Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Supermensch

You know your procrastinating when you start googling your economics lecturer and his biography and coming to the conclusion that he met his wife whilst both were doing a phd :P

Aw, that's cute :D

Argh: After 3 years of faithful service and countless jury rigged, locktite and scrap metal repairs, my headphones sustained a blow today, crush by a physics book, that sadly proved fatal.

So, Sennheiser or Grado?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Had Sennheisers for a year and they were great, but then the left one broke which is less great...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Namlub wrote: »
    Had Sennheiser's for a year and they were great, but then the left one broke which is less great...
    Literally the same story, but only 4 months id say. No sound from the left one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

I hate when my dreams get shattered. must seem like a right idiot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Namlub wrote: »
    Had Sennheisers for a year and they were great, but then the left one broke which is less great...

Ha! Exact same with me too, but with a pair of Urbanears.. Left one too! Bought a pair of Sony headphones today and I'm happy out! I had insurance on the last pair too, so I only had to pay 30 for what would normally be 80 :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I bought earphones from the pound shop for 2 euro yesterday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

My headphones broke last week and I'm not sure if I can afford to buy a replacement pair :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'm rapidly beginning to question whether I'm cut out for this course...

I mean, I've gotten fairly good grades in most of my modules, but... I dunno...

Maybe I'm just stressed out...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Don't suppose anyone is fair decent at Java? ;___;

marko93 wrote: »
    I'd be fairly into that type of coffee myself, depends on the day. Indonesians know their stuff in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Really dont know how much more of this i can take.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Depends what you class at fair decent, I wouldnt be too bad at it like..

Yeah, on a serious note marko, I wouldn't know much about it, only if some stuff from VB transferred over.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I used to be fairly proficient at it. Been a while since I've used it though, so it depends on how complicated your problem is tbh. :P

Tis grand now, Rich helped me! Cheers though :D

ARGH! :(

You worked perfectly yesterday, so why the hell not today? Why do you hate me Oblivion? Why? What did I ever do to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

My birthday was last Thursday so perhaps this ARGH is a bit late but be grand. The guy in my class I like, one of my good friends, was there and we'd mad bants. Went to town and ended up in all the same places chilling. I, of course, was delighted. Ended upstairs in the Bailey, just us. It was turning *that* way and I basically got scared because the last time I felt that way, I got told that he wouldn't do anything with me as we were friends and in the same course yada yada yada. So I ran.

Literally.He understandably got upset because "apparently" he had wanted to and was planning to on my birthday. So, as he was annoyed, he shifted my room-mate, who is also in our class, but didn't know I liked him, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME.

Great birthday.

What's bothering me is that I'm still upset about the whole thing. Hate feeling like this. And I also still like him whilst makes it worse because I know I'm just allowing myself to get hurt. Fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Literally.He understandably got upset because "apparently" he had wanted to and was planning to on my birthday. So, as he was annoyed, he shifted my room-mate, who is also in our class, but didn't know I liked him, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME.
    He sounds like an absolute dickhead, I wouldn't even want to be friends with someone like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Lawliet wrote: »
    He sounds like an absolute dickhead, I wouldn't even want to be friends with someone like that.

I informed him at the time that I wasn't impressed what so ever and didn't want to be his friend anymore. It's the unwanted feelings that won't leave that are bothering me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I just wrote the word 'motify', which spell check told me was wrong. So I wrote it again. Motify. Still wrong. So I rephrased the sentence. 'Motified'. Nope... Tried Google.... Did you mean 'motivate'?

Yes, I did. I'm such a tit...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

I just wrote the word 'motify', which spell check told me was wrong. So I wrote it again. Motify. Still wrong. So I rephrased the sentence. 'Motified'. Nope... Tried Google.... Did you mean 'motivate'?

Yes, I did. I'm such a tit...

is the word you were using not mortify? as in dont do it you'll mortify them, or they were mortified. my google search for your word gave me modify. just curious how you got motivate. btw this is a maths question :pac: need to practice on how to solve a problem.

My aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh is not really a aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh more just sad. That my family think i am an idiot for wanting to follow a career i could only dream of. Now i don't know what to do. Granted i have trouble focusing, studying and knuckling down and my ability to get to grips with that are what is to drive my education. Im all careered out i really am. As one aunt said if you really love it you will work hard to get it. while i believe that i doubt it on the same level. :( worst crisis so far my head just cant deal with all the problematic issues that i cant plan the future for. Seriously looking for a miracle guidance right now.

I suppose this could easily go in yaaah as well, but I suppose currently it's an Argh:

Night's like tonight are why I both love, and despise what I do. I get a certain buzz from working balls to the wall trying to put finishing touches on a piece of software, and ten minutes ago when I fixed a recurring problem that I've been working on for the last 5 hours, I got the biggest shot of endophins than I have in a VERY long time.

That said, my head is pounding and I'm stressed out of my gourd and I just want to go to sleep... :(

Hopefully in 24 hours time I'll be sitting in my Dad's car on the way home, with a big pile of Supermac's on my lap, and comfortable in the knowledge that this project is in the home stretch...

Hopefully...

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I suppose this could easily go in yaaah as well, but I suppose currently it's an Argh:

Night's like tonight are why I both love, and despise what I do. I get a certain buzz from working balls to the wall trying to put finishing touches on a piece of software, and ten minutes ago when I fixed a recurring problem that I've been working on for the last 5 hours, I got the biggest shot of endophins than I have in a VERY long time.

That said, my head is pounding and I'm stressed out of my gourd and I just want to go to sleep... :(

Hopefully in 24 hours time I'll be sitting in my Dad's car on the way home, with a big pile of Supermac's on my lap, and comfortable in the knowledge that this project is in the home stretch...

Hopefully...

I can relate to this, programme wouldn't work in a lab earlier for a long time, when it finally worked I felt like a fawking champ.

Keep at it man, you'll get there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

It is the reading room. It is quiet for a reason. Stop ****ing talking and start working. At least when I'm not working and browsing boards I'm ****ing quiet about it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Just gonna leave it at ":mad:" because today was/is an asshole of a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

#failingcollege :(

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

I was starving so ran home and made myself a bagel. After couple bites thought tasted bit funny, MOULD EVERYWHERE EUGH! They were only bought today </3

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Way too much on the go right now, I'm so stressed out. This is causing me to bake constantly, which seems innocent enough but I eat everything I bake. I'm going to wake up any day now and be unable to leave the bed without the assistance of a crane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

So, at home, there is a girl in my group of friends, and we've all been hanging out for years. This girl has always been a bit of a b*tch to me. As in ignoring me (she even treated me like part of the wall in my own house the few times shes been over), sometimes getting drunk and abusive to my face and behind my back and has become best friends with at least two of my ex boyfriends(and has spoken to them about our relationships which is none of her business).

Her 21st is coming up and I told my friends I didnt want to go due to all of this behaviour (which has been going on for 5 years may I add). They all understand as to why this upsets me, they know she's doing it, they know it's affecting me, they know I've never done a god damn thing to this girl, yet they still won't stand my corner and basically told me to get over it and let her treat me like dirt. They don't want to come between two friends, yet when one person is treating another person like crap, it's their job to stand in and help stop this from going on because I feel uncomfortable being around her. She makes things awkward and EVERYONE notices her being rude to me.

I can't say anything to her because she won't listen, my friends wont stand my corner and she keeps getting away with treating me like dirt. I've asked them not to bring her places where I am going to be, but it's impossible, she's in our group. I just don't know what the hell to do and I just needed to rant :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

My bank balance is 7 euro and I won't be getting any more money til the 7th unless my parents decide to give me some, but I don't want to take their money, they don't have much and I've already taken enough. And I have so much college work to do, I hope I get it all done in time...without starving :/ gah!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement