Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 shot dead at Batman showing in Denver

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

4:50: mkyweriga: Mall is cleared, floor cleaner released from police custody.

although there was earlier reports of someone else running off

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

danniemcq wrote: »
    4:50: mkyweriga: Mall is cleared, floor cleaner released from police custody.

although there was earlier reports of someone else running off

I'd say the confusion after was manic and probably a lot of people were running away.

Be interesting to know the details of his capture, he must have surrendered. Armed killers would be shot on sight surely.

Basq wrote: »
    Or the ol' tired "blame it on video games"..

yeah one of my mates just blamed video games and drugs.

I asked why i hadn't done anything like this and he says its because i don't have access to guns.

When i told him i had a shotgun, knew how to make napalm and thermite and various other "things" he said to me awww we should do that then.

that was scary.

People will always blame things that aren't themselves. and videogames, music drugs are always and easy target.

Very sad. How many more spree shootings does America need before they change their gun laws?

Clearly guns are not the only problem, there is a wider societal problem that is creating these disturbed spree-killers. And that needs to be tackled also.

But certainly the availability of guns makes the problem much worse. A hunter or varmint shooter doesnt need semi-auto weapons with 30 round magazines.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Bane was created (yes, created) as an attack against Mitt Romey according to Rush Limbaugh.

So yeah, clearly Batman or whoever the fúck the idiot newsreporters think is responsible will be blamed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

President Obama just released a statement.

I'd say the confusion after was manic and probably a lot of people were running away.

Be interesting to know the details of his capture, he must have surrendered. Armed killers would be shot on sight surely.

fingers crossed.

yeah its usually a shoot on sight unless there was a fear that there was another and they needed information from him (bomb in building) and now it turns out he claims his apartment is rigged so seems to have worked out for the cops thankfully.

Heck perhaps with the weapons the cops had (small mp5's possibly as there was a chance of civilians nearby) they would not have gone through his body armor and possibly wounded him enough to put him down.

It might explain why he mentioned the apartment as if he was in a crazy amount of pain he coulda been rambling or more easily "persuaded" to admit things

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The youngest victim is a 3 month old! :(

Denver post just reported that the youngest victim one of the hospitals has is three months old.....

To be fair.. and I'm sympathetic.. but who would bring a 3 month old to a cinema showing at midnight? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

To be fair.. and I'm sympathetic.. but who would bring a 3 month old to a cinema showing at midnight? :confused:
    Someone who really wanted to see the movie?

The child is probably still breastfeeding. Mother wanted to see the movie, had to bring the child.

Doesn't seem unreasonable to me tbh. Heartbreaking for her though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

I was just thinking that!

:confused: I know sounds completely weird, just why.

Here is the Denver Post tweet
    youngest patient at UHosp is 3 months yes months 20 victims there 9 critical, all gunshot wounds #theatershooting

University Hospital just confirmed that they have a 3 month old patient, so it's true:(

New video footage:
    http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_21116980/raw-video-theatergoers-flee-scene-aurora-shooting

seamus wrote: »
    Someone who really wanted to see the movie?

The child is probably still breastfeeding. Mother wanted to see the movie, had to bring the child.

Doesn't seem unreasonable to me tbh. Heartbreaking for her though.
    Ummm no - she didn't!

Seriously... that doesn't seem unreasonable to you! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

This didnt happen in Supermans heyday. Hell no

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Such a sad story - what is the human race becoming at all?

See the posts condoning slow torture and/or death for the perps. That should give you a clear idea.

Bomb squad finished with the car but are checking on 2 backpacks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Now they are treating victims for chemical attacks.

What the ****

Just listening to the scanner over there, they are examining two back packs,

'keep people away until they are finished with the back packs.'

Bloody hell, its going to be a long night for them.

Waiting for DECON as well to decontaminate police cars.

• Advertisement

old hippy wrote: »
    See the posts condoning slow torture and/or death for the perps. That should give you a clear idea.

There is a diffence.

People that were murdered today commited no crime or did not do anything to bring this on themselves.

The scum to walked the aisles shooting people at random not caring if they were man woman or child have given up any claims they had for human rights. They passed on that when they stopped being huiman.

kfallon wrote: »
    Again, your solution to the problem?

Tighten up gun control. Life sentence meaning life with no chance of parole in these situations. And tackle root problems of social ostracisation and bullying which often (though not necessarily in this case) lead to people being so remote from reality that they carry out such atrocities.

Slavering over retribution and more bloodletting and satisfying knee jerk, populist urges is counter productive and brings you down closer to the level of the perp or perps.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ummm no - she didn't!

Seriously... that doesn't seem unreasonable to you! :confused:
    If she's breastfeeding, she needs to bring the child so it can be fed. I don't really see the issue with bringing a 3 month old to a cinema (assuming it doesn't make noise). It's not like the child is aware of what's going on.

Breastfeeding mothers usually have some formula for the child in an emergency, i.e. "I'm not going to make it home for five hours and the baby needs to be fed". This wouldn't be an emergency. What's unreasonable about bringing a baby to the cinema?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Brendog wrote: »

What the ****
    Tear gas.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

danniemcq wrote: »
    There is a diffence.

People that were murdered today commited no crime or did not do anything to bring this on themselves.

The scum to walked the aisles shooting people at random not caring if they were man woman or child have given up any claims they had for human rights. They passed on that when they stopped being huiman.

And by fantasising about brutal retribution in order to satisfy some collective bloodlust is a right as well, is it? A perfectly acceptable human solution?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

If she's breastfeeding, she needs to bring the child so it can be fed. I don't really see the issue with bringing a 3 month old to a cinema (assuming it doesn't make noise). It's not like the child is aware of what's going on.

Breastfeeding mothers usually have some formula for the child in an emergency, i.e. "I'm not going to make it home for five hours and the baby needs to be fed". This wouldn't be an emergency. What's unreasonable about bringing a baby to the cinema?

Would the volume of the movie not be a bit high for a baby? I don't really know, but if i sometimes find it uncomfy would they not

I don't really see the issue with bringing a 3 month old to a cinema (assuming it doesn't make noise). It's not like the child is aware of what's going on.
    The opening night with an excited crowd and explosion-filled blockbuster...

.. if her priorities are with going to see a movie at midnight on opening night and not her child's well-being .. I can't help but feel a little sad about that!

wow watching this now on sky news live wtf happened ? some guy killed people at the new batman movie

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

bluewolf wrote: »
    Would the volume of the movie not be a bit high for a baby? I don't really know, but if i sometimes find it uncomfy would they not

Baby ear muffs maybe. You'd see them a lot at concerts and festivals.

• Advertisement

Brendog wrote: »

What the ****

chemical attacks could be the tear gas

Advertisement