Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Could be he caught her trying to escape in his summer outfit? (Still have nightmares over his other photo in a white dress)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

Rubecula wrote: »
    Well if it isn't the Heimlich Manouvre it is a very thorough way of taking a pulse.

*Rubes can be very naive in his sweet young innocent way*
    i always believed the hine lick manouvre was about kissing bottoms,no wonder that woman got so upset when i went to help her, as she was choking,mind you it worked..she spit out that bone,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Spread wrote: »
    jhc (notice the lower case) got up and was all ready for the match .......... nothing on the box ......... tried to get a stream from wiziwig - nothing :confused:. Went to BBC Football only to find that matches are tomorrow. So please folks .......... (just in case ye are afraid of non believing Mod) a Novena to Dionysus ......... and if results go right will buy anyone who claims to have participated a few snifters at a salubrious watering hole in Dublin/Kerry/London in late Autumn.:cool:

Didn't know there was separation of church and boards :D

As promised ......... drinkey-poos for any O&Os that partook in Special Novena for QPRs trapdoor escape. Time 8pm ....... Date Nov 16 ....... Venue Dublin (TBA) or in the Argana, Agadir during the following week. PMs if interested. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Sorry Spread but thanks for the invite, I don't partake so someone else will have to be forced to have one for me! ;)

P.S. QPR obviously did what they did without any intervention from me.

Really quiet here and have been moseying around Boards and discovered the 'Forum Requests' which I haven't heard of. Amazing interesting and weird requests are being suggested. Suppose you are all watching the 'Limpics. I watched the cycling and saw a sight I never dreamed I'd ever see.....20-30 male cyclists doing what comes naturally into the hedge while still on their bikes. My eyes almost popped out of their sockets!!:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,059 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Ah now Jellybaby, you have led a very sheltered life! (erm, hint, hint, see my sig :D)

Did you see the opening ceremony by the way? I thought it was great craic. The torch was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I thought the queen jumping out of the helicopter was a bit tacky and Paul MCCarthy was embarrising. Everything else was awesome. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Really quiet here and have been moseying around Boards and discovered the 'Forum Requests' which I haven't heard of. Amazing interesting and weird requests are being suggested. Suppose you are all watching the 'Limpics. I watched the cycling and saw a sight I never dreamed I'd ever see.....20-30 male cyclists doing what comes naturally into the hedge while still on their bikes. My eyes almost popped out of their sockets!!:o

I s'pose you've never checked out the prison forum either :D
    OldGoat wrote: »
    I thought the queen jumping out of the helicopter was a bit tacky and Paul MCCarthy was embarrising. Everything else was awesome. :)

The queen jumped out of a helicopter?? Seriously????
    I've zero interest in the Limpics but himself loves it.
    Trying to get the house painting finished before September so we're busy busy.

Chucken wrote: »
    The queen jumped out of a helicopter?? Seriously????
    I've zero interest in the Limpics but himself loves it.
    Trying to get the house painting finished before September so we're busy busy.

Totally! Well it looked like her. Well she was there with the corgis at the start so it must have been her.

I loved the opening ceremony - agree with OG that Macca should have had more sense and stayed at home but otherwise it was great, some amazing effects. Not much interest otherwise, I like things like synchronised diving and gymnastics and might watch bits of them. Hubby keeps emerging to ask in amazement why I am not watching.

I know I am very innocent. I didn't realise the race would be so long that they would need to make those necessary stops, but it was funny it all happened at the same time for a lot of the cyclists. Wonder if there was something in the water they drank? There were a lot of spectators around too. First thing I thought of was 'why didn't they go before', sounding more like my mammy every day. But there's nuttin' wrong with that, she was a very sensible woman!

I didn't watch the opening ceremony as it was going to be too long but I do watch some of the events with himself. Yes, himself also wonders why I'm not as interested as he is. I find the finishes too tense. The ladies single scull was not as boring as I thought it would be. 'We' might have a chance there. ;) All we need are a few Kenyans and Ethiopians for the athletics and we're laughing! :D

• Advertisement

I used to love the Olympics when I was a bit younger. These days I just look at it in passing. If something does take my fancy I may watch it, but usually nothing does. I did like the opening ceremony, the effects were pretty amazing, although I can understand why folks from other parts of the world didn't 'get it'.

Now, if Hurling or Rugby were Olympic events ....... :)

I used to love the Olympics when I was a bit younger. These days I just look at it in passing. If something does take my fancy I may watch it, but usually nothing does. I did like the opening ceremony, the effects were pretty amazing, although I can understand why folks from other parts of the world didn't 'get it'.

Ah Rube, I might have got it if I watched it :pac:

His Lordship said the music was brilliant.

I expect they asked people in other countries 'what do you think of when you think of Great Britain' and they put all their answers into the opening ceremony, James Bond, the Queen, London buses, Paul McCartney etc. I'll have to catch up with the torch bit on Youtube. Nice change having youngsters to light the flame, no-one can complain they they should have used so-and-so instead of so-and-so. Saw William and Harry at the gymnastics today, those gymnasts are amazing.

By the way, doesn't Becks have a lovely smile?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W59qEsDuQxs Don't you agree guys? :p As he gets older he looks a bit like early Clint Eastwood. :D Drivin' ya nuts now, aren't I?

Its a wonder hes allowed to smile with the constant puss on the wife :D

That's her fashion diva look!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

i believe both the american and australian media say it was ,brilliant british and bonkers

By the way, doesn't Becks have a lovely smile?: Don't you agree guys? :p
    :D Drivin' ya nuts now, aren't I?

NO NO and YES :pac:

Tsk, tsk, jealousy does not become you Rube! :D

Jealous? Me?

Sure he is a multi millionaire, has married a pretty lady with her own money, is world famous and is loved by millions. But where did it all go wrong?

:o

Jealous? Me?

Sure he is a multi millionaire, has married a pretty lady with her own money, is world famous and is loved by millions. But where did it all go wrong?

:o

I know what you mean. What a waste! Sad, innit? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Cooeee. No-one home? Where is everyone - all gone to Waterford for the Spraoi festival hopefully. Or having a party and they didn't invite me. :( Ah well, enjoy the quiet while I can!

*peeps in for a quick hello*

Sorry about not being around quite so much. Work is the bane of the surfing classes.

I yam here all on me tod!

I yam here all on me tod!

Now then, don't get sorry for yourself, Rube only posted a minute before and there are about 5 of us with out lights on!

Edit, ok then, there is just you, Rube and me, I counted all our lights multiple times...

We could of course have a gossip about the others in their absence, they'll never know

looksee wrote: »
    I counted all our lights multiple times..

looksee, have you been at the drinkies then?

Well, yes, now you mention it. But its nothing to do with that, honestly.

I don't know any gossip anyways. I think everyone is either watching the 'Limpics or they are on holidays. I watched that cycling going around and around and around, the guys with the bullet shaped helmets. It made me dizzy so I stopped watching it. Also watched the ladies judo, now that was definitely not my cup of tea, some sports just don't have any reason to exist, like the triple jump (that's the hop, skip and jump to O&O's), now that's just plain silly! Imagine travelling all across the world just to hop. Skip. And jump!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Drinkies? No, Brainzzzzzz! Doing the Zombie walk tomorrow. :cool:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

I beg your pardon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Alice1

Ali's here:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement