Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost channels? Look here for transmitter/reception issues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

No problems here in Cork City from CH21 mullaganish and also getting CH 45 from spur hill

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Still no improvement

• Registered Users Posts: 49 RonanAnthony

sligojoek wrote: »
    Still no improvement
    Yeah mines has actually got worse I think. Tv3 is terrible and tg4 is unwatchable and no signal on saorview at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

This from Aertel 169 RTÉNL Technical Information
    Short Term signal outage on 10th July (UHF channel 54 to UHF channel 30)

In order to undertake the necessary works viewers in the greater Dublin area that receive the SAORVIEW service from the Three Rock transmission site will, unfortunately, experience a service outage from 09:00 to 13:00 hrs on the 10th July. When the service restores at 14:00 hrs affected receivers must be re-scanned to receive SAORVIEW service.

This change coincides with the EPG change also planned for this date.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Pat Gleeson

The Cush wrote: »
    This from Aertel 169 RTÉNL Technical Information

... This change coincides with the EPG change also planned for this date. ..
    Anyone know what this may entail ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

They are swapping round 3E and News Now to keep the non-paying parasites happy. :mad:

Thread here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79560715#post79560715

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Antenna

Outages of Saorview and TV3/TG4 analogue planned for the next couple of days from Mt Leinster:

Service Notification:
    RTÉNL - Mt Leinster, Co. Carlow

Due to essential engineering works, our Mt. Leinster transmitter will be off the air from 8am to 2pm on 4th & 5th July & from 12noon to 5pm on 6th July.

This essential work will affect SaorView and UHF analogue TV services.

RTÉNL apologise for any inconvenience caused by this necessary work.

Antenna wrote: »
    Outages of Saorview and TV3/TG4 analogue planned for the next couple of days from Mt Leinster:

Service Notification:
    RTÉNL - Mt Leinster, Co. Carlow

Due to essential engineering works, our Mt. Leinster transmitter will be off the air from 8am to 2pm on 4th & 5th July & from 12noon to 5pm on 6th July.

This essential work will affect SaorView and UHF analogue TV services.

Any word on the status of Truskmore Sligo?? When is the signal power going to be turned back up??

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Engineering works at 3 transposer stations in Co. Cork this week, likely related to the Saorview rollout

169-11.gif

169-12.gif169-13.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Antenna

Mt Leinster has planned outages for Saorview and analogue TV3/TG4 every day Monday-to-Friday next week

Service Notification:
    RTÉNL - Mt. Leinster, Co. Carlow

Due to essential preparatory engineering works, our Mt. Leinster transmitter will be off the air from 8am to 12pm & 2pm to 5pm daily between 9th & 13th July.

This essential work will affect SaorView & UHF analogue TV services from this transmitter & all associated relay sites.

Also Truskmore all services liable to reduced power notice for next week Tuesday to Friday:

Service Notification:
    RTÉNL - Truskmore, Co. Sligo

Due to essential maintenance our Truskmore transmitter may be running on reduced power 9:30am to 5:30pm daily from 10th to 13th July.

This essential work will affect SaorView, analogue TV & FM radio services from this transmitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭MarkK

169-13.gif

They also need to notify the people in Rosscarbery, that they are being moved to Co. Waterford :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Drackedie

Hi,
    I live in Clare, believe I am getting Saorview from Mullaghanish.

Today I am having some strange problems - audio on all channels is out of sync; audio from previous channel stays on for a few seconds when I switch channels; and anything that I record (to USB) has no audio.

I have a Bush B650 STB.

Just wondering if anyone else has had these kind of problems, or if maybe they are related to the EPG changes that are taking place?

Thanks,
    D

Drackedie wrote: »
    I live in Clare, believe I am getting Saorview from Mullaghanish.

Today I am having some strange problems - audio on all channels is out of sync; audio from previous channel stays on for a few seconds when I switch channels; and anything that I record (to USB) has no audio.

I have a Bush B650 STB.

Just wondering if anyone else has had these kind of problems, or if maybe they are related to the EPG changes that are taking place?

No problems here from Mullaghanish, try a factory reset/restore defaults or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Drackedie

The Cush wrote: »
    No problems here from Mullaghanish, try a factory reset/restore defaults or similar.

I couldn't find how to do a reset on the box, but did a rescan and all seems good again.

And RTE News Now and 3e have swapped places...

Thanks!

marno21 wrote: »
    Engineering works at 3 transposer stations in Co. Cork this week, likely related to the Saorview rollout

Looks like 3 of the 5 sites remaining to be upgraded - Leap, Timoleague and Rosscarbery. Not sure where the other 2 are.

6ynp03.jpg
    33lhudv.jpg
    oircep.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

Think there's a problem with Saorview from Monaghan today, was off completely earlier, now seems to be weak signal.

I can't even use analogue TG4 as a reference to check the performance of my own aerial, as that channel has been missing for the best part of a week.

Peter Rhea wrote: »
    Think there's a problem with Saorview from Monaghan today, was off completely earlier, now seems to be weak signal.

I can't even use analogue TG4 as a reference to check the performance of my own aerial, as that channel has been missing for the best part of a week.
    Mines is the exact same but I get mine from Truskmore Sligo. I haven't had Soarview since the middle of June and my TV3 analogue signal is very poor and TG4 is just picture and no sound. Saorview signal on mines is now 0% and it used to be around 70% strength and 100% quality.
    They must be working on a lot of transmitters and turned the power down.

My own is back to watchable levels now. I asked a few others if their reception was affected, but they weren't watching at the time I experienced the outage & they weren't sure if their reception had deteriorated since then.

Edit: It's dropped back to next to nothing again since about midnight, suppose if this persists & I can't confirm a problem at the transmitter, I'll have to climb up for a closer look at the aerial. It's pretty annoying that the only other thing the aerial in question receives is TG4 analogue & it seems to be on one of its regular 'breaks' (these have been occuring even since before Saorview started, obviously nobody misses it).

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jimfinoc

Heard something on the radio the morning about having to retune your saorview box today. Anybody hear it. I have had no RTE for last 2 days in N. Roscommon.

• Advertisement

jimfinoc wrote: »
    Heard something on the radio the morning about having to retune your saorview box today. Anybody hear it. I have had no RTE for last 2 days in N. Roscommon.

For the epg change and frequency change in Dublin.

http://www.saorview.ie/news/saorview-rescan-requested-after-2pm-on-10th-july/
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056686609
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056686543

Your problems could be related to the ongoing maintenance at the Truskmore transmitter in Sligo - http://www.rte.ie/aerteldigital/desktopxhtml/169-8.html

Give RTÉNL a call - http://www.rte.ie/aerteldigital/desktopxhtml/169-1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Gone here in Waterford city this afternoon going to do a rescan.

edit: all back without doing a scan but jumbled up :)

My saorview still not working. From Truskmore Sligo. Any1 else getting theirs from here? What is the new channel number? Is it still 53??

Three Rock is the only transmitter that changed frequency.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭newleaf

All explained here though it hardly seems worth the effort for two channels to switch. Maybe there's more to it but it's a nuisance. Lots of people won't have heard the announcements, and some of those that do won't know how to retune.
    http://www.saorview.ie/news/how-to-re-scan-saorview-approved-box-or-tv/

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Smfm

My saorview still not working. From Truskmore Sligo. Any1 else getting theirs from here? What is the new channel number? Is it still 53??

It's still 53, Saorview appears to be down, I've experienced a few homes with the signal level ok, but the quality below par, a case of wait and see......even repalced a 13 dB C/D Amp with a 28 dB, made no difference to the quality..... :cool:

Saorview ask that we retune out Tv's or set-top boxs after July 10th.......... don't think this will have any bearing on the problem, apart from re-arranging the channel line-up.......

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭marclt

@Danjo - work is being carried out on Mt. Leinster this week with saorview and analogue UHF affected. The work is also having a knock on affect on relay transmitters, so I'd assume Forth Mt., the site in Waterford etc is also off line.

I wonder will there be any back up feed for the other sites? If the power outages of a few years ago were to be repeated at Mt. Leinster (in the snow), I'm sure RTE would want to ensure that services at the smaller sites could be maintained?

marclt wrote: »
    I wonder will there be any back up feed for the other sites? If the power outages of a few years ago were to be repeated at Mt. Leinster (in the snow), I'm sure RTE would want to ensure that services at the smaller sites could be maintained?

Isn't Saorsat meant to be a backup feed for the Transmitters?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭zg3409

MarkK wrote: »
    Isn't Saorsat meant to be a backup feed for the Transmitters?

In theory yes, and possilby in practice yes. However as they do not carry TV3 nor 3E then if it was used for backup these channels would be lost.

In the past they have used Sky boxes as temporary backups. Nearly every site seems to have a small dish. However for proper Saorview seamless backup they would need a backup of the entire stream of all channels and content etc, which neither Sky nor Saorsat can provide.

I think the main sites are linked via microwave in a loop system, so if any one link becomes faulty, the system can re-route the signals around the other direction.

It is a pity Saorsat cannot be used as it is ideal for the job. It could also carry all the national radio stations and more.

• Advertisement

zg3409 wrote: »
    In theory yes, and possilby in practice yes. However as they do not carry TV3 nor 3E then if it was used for backup these channels would be lost.
    Indeed, but that's TV3's choice.
    Doesn't stop it being a back up system.

Advertisement