Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Steve X2

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Any benefits over a regular one?

Nice collectors item and handy if you ever decide to make a new 3DO game in the future. No real benefit for playing games or anything as the 3DO is region free anyway and will play originals and backups from anywhere (except 2 or 3 Jap games).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Steve SI wrote: »
    Nice collectors item and handy if you ever decide to make a new 3DO game in the future. No real benefit for playing games or anything as the 3DO is region free anyway and will play originals and backups from anywhere (except 2 or 3 Jap games).

Plumbers Don't Wear Bowties.

Plumbers Don't Wear Bowties.

The game is so bad its nearly good, nearly.
    I played it a bit and jasus it's pretty crazy bad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You can play the game on youtube.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Frakking ebay!
    Nearly had a Turbo Express for less than a ton!
    Bloody auction wouldn't let me bid, I was outside the postal area!
    Contacted the seller, they gave me a reasonable shipping and didn't change the address block thingy.
    Time to bid and no joy, the highest bid was the opening bid of £70!
    Arse!
    It had no sound from the speakers but it's an easy fix.
    Or would have been an easy fix :(

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Frakking ebay!
    Nearly had a Turbo Express for less than a ton!
    Bloody auction wouldn't let me bid, I was outside the postal area!
    Contacted the seller, they gave me a reasonable shipping and didn't change the address block thingy.
    Time to bid and no joy, the highest bid was the opening bid of £70!
    Arse!
    It had no sound from the speakers but it's an easy fix.
    Or would have been an easy fix :(

That sucks, the sound and screen fix is dead easy on them and you can even screen mod them like the Nomad (same screen in fact).

Better luck next time. The Turbo Everdrive works great on them as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I know, I'm really annoyed tbh.
    Looking around the interweb suggests the price is a good 50 to 60 euro below the normal.
    Now, there was one other bidder so it may have ended in a bit of a sniping war, but I am annoyed.
    I was hoping to find a way around the region thing but hadn't time.
    Plus, the loss of the Ponds at the weekend has left me feeling vulnerable...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I know, I'm really annoyed tbh.
    Looking around the interweb suggests the price is a good 50 to 60 euro below the normal.
    Now, there was one other bidder so it may have ended in a bit of a sniping war, but I am annoyed.
    I was hoping to find a way around the region thing but hadn't time.
    Plus, the loss of the Ponds at the weekend has left me feeling vulnerable...

I think Parcel Motel might have helped you there if you had the time ofc, might be worth signing up to it since registration is free and you get two free deliveries. I'm just waiting for something UK only that I want before using it. Everyone says it's great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for something UK only that I want before using it.

Its not just UK only though, lots of sellers will ship to Ireland but with ridiculous postage quotes compared to the UK shipping costs.

It's a total pain in the ass, I'm looking to purchase a pcb at the moment for €5 but the cheapest shipping quote I can get is €20 !!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Its not just UK only though, lots of sellers will ship to Ireland but with ridiculous postage quotes compared to the UK shipping costs.

It's a total pain in the ass, I'm looking to purchase a pcb at the moment for €5 but the cheapest shipping quote I can get is €20 !!

Aye sorry, you're dead right. It helps with getting cheaper postage too. That a game pcb or just a component for something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Just registered there with Parcel Motel. Seems like a complete no brainer, & two free deliveries too :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Component prototyping board, trying to RGB my 3DO :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

EnterNow wrote: »
    Just registered there with Parcel Motel. Seems like a complete no brainer, & two free deliveries too :cool:

Get 3rd free one here, i did it the other day.

http://www.online-shopping-ireland.com/special-offer-parcel-motel/

keithgeo wrote: »
    Get 3rd free one here, i did it the other day.

http://www.online-shopping-ireland.com/special-offer-parcel-motel/

Cool, cheers!

pretty cool, id say its a rear projection screen in it, probably a nightmare to replace if it went.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,632 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Hah, that's mental looking!!!

Regarding rear projection, I'd be getting one of these along with a big assed LCD and an SLG3000

http://www.arcadespareparts.com/arcade_parts/video_converter/rgb_jamma_vga_converter_board/13052.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

OMG that is flocking awesome!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Great service and works really well. Ordered a game from amazon a week or two ago for get free uk postage and no hassle at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

great if you have a spare grand, and lots of space

http://www.adverts.ie/games/arcade-game-for-sale/2150596

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Great service and works really well. Ordered a game from amazon a week or two ago for get free uk postage and no hassle at all.

Ah! I never even thought of using outside of eBay stuff, be handy for books l.

Do they operate outside dublin yet?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Ah! I never even thought of using outside of eBay stuff, be handy for books l.

Do they operate outside dublin yet?

I think there's plans to open some this month. Thread on it over here!

It'll probably upset some folk to see the prices on Famicoms in Super Potato compared to over here.
    And these are the prices after they went up over the last couple of months.

64466910151096073811094.jpg

If something is 3444 Yen then its about 34 euro, 8000 yen is about 80 euro etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

If something is 3444 Yen then its about 34 euro, 8000 yen is about 80 euro etc.

+_2acc5a8841f8752904d37f90a8014829.png?1322693145

+_2acc5a8841f8752904d37f90a8014829.png?1322693145

I do say.

Extreme wantage :( I have a serious weakness for dedicated cabs

that's a sweet cab, you would need a room for it though!

I was talking to a lad who works for namco a few weeks back, mentioned i have a few cabs and would love a time crisis upright, he said he MIGHT be able to sort me out with one through their arcade division! he said a new one i think, id had a few drinks so could be wrong there.. id have to pay obviously but still.. ill be inquiring further after the wedding! not expecting him to do anything but we will see! Nice guy.

keithgeo wrote: »
    that's a sweet cab, you would need a room for it though!

I was talking to a lad who works for namco a few weeks back, mentioned i have a few cabs and would love a time crisis upright, he said he MIGHT be able to sort me out with one through their arcade division! he said a new one i think, id had a few drinks so could be wrong there.. id have to pay obviously but still.. ill be inquiring further after the wedding! not expecting him to do anything but we will see! Nice guy.

Apparently there is a large stash of Arcade Machines somewhere around the Athy area. Someone down there used to work or own an arcade in the 90's or 00's and didn't sell on the gear after he closed or went out of business.

You ever hear anything about that as I think you are around that area?

• Advertisement

Apparently there is a large stash of Arcade Machines somewhere around the Athy area. Someone down there used to work or own an arcade in the 90's or 00's and didn't sell on the gear after he closed or went out of business.

You ever hear anything about that as I think you are around that area?

No never heard that! interesting.. ill have to see what i can find out!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement