Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭loopymum

Butterball wrote: »
    Did you just get random letter from Vodafone with offer in it? and vouchers included? or was it included in your phone bill????

It's Eircom, not Vodafone who are doing this offer

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Daithi MacG

It was just a random letter, but we only got it because were with eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Butterball

My apologies. Typing error on my part.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭innthe

statement or opinion?

the lady i was talking to from emobile said the 139 offer was an error and anyone who got it for 139 would be billed an extra 100, i.e. instead of 35 it would be 135.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Damie

innthe wrote: »
    the lady i was talking to from emobile said the 139 offer was an error and anyone who got it for 139 would be billed an extra 100, i.e. instead of 35 it would be 135.

Well I got confirmation that this is untrue. I'll let you know when my first bill arrives...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Daithi MacG

Hope to be ordering today...I might try just keep giving out about the extra 100 and see if they give in..:-P

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Has anyone got a spare voucher? Wouldn't mind moving to this deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Has anyone got a spare voucher? Wouldn't mind moving to this deal.

Just ring with your Eircom account & explain you don't have a voucher but would like to sign up.:)

Keep doing that until you get an agent that will do it for you...worked for me twice!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭DRose1

Sorry if this has been asked already... (search feature is awful on this site, so cant search this thread)

Does the half price deal only apply to a 18 month contract or can you pay a bit extra monthly and get it on a 12 month contract?

My ideal scenario:

I would be getting the Samsung Galaxy S 3 on a 12 month contract for €139 @ around €35 per month...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

DRose1 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked already... (search feature is awful on this site, so cant search this thread)

Does the half price deal only apply to a 18 month contract or can you pay a bit extra monthly and get it on a 12 month contract?

My ideal scenario:

I would be getting the Samsung Galaxy S 3 on a 12 month contract for €139 @ around €35 per month...

That just won't happen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

DRose1 wrote: »

My ideal scenario:

That would be everyone's ideal scenario; an 18 month deal for 12 months:rolleyes:
    Very first post , it says it twice - 18 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭loopymum

whiterebel wrote: »
    That would be everyone's ideal scenario; an 18 month deal for 12 months:rolleyes:
    Very first post , it says it twice - 18 month contract.

And it's going to be €239 for the phone because it's such a great deal already

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

loopymum wrote: »
    And it's going to be €239 for the phone because it's such a great deal already

Some have got it for €139 it may have been reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,870 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I have a voucher now, got it from my father in laws bill

if i go into a store i wonder will they let my wife and i both sign up off the one voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

It should say on the T&C's that two people can sign up using it... Go the the store with ur wife, you will both need photo ID and proof of address etc. You shouldn't have any probs signing up... I'm sending my wife into the store this week to sign herself up.. Too good a deal to miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭swampy353

signed up a couple of weeks ago, only found out yesterday that you get access to the eircom public WiFi service too. text WiFi to 50003 for your username and password

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

swampy353 wrote: »
    signed up a couple of weeks ago, only found out yesterday that you get access to the eircom public WiFi service too. text WiFi to 50003 for your username and password

Just did this. Hope I don't see a charge now on my bill! Still trying to figure why I woukd use it though when you have an unlimited data plan...

You can use it on your laptop too. Probably more stable than tethering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Just did this. Hope I don't see a charge now on my bill! Still trying to figure why I woukd use it though when you have an unlimited data plan...

Faster speeds?

What is the speed like on the emobile network? Still waiting on delivery of my phone. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭swampy353

Davie89 wrote: »

Faster speeds?

What is the speed like on the emobile network? Still waiting on delivery of my phone. :(
    Just did a speed test and its 3.6mbps down and .3 up

• Advertisement

Davie89 wrote: »
    Faster speeds?

Just did 4 tests with the speedtest.net Android app.

Results:
    1. 8.08 down, 2.83 up, 1230ms ping
    2. 4.74 down, 2.84 up, 1255ms ping
    3. 5.36 down, 2.05 up, 1245ms ping
    4. 4.32 down, 2.85 up, 112ms ping

All results in Mb/s obviously.

Pretty decent speed, although ping is atrocious. I checked the comreg website and sure enough there are several masts in Midleton close to where I live. It's faster than my internet was with o2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Left a bit confused after a call to emobile, was told that the offer was only available over the phone as opposed to in-store. Anyone else told that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

Left a bit confused after a call to emobile, was told that the offer was only available over the phone as opposed to in-store. Anyone else told that?

They aren't very well informed, try someone else in store or call over the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

I was speaking to a chap in the Blanchardstown outlet and he said it would be no problem to avail of the deal in-store, but he did mention that the handsets would be 50-100 euro dearer. If I remember correctly he was looking for 240/250 for the HTC One X with this deal.

Correct. They are charging €350 for the Galaxy S3 in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wtd2008

Is anyone else getting the run around from Emobile? I switched over from Eircom recently and going on the info in post 1 tried to get a HTC One S...they are now looking for €89 for it...am awaiting an answer back from them but I keep on getting different info. I was told the €89 is now only if you take out the full Unlimited and not the half price unlimited..wtf?

EDIT: Should have said it was free in post 1, now they are looking for €89 when I try to sign up

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭boardtc

I rang emobile and quoted my eircom account number as a voucher code but they said it was not a valid account number (it does not work off the url either) :( Any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

boardtc wrote: »
    I rang emobile and quoted my eircom account number as a voucher code but they said it was not a valid account number (it does not work off the url either) :( Any tips?

Go into one of the stores... I spent two weeks trying to do it via the website and phone. Went into the store and was signed up within 10 mins. I'd to pay a bit extra for the phone but was well worth it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

wtd2008 wrote: »
    Is anyone else getting the run around from Emobile? I switched over from Eircom recently and going on the info in post 1 tried to get a HTC One S...they are now looking for €89 for it...am awaiting an answer back from them but I keep on getting different info. I was told the €89 is now only if you take out the full Unlimited and not the half price unlimited..wtf?

That doesn't make sense from them. I signed up for the same and did get the half-price deal. The 89 was debited from my account, but I still am having problems porting over. It's been nearly a week now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Wow that's weird, heard people say there was only a tenner in the difference if you went to a store.

Advertisement