Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swedish house mafia stabbings (Updated Mod Warning Post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

mikom wrote: »
    Hollywood Blvd........

You S--- C--- on Hollywood Blvd?

Jaysus that's very rude altogether.

You should be ashamed of yourself poster who posted it and then was ashamed of themselves and then deleted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

http://www.herald.ie/news/courts/roadrage-driver-smashed-barrier-2403675.html

Is this the guy? Sounds like he had issues before this concert

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

Higher wrote: »
    The guards are simply not respected in this country.

Give me one police force in the world that would tolerate one of their biggest police stations being pissed on EVERY NIGHT. (im referring to Harcout garda station)

There were thousands of people publicly drinking yesterday in Phoenix Park. Why weren't they challenged by Garda?

How is it possible that a lad can go on a 5 hour stabbing frenzy?

Harcourt st is not an actual garda station, its just a garda administrative building.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Sala wrote: »
    I presume they only search peoples bags? Is there any process in place to identify people who have weapons tucked into a sock, such as metal detectors? Seems a bit extreme but after this it may be neccessary

The people carrying out the searching don't look physically capable of taking weapons off people, they are not bouncers. Is "knife confiscation" in their job description?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

giggle84 wrote: »
    I absolutely agree that it's tragic. Trying it for the first time isn't an excuse or a rationalisation.. that's like saying "I dunno how I got pregnant, I only had unprotected sex once". If it comes out that the people who died were spiked I will personally send condolence cards to their families, because that would be as devastating as any accident or fatal attack. But there is a vast difference between someone being spiked and someone choosing to take drugs.
    It affects the people who get stabbed!

But you're right it is generally a bit different. Not everyone who takes drugs stabs people and not everyone who drinks drives drunk. But I don't feel sorry for the drunk who wraps his car around a tree and I don't feel sorry for the concert reveller who takes a drug that he doesn't have any idea what's actually in it, and then dies.
    Don't you mean condolences to those who were stabbed? The people who died killed themselves with drugs. I don't know anything about these people, might have been the nicest people ever, but if you take drugs you know the risks and if you die, well it wasn't worth the risk then was it. I feel sorry for their families at the senseless loss they must feel, but if you risk your life by swallowing/snorting/injecting something that's probably laced with rat poison, cement and god knows what else, well then you don't deserve any sympathy.

Probably the saddest and most pathetic collection of posts on the thread. The bodies are barely cold and you basically saying "fúck them, they made their choice".
    Because drugs are illegal they deserved it and they shouldn't get any sympathy. :rolleyes:
    What about the person who crosses the road and doesn't look and gets knocked down? They deserve it, they know the dangers of doing it and they choose to do it. Suppose the fisherman that drowned deserves it too, he knows it's dangerous to go out in a boat when it's a but choppy, so feck him, it's his own doing. If you smoke and have a smoking related illness you'll get no sympathy from giggle84 because you know the dangers. If you have 2 years to live with lung cancer just stop moaning cos you deserve no sympathy. Housefire? What were you doing smoking in the bedroom/not putting the sparkguard up/leaving the chip pan unattended, you know the dangers. Deserved it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭giggle84

I presume they only search peoples bags? Is there any process in place to identify people who have weapons tucked into a sock, such as metal detectors? Seems a bit extreme but after this it may be neccessary

Everyone in my queue and the queues beside me had bags searched and were patted down their sides and waists, and wellies were patted down too. I had a raincoat in my hand and that was also searched. It was hot so people weren't wearing loads of layers or anything. I've been to loads of concerts and I've never been patted down before, it's usually just bag searches.

I am pie wrote: »
    How do they get home? If they are nearly blacked out then how are they in control of any of their actions? Hopefully none of them are girls !!! What happens if they fell in a river / canal ? What happens if they stumble out in front of a car?...or fall down some steps? If they black out, do you think it's OK that the health services have to provide assistance or an ambulance to deal with their pathetic behaviour ? Is it ok that some poor fcker working in a bar / club has to clean up after them ?

99 times out of a 100 it's grand, them someone ends up in hospital or worse.

Sounds like your mates have a lot of growing up to do.

It was quite a few years ago so most of the growing up is done. We'd all keep an eye on each other and your 99 out of 100 is probably a bit on the low side. No-one ever needed medical attention, one guy was taken to hospital and out a half hour later because others were way over-concerned. Like how low would the risk have to be for it to be more or less acceptable or at least not as the apparent bane of society?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

http://www.herald.ie/news/courts/roadrage-driver-smashed-barrier-2403675.html

Is this the guy? Sounds like he had issues before this concert

Back issues of "what knife?" magazine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

It was quite a few years ago so most of the growing up is done. We'd all keep an eye on each other and your 99 out of 100 is probably a bit on the low side. No-one ever needed medical attention, one guy was taken to hospital and out a half hour later because others were way over-concerned. Like how low would the risk have to be for it to be more or less acceptable or at least not as the apparent bane of society?

Are you seriously telling me you don't think there are any serious health risks to drinking until you nearly black out? Really?

You're a danger to yourself and others, and would deserve to be dumped in a drunk tank to sober up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I'd be very worried that a field A&E wasn't in place, should be mandatory and might well have saved some lives at the weekend.

Sorry, I should've been more specific. I would have a 'field' A&E set up in every town which already has a hospital, maybe even on the same site. The thing could literally be operated from an actual tent as far as I'm concerned, with the main point of it to direct the drunken/drugged/abusive patients and their cohort away from the main A&E department.

This could even be run on a Fri, Sat and Sun night to deal with the main influx. I firmly believe that a drunken/drugged injury should carry a higher cost. This could fund the cost of the running of such an operation.

*Yes, I'm aware that this is fairytale stuff.
    Motorist wrote: »
    I would rather go to a proper a and e with access to qualified doctors and all necessary medical diagnostic and treatment equipment, esp considering both were 10 minute drives from the venue.

If you were drunk, you wouldn't have the choice (in this fairytale scenario).
    A drunk tank theoretically is a great idea, but in practice could inflame a situation. Imagine trying to cart off some of those maggots at the weekend to a drunktank, there would have been a mini riot.

Not if operated correctly. The Gardai are well able to arrest people as it is without causing a riot, this would give them a place to put the offender(s) post arrest. I firmly believe that Gardai are currently not arresting as many offenders as they come across as they realise that there is:

a) no space in the garda stations for the drunkards
    b) the paperwork required for an arrest is nearly prohibitive
    c) once arrested, the offender would be released within hours anyway

I've seen people of all ages blatently disregard the gardai and their advice/direction because there is no fear of consequence.

*This need not be fairytale stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

leftleg wrote: »

Jesus! The clown can't even throw a dig. Looks like an ape trying to crack a coconut.

Are you seriously telling me you don't think there are any serious health risks to drinking until you nearly black out? Really?

You're a danger to yourself and others, and would deserve to be dumped in a drunk tank to sober up.

So there I am, sitting in a friend's house, not bothering anyone and it's really important that the Gardai should be informed so they can throw me in a drunk tank and fine me? That makes sense. As for when I'm out and about I'm told I'm a very affable drunk and have never been in a fight save for a random attack on me. So again, why should I be locked up for a night?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

Man also missing, Danny Hall. - fake fb missing page, ignore

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

metal detectors.
    Sure it would be slow as hell but lowers the chance of getting a weapon in.

Random thorough checks like they have in airports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Man also missing, Danny Hall.

Another spectacular success in a long line of spectacular successes !

A girl missing, a guy missing, 9 people stabbed, 3 dead from overdoses and total chaos as far down as the zoo. If only the promoter spent less on lawyers and more on security.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Google tells me that Danny Hall went missing in Thailand in 2008.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Laneyh

God almighty some fallout from one event :(

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

nm wrote: »
    Google tells me that Danny Hall went missing in Thailand in 2008.

:confused:

Turns out its a hoax. This lads goes missing at every major event. :rolleyes:

So there I am, sitting in a friend's house, not bothering anyone and it's really important that the Gardai should be informed so they can throw me in a drunk tank and fine me? That makes sense. As for when I'm out and about I'm told I'm a very affable drunk and have never been in a fight save for a random attack on me. So again, why should I be locked up for a night?

If you wanna drink til you black out in friends house, great. If you wanna be in that state in public then yes, a trip to the drunk tank would be well deserved.

Again, you would be a danger to yourself and others. I really don't understand how you don't get that. It's not really worth making the point for a third time, similarly it's not worth asking you again whether you understand the serious health implications of drinking to these extremes. There is a cost to others in operating a health service which is full to the brim of patients where alcohol abuse is the underlying cause.

You keep drinking to black out, someone has to pay to look after your riddled liver later in life. Hardly seems like a fair deal to me....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

Im not sure what happened there Saturday but i've been hearing reports of looting, raping, and yes, even acts of cannibalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Laneyh wrote: »
    God almighty some fallout from one event :(

This gig is having some seriously widespread collateral damage. Next we'll be updated on the gardai suspecting it was involved with the end of the dinosaurs and JFK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Morlar wrote: »
    Another spectacular success in a long line of spectacular successes !

A girl missing, a guy missing, 9 people stabbed, 3 dead from overdoses and total chaos as far down as the zoo. If only the promoter spent less on lawyers and more on security.

Apparently one of the OD's was an addict in a nearby pub and hadn't attended the concert. Not that it's any less of a shame, someone died.

If you wanna drink til you black out in friends house, great. If you wanna be in that state in public then yes, a trip to the drunk tank would be well deserved.

Again, you would be a danger to yourself and others. I really don't understand how you don't get that. It's not really worth making the point for a third time, similarly it's not worth asking you again whether you understand the serious health implications of drinking to these extremes. There is a cost to others in operating a health service which is full to the brim of patients where alcohol abuse is the underlying cause.

You keep drinking to black out, someone has to pay to look after your riddled liver later in life. Hardly seems like a fair deal to me....
    I don't agree with others paying for others' healthcare as it happens and it won't be my liver that kills me. But again, I've never caused hassle with anyone while blackout drunk and have made some good friends having met them for the first time in that state. I come across as tipsy rather than ****faced even though I remember very little so barring random on-street blood tests I probably wouldn't come to your or the Gardai's attention. Funny how some people handle things differently eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭giggle84

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Probably the saddest and most pathetic collection of posts on the thread. The bodies are barely cold and you basically saying "fúck them, they made their choice".
    Because drugs are illegal they deserved it and they shouldn't get any sympathy. :rolleyes:
    What about the person who crosses the road and doesn't look and gets knocked down? They deserve it, they know the dangers of doing it and they choose to do it. Suppose the fisherman that drowned deserves it too, he knows it's dangerous to go out in a boat when it's a but choppy, so feck him, it's his own doing. If you smoke and have a smoking related illness you'll get no sympathy from giggle84 because you know the dangers. If you have 2 years to live with lung cancer just stop moaning cos you deserve no sympathy. Housefire? What were you doing smoking in the bedroom/not putting the sparkguard up/leaving the chip pan unattended, you know the dangers. Deserved it.

Seriously? Get a life. You can't compare a fisherman drowning or someone dying in a house fire to someone who knowingly puts a dangerous substance into their body and then dies as a direct result of that substance. Where did I say that I had no sympathy for people who die in accidents? I believe I actually said the exact opposite. People walk outside the house every day and don't know what could happen.. they could be killed in a drive by shooting, or walk out in front of a car or choke on a sweet. These are not the same as dying from doing something you know could kill you. It's nothing to do with drugs being illegal, although there's obviously a reason they're illegal. If you have unprotected sex and get pregnant, you can't blame anyone else. If you take a substance that you know might kill you and you die, it's tragic but it's no one else's fault. That was my only point, you made up the other stuff yourself to try to discredit me.

So for the record, in my opinion.. the person who crosses the road and doesn't look and gets knocked down does not deserve it, there's a driver involved too, and such cases do not occur by choice. The fisherman that drowned doing his job is a victim, he was trying to make a living. If you smoke and have a smoking related illness, yeah you know the dangers but cigarettes are LEGAL and addictive, not the same thing. Housefire - by now your argument is getting ridiculous, of course I have sympathy for victims of house fires, there's a bit of a difference between putting on the chip pan for the dinner and popping pills in the Phoenix Park.

Again.. get a life.

1210m5g wrote: »
    Im not sure what happened there Saturday but i've been hearing reports of looting, raping, and yes, even acts of cannibalism.

Without knowing precisely what happened, would you say it's time for us to crack each other's heads open and feast on the goo inside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

1210m5g wrote: »

I fingered a bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭Laminations

Raymond Donnan, 22, from Greenfort Crescent in Clondalkin, Dublin, faces five charges in connection with a stabbing at the Swedish House Mafia concert last Saturday night.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0709/man-charged-with-concert-stabbings-due-in-court.html

Denied bail

What hasn't been reported in the media, yet, is his laundry list of previous criminal convictions.

You can start with this from when he was 20 (which says he had 22 previous convictions then)
    A MOTORIST smashed through a shopping centre car park barrier in a road-rage incident as he chased a driver who had rear-ended him, a court heard.

Another 'troubled youth' :rolleyes: slipped through the fumbling hands of our justice system, who couldn't deal with him appropriately the first time they were presented with him, or the second, or the third.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

leftleg wrote: »
    Look at that fat f*cking clown attacking some guy trying to break up the fight around 30 seconds in. Gets dragged off, covered in sh*t, bleeding from the face, probably senseless drunk anyhow.

I suppose today he's telling everyone he had a great time - 'I got totally locked blah blah...'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement