Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭Steve X2

keithgeo wrote: »
    No never heard that! interesting.. ill have to see what i can find out!

Definitely do, I've got my brother on the case as well down there.

Steve SI wrote: »

Used to be a guy I dealt with indirectly in edenderry too, (used to do mostly jukeboxes/poker machines) he had a lot of arcade stuff also but his website is gone down & his phone switched off, guess his gone out of business :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Steve SI wrote: »

Ive got a name now on this and the location where it used to be. :D need to do a bit more digging, aka fiancee asking more questions down at the school!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well keep digging, if we could get a group of us to maybe do a sizeable purchase we could all walk away with a nice deal.

24021050.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Don't all run at once but this guys Megadrive bundle has Shaq Fu in it!
    Shaq Fu? More like Shat Poo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

EnterNow wrote: »

Ugh Theme Park, reason enough to run away screaming...

Ugh Theme Park, reason enough to run away screaming...

I actually like Theme Park :o

I actually like Theme Park :o

The Jag version sinks to new levels of drudgery, I'd actually prefer to listen to Retro discuss the merits of CDi rather than play it again :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

The Jag version sinks to new levels of drudgery, I'd actually prefer to listen to Retro discuss the merits of CDi rather than play it again :)

Ouch! What did the poor Jaguar ever do to you to deserve such a comparison? :pac:

• Advertisement

Admittedly I've never played the Jag version, only the PS1 one. Though he did say he's open to offers, I reckon you'd get it for €60 which would be a cheap enough Jag :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I played the 3DO version first, and very good it was too.
    I can only imagine the horrors heaped upon us by the Jag version.
    I know Alphaeagle was trying to convince me of the Jags merits but, outside of Tempest 2000, they are hard to come by,
    Just don't ever expect me to play AvP on it again, what a load of muck!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I know Alphaeagle was trying to convince me of the Jags merits but, outside of Tempest 2000, they are hard to come by,

Raiden on the Jag is actually pretty decent, the controller does kill your hands after a while but the game play is solid enough.

It's a damn shame someone doesn't put the Jag on a FGPA and fix the crippling CPU bugs just to see what it could have been like.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

All I have ever side is that I like the Jaguar...and I wear that badge with honour for I stand up for the little console and do not run with the crowd.

I also read/heared that the first load of jag games where infact panther games ported over to the jag and that is why they look so bad, when the likes of battlemorph not cybermorph where more like the games the jag could handle......
    Now about AVP it is still a good game ( yes it has its faults ), but I still enjoy it.

I have to side with alphaeagle here, although I've a shocking lack of Jag carts at the mo...I actually like it. There's certainly far worse 'consoles' out there....yeah, I'm looking at you Retr0

A quote from Ultimateconsoledatabase:

"As for games, rumors are Panther-pong, Cybermorph, Raiden, and Cresent Galaxy were ported to the Jag from the Panther, although chances are there were more than a few other Panther projects that ended up as Jaguar games.
    The sad and confusing (and ugly) Jaguar controllers were originally desgined for this system."

http://ultimateconsoledatabase.com/unreleased/atari_panther.htm

Next to the CDi the Jag looks like the MD.
    True story!

Now you to can be part of the CDi crowd.....:p

http://www.adverts.ie/2166274

And its one of the prettier CDi models. Don't everyone all rush at once now...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,899 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That's the one I have. It's a bare bones model made to compete with the PS1 and Saturn (we know how that went). Only has component out, no RGB. It's not a bad price at all. Hotel Mario and Lemmings are two of the better games for it and it comes with a Gamepad which are very hard to find and can be expensive.

rklok has a Mini Cute for sale. Probably be gone asap.

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=43137

Cute%20(1).jpg

Pricey though, no?

Aye for sure, they're usually in that neighbourhood though. I guess it only applies to the Casey120's and Steve_SI's of this world. :p

Although Casey already has one iirc.

Might as well make it 5 CDi's :D:o:(:mad:
    Andrew76 wrote: »
    Aye for sure, they're usually in that neighbourhood though. I guess it only applies to the Casey120's and Steve_SI's of this world. :p

Although Casey already has one iirc.

I'd like one but holding off on getting more cabs until I have the shop up and running in town and then I'll be buying lots of candies and nice things with the excuse that its "for the business" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭antor

Though he did say he's open to offers, I reckon you'd get it for €60 which would be a cheap enough Jag :)
    I reckon you would be right ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,569 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I really want that Cute. Really REALLY want that Cute. It's the first one I've seen for sale ever since I've had the room for one.

But jeez, parting with almost 2k after postage? Dont think I can bring myself to do it. It's one of those things where every time I'd look at it, I'd wince a little and think 'argh! 2K!' :pac:

o1s1n wrote: »
    I really want that Cute. Really REALLY want that Cute. It's the first one I've seen for sale ever since I've had the room for one.

But jeez, parting with almost 2k after postage? Dont think I can bring myself to do it. It's one of those things where every time I'd look at it, I'd wince a little and think 'argh! 2K!' :pac:

It's only going to increase in value. If you ever need the funds you could just sell it to me.
    So buy it now, then in a year I'll buy it from you, so deal and stuff, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,569 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Sounds like the Irish housing market. :D

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    Sounds like the Irish housing market. :D
    Yeah, and sure that's going great the last few years, so its a good plan :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement