talk it out" but I think the problem is when you're in a rut, it's not always easy to talk your way out of it :/

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Some MU and MC players are at the X Factor final they were shown in the audience

Was Tom Cruise there "watching" again. Hope Brendan Rodgers isn't there looking down women's tops again tisk,tisk Rodge.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,101 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yeah, laughed at Hart and RVP sitting together. James better win this...

The whole depression and suicide thing...I know I should say something on it. I've not said much on here. Some people know of the problems I've had, especially with my Dad, and things have got worse. I've been having problems I've been trying (and failing) to deal with recently. But ..... It's something I don't know how to talk about really. Its easy to say "Talk it out" but I think the problem is when you're in a rut, it's not always easy to talk your way out of it :/

James would be better off not winning imo

Rio seems to be turning up to everything lately even the opening of an envelope

I will say a prayer for all my fellow PW boardies for peace of mind and happiness ;) #wishingyeallatPWBoardsgoodwellbeing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think James needed the win more than Jahmane. Jah has everything it takes to be big in America without the title of "X Factor Winner" and will do very, very well. James needed the win.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

That's fantastic stereo, really can't be understated. Glad to hear you've come out the other side of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Wow, lads, so many feels.
    Mad to think you would find so much sharing on a feckin' wrestling forum! :)

It gets easier, through talking and not keeping it in. If you feel like you have nothing worth saying then share it to a professional and let them agree with you.
    If anything at all from my previous 18 month of personal hell has taught it's just that what I said above.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

That's fantastic stereo, really can't be understated. Glad to hear you've come out the other side of it :)
    Thanks very much Jay. I need to get a bit of positive reinforcement about what I am doing every few days. I was going to get real emotional on here on Monday about it, thanking you all for being on here (but decided not to). There's a direct correlation between my renewed sobriety and my reintroduction to WWF. How ironic that the champion is straight edge this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Your karoke or favotite drinking song lads?

Mine?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I prefer Amish Paradise :pac:

Drinking songs though, it's hard to go wrong with some Flogging Molly or Dropkick Murphys for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement