Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

JayEnnis wrote: »
    If you can put them in contact with me that would be great. I also heard last year that there is a darkroom somewhere on south campus. I used to pass one on my way to labs in the callan building but as far as I'm aware it isn't for general use.

Edit: Can you give me some info on this film club? I still shoot 35mm and used to shoot 120 until my yashica was stolen in october :(

Yeah I heard that too, but no idea if people can use it or not.
    Well we're just starting out, so there'll be a lot of messing around before things get serious. One of the lads is building his own B&W dark room though. So that could be cool. I'll keep you posted though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

If you're interested in starting a society, do it. It's free. Email the VP CSUD, and she'll give you more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

DB21 wrote: »
    If you're interested in starting a society, do it. It's free. Email the VP CSUD, and she'll give you more info.

They also give you free money via capitation :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Only if your soc survives the 1st year, isn't it? Or if you get a certain number of members. Can't remember.

Either way, I think you should go for it. Photo soc would do great in NUIM.

Only if your soc survives the 1st year, isn't it? Or if you get a certain number of members. Can't remember.

Either way, I think you should go for it. Photo soc would do great in NUIM.

It's if it gets enough members afaik(but you need 10 members anyway to make one), since the capitation is supposed to fund the club/soc it wouldn't make sense for it to be forgone for the first year esp since then I guess technically you could say the capitation isn't necessary at all since they were able to survive a year without it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

banquo wrote: »
    Congrats to both!

Makes it sound like they just had a baby...

If it's soft thesis binding you're looking for, the post office in John Hume does it. Hard thesis binding, you'll have to go elsewhere.

Aand, I'm nearly convinced you don't get capitation the first year of a soc (we didn't when we started LawSoc), but mail Lorna (vpcsud@nuimsu.com) to find out for sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Seren_ wrote: »
    I don't think it's open during the summer. Inkjet World (opposite Manor Mills) do thesis binding though.

And thanks :)
    They also sold my tshirt designs too at xmas... *whistles nonchalantly :P (clarified for darren ;)...one grammar error and he rips me a new one :P )
    Comic book Soc :P *gets my vote ;)

jpcarlow wrote: »
    They also sell my tshirt designs too... *whistles nonchalantly :P

1. You should ban yourself for advertising :p (please don't ban me for backseat modding :pac: )

2. That's actually a pretty good idea. Though I'd imagine Omega does that sort of stuff.

1. You should ban yourself for advertising :p (please don't ban me for backseat modding :pac: )

2. That's actually a pretty good idea. Though I'd imagine Omega does that sort of stuff.
    ha wasnt saying anyone should buy it, seeing as they only sold my xmas stuff so who wants a reindeer tshirt now??? :P :P :P Silly darren jumpin to conclusions.

they do a comic sale at their big gamer event i do believe, but a general comic society where they can be discussed, reviewed, appreciated, watch comic films and all that jazz could happen would get my backing

Oh and Happy Esther Day everyone, dftba :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I'd second that.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I am always forgetting my boards password!!!!!!!

Anyways, is anyone here doing the MSc in Climate Change?? I know no-one on my course!!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

How so Joe wrote: »
    Makes it sound like they just had a baby...
    :eek:
    Aand, I'm nearly convinced you don't get capitation the first year of a soc (we didn't when we started LawSoc), but mail Lorna (vpcsud@nuimsu.com) to find out for sure!

Each new society got 200 euro capitation last year. Good idea to email Lorna though to get more info on setting up a new society though. There's a little bit of paperwork that needs to be sorted, and this is probably the best time to get it done so you can have a stand at Fairs Day.
    I don't think Omega are that active though? A friend of mine (who's obsessed with anime and the likes) always complained about how they never did anything. And I don't remember them sending any reps to clubs & socs council last year. So a new comic book soc might do well!

The post office are open every day mon-fri 9-5 but theyre fairly busy atm printing exam papers , at least they were last week not sure if it's still going on

I really don't know what I'm going to watch when the Olympics are over. Loving it!

I don't think Omega are that active though? A friend of mine (who's obsessed with anime and the likes) always complained about how they never did anything. And I don't remember them sending any reps to clubs & socs council last year. So a new comic book soc might do well!
    PEOPLE, MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

PEOPLE, MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!
    Omega is very active. They run viewings every Monday and cinema trips, they're still doing them during the summer and all.
    As well as that, they run epic con in February!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

I really don't know what I'm going to watch when the Olympics are over. Loving it!

Haven't watched anything meself apart from the womens volley ball .

*me gusta face*

Omega is very active. They run viewings every Monday and cinema trips, they're still doing them during the summer and all.
    As well as that, they run epic con in February!
    Oh right! I was just going by what she said and what I'd heard myself... Must have got a bit better in the last while.

Oh right! I was just going by what she said and what I'd heard myself... Must have got a bit better in the last while.
    tbf what you heard from your friend is what i've heard from a lot of people.

Though a comic centric society still gets my backing ;)

I'd be up for getting a comic society going if I get through the repeats. If it does get going, we should name the committee positions after characters :pac:

• Advertisement

I'd be up for getting a comic society going if I get through the repeats. If it does get going, we should name the committee positions after characters :pac:
    That is cool :D

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Thinking of writing up a decorum piece and posting it to the reading room door. Seriously, bit of respect wouldn't go a miss some times.
    *grumpy*

That would be quite useful I think! Some people don't know how to be quiet in there >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

That would be quite useful I think! Some people don't know how to be quiet in there >.<

Not even don't know how, some just dn't care. And maybe put something on te door to stop it banging...
    I turn so bitter when I have to study :rolleyes:

Rarrrrr, sore throat >.<

Not even don't know how, some just dn't care. And maybe put something on te door to stop it banging...
    I turn so bitter when I have to study :rolleyes:
    You can borrow my Mjolnir replica if you want to get a bit more vigilante on their asses :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

You can borrow my Mjolnir replica if you want to get a bit more vigilante on their asses :P

I wouldn't mind borrowing that upon my return to the reading room. I'm a mean lean fighting machine, as all the b****** are going to find out :P

girlonfire wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind borrowing that upon my return to the reading room. I'm a mean lean fighting machine, as all the b****** are going to find out :P
    it's made of the same stuff they make nerf equipment with so that allows for repeat offenders to get repeat smithings :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

Mwahahahahaha. I like this very much:D

• Advertisement

They should give them to the invigilators and/or the RAs :pac:

Yay!!! 1,100th post :D

Advertisement