Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Just bought a Shellac starter kit and a training course is included! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Today's nails I used O.P.I Lady in Black and two Dare To Wear glitters.

222568.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

Someone further upthread was asking about a peel off base coat. I picked up the new Essence one yesterday and it worked a treat! I was rocking China Glaze midtown magic today and just peeled off the thumb in less than a minute. It was also weirdly satisfying! I think it was 2.49 in Penneys.

Also just ordered a few treats from the new CG Halloween and Christmas collections. Can't wait for them to come. Now to mull over the OPI Skyfall collection! Why do all the good ones come out around the same time?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I know I've asked this before but where do people get their china glaze from? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

I get mine from Phoenix Beauty Supply online but all the Sally's in Ireland sell it too. Millies and Beautyemporium also sell it! I know lots of people get it from ebay too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

LizT wrote: »
    I know I've asked this before but where do people get their china glaze from? :o

I got mine from eBay, it was only about 5.50 including delivery. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

beautyemporium.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Look at what I found in Dealz today!

6286753501_38f0ecfb63.jpg

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Pumpkin Spice

I think it's a halloween polish :D

And only €1.49! Yay Dealz! I'll have to keep a lookout now, hopefully I can get some more Sally Hansen glitters

TK Maxx today :) China Glaze €8.99 Essie €12.99

IMG_20121001063519%2520p.m..jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I saw a lovely 3-pack Essie in TK Maxx on Friday but I was on my lunch break and the queue was too long. Went back to get them and they were gone :( I was SO good and didn't get a Models Own set just to compensate :D

• Advertisement

Twee. wrote: »
    I saw a lovely 3-pack Essie in TK Maxx on Friday but I was on my lunch break and the queue was too long. Went back to get them and they were gone :( I was SO good and didn't get a Models Own set just to compensate :D

One thing I hate about TK Maxx's sets is that I always like 1 or 2 of colours but not the others.... I still buy the sets though, got Midnight Cami in a set the other day, it's gorgeous!

fall+polish+essie+midnight+cami.jpg

Essence are doing a Breaking Dawn collection in November. So much want!

essence-breaking-dawn-na.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

ohhhhh love the gold colour!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Ooh gorgeous! I can ignore the Twilight connection for those gorgeous colours

phasers wrote: »
    Ooh gorgeous! I can ignore the Twilight connection for those gorgeous colours

Exactly what I was thinking :)

Orlee wrote: »
    Exactly what I was thinking :)

Me too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Essence are doing a Breaking Dawn collection in November. So much want!

Mother of God I MUST have them. The hunt will be on :) I was in Bray today and had a gook around the chemists for Grumpy, no luck :(

My nails today. On the thumbs there is Essence Snow White Doc with Essence Snow White Topper The Huntsman. Then the rest of my nails are Catrice Absolutely Chinchilly! with an accent nail of Essence Snow White Topper Evil Queen. I don't really like Evil Queen. It was hard to get much of the glitter shapes onto my nail and the glue like substance they were in was really thick and :(, not at all like The Huntsman one which is brill. Anyway here they are:

187180928233940514_znKeSwop_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Just back from my holiday in NZ, and I picked up these while I was there:

11h3yva.jpg

The first two are LA Colours, the first is a nice metallic pink and the one on the right is actually dark glitter but the picture is poor and doesn't show that :(
    The blue-green KK one came from the $2 shop, I'm hooked on those kind shades right now.
    The two Revlon ones are scente - Peach and Beach I think. the green one is veeeery metallic when applied.
    The first glitter one is Nicole by OPI, Step 2 the beat of my... It's a great glitter with big heart shapes in. I found this at an outlet store, it only cost a few euro, delighted!
    Beside that is a Klean colours heart shaped glitter.
    And the bottom two are two mini Orlys, also found in the outlet store. The greenish one is very, very sheer, so I imagine I'll end up using it on top of another colour.

Sorry for the lack of names, I'll edit them in when I've unpacked my polishes :o

Hi guys im going to Amsterdam on Saturday and I was wondering do you girls have any reccomendations of brands that are available there? Im thinking of checking out the KOH experience store.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

ladypip wrote: »
    Hi guys im going to Amsterdam on Saturday and I was wondering do you girls have any reccomendations of brands that are available there? Im thinking of checking out the KOH experience store.

After you check out the KOH experience store stop into one of the Etos stores as well as familiar brands like Essie and Rimmel they also do their own Etos brand polish which is pretty cool. Other nail polish that I can think of is ANNY and also check out Dogulas it also does KOH polish and their own brand which I've heard good things about. Also Kruidvat is filled to the brim with stands!

Omg so much info im gonna have to drag the other girls with me, Thanks Oakey!!!:D:D:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Loving the Essence base coat. Have been typing all day and just did the dishes and no chips yet!

My nails today are Barry M Strawberry and Essence The Huntsman glitter topper. Nice and girly :)

D0E6DA07-74AA-4F13-A061-A6CEF6F3E214-2320-000001BACEC6CE43.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

ladypip wrote: »

You should also check out a HEMA store - they do their own brand cosmetics which are pretty good quality. I have a few nice nails shades from there and their eyeshadow primer is excellent.

Where is the Koh Experience in Amsterdam? I know that there is a big Koh section in de Bijenkorf, the main department store in Amsterdam.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Wow, I cannot wait to get those Twilight polishes! (as long as people don't think I am a twilight fan!)

Right now I am wearing NYC Mint Macaroon and NYC Lights Camera Glitter, which is an amazing combination, I've been staring at my nails all day!

Sorry I cant post a picture because I am on my phone and it won't let me...

Boredom ...

China Glaze Loft-y Ambitions, matte tips and black striper

IMG_20121005062055%2520p.m..jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Absolutely in LOVE with this polish!

This is Korres new nail polish. Midnight Blue (88) Only one coat!

Nail+Swatchs+2012+002.jpg

Nail+Swatchs+2012+007.jpg

Nail+Swatchs+2012+003.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I am considering giving up painting my nails after today.

I've painted them...ooooh about six times and each time something always goes wrong, smudge, bubbles, etc. I painted them there now and they are streaky, bubbled and smudged. Grrr.

Not a good nail-painting day for me, at all. :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I've started wearing nail varnish every day to work. I normally only ever wear it for weddings.

Not too much work - just about getting a week out of an application (cheap stuff like rimmel).

And it is making me feel great in work!!!! I would never have imagined how much I am "enjoying" having nice coloured nails in work!!!!

I'd recommend it for cheering yourself up during the winter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

My nails tend be a shameless hussy red if I paint them a colour or else they're just French polished. I'm not very adventurous but I hate my nails being naked

Advertisement