Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosanna Davison denies mini marathon cheat claims

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Some people stoop low in Ireland, like that scumbag in Kerry Michael Healy Rae who rigged a Reality TV Show so he'd win it! FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

No.9 on Chris deBurghs new album 'Footsteps' is called 'Already there'& No.13 'Every Step of the way'...........................Subliminal messages?:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

gagiteebo wrote: »
    Yes there is a massive difference between 10km and 26.2 miles but to say it's stupid when you see people patting themselves on the back......is uncalled for imo. I decided to do it for a charity close to my heart and I started training everyday for months (believe me I was never a runner) and I did it on Monday and I ran the whole 10km in 1h25. Now I'm not claiming Ive done a marathon but I am damn proud of myself and it was a big personal achievement as it was for many other women. I find your post to be ridiculous and offensive.

I am assuming you are a women, apolgies if I am mistaken, in which case I find it even more ridiculous. Did you take part?

I didn't take part in that race - however I did do a couple of 5km runs and a 10km run before, I trained hard for months for the 10km run and was dead proud of myself for having completed it! And anyone who completed the mini-marathon should also be proud of themselves, and particularly if they raised money for charity in doing so.

I haven't the slightest problem with people posting on Facebook saying how proud they are of having taken part in the mini-marathon.

I do however think it's silly when you see Facebook posts such as "Completed my 1st marathon today in just under two hours - deeee-lighted wiv myself" (direct quote), and several others which I saw along those lines. A marathon is used in athletics to describe a 26.2 mile event. It does look stupid when you see those sort of posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Rosie's still digging that hole for herself:

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/im-no-cheat-i-did-run-the-full-10k-but-not-that-quickly-says-rosanna-3133783.html

Says she got the number mid race so that's why the time is off. Still maintains that the photos were taken after the race despite the fact that you can see the finish line.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,472 ✭✭✭✭28064212

stimpson wrote: »
    Rosie's still digging that hole for herself:

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/im-no-cheat-i-did-run-the-full-10k-but-not-that-quickly-says-rosanna-3133783.html

Says she got the number mid race so that's why the time is off. Still maintains that the photos were taken after the race despite the fact that you can see the finish line.
    "No, no, dig up stupid!"

Rosanna on the 7th:
    “Carmel was ahead of me so it clocked her start time and she ran back and gave me the number so it clocked my finish time, giving me a time of 43 minutes,” she explains.
    Rosanna today:
    "At the last minute, I decided to go ahead with the race. I had to get the number after the race began, so the final time and name listed were inaccurate."
    Carmel Murray's recollection:
    “She asked me if I had a spare race number, which isn’t unusual when some of our participants can’t make it,” she said.

“I had none so I gave her mine, because I’m not a competitive jogger.”

Any explanation for how Carmel was informed that she needed to come back and find Rosanna? Or how she managed to find her in a crowd of 40,000? Or why Carmel seems to think she gave it to her before the start?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

28064212 wrote: »
    Any explanation for how Carmel was informed that she needed to come back and find Rosanna? Or how she managed to find her in a crowd of 40,000? Or why Carmel seems to think she gave it to her before the start?

Easy, Rosanna was the one with the perfect make up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Some staying power on that make up!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Rosanna's story is making less and less sense as she goes on!

Do they not realise they should have said Carmel started after her and then cut across to 8/9 km to give Rosanna the number. That would at least make a bit more sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Poor Rosanna, this is gonna be her Watergate where the cover up is worse than the crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Still makes no sense.

If this Carmel one started first, ran a bit but had to track back to give Ms Z-Celeb her number then that would still take time and I don't see how it would cause the chip to clock in at a fast time as it's done part of the course twice.

I would like the race organisers to offer their view and explain why she's not disqualified.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

....she could have just fucken walked the route and nobody would have given a shite......

Nodin wrote: »
    ....she could have just fucken walked the route and nobody would have given a shite......

That's the thing, even if she said she just turned up at the finish line for some photos, even that would be better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

What I don't understand is if she didn't start with a number, what was the point in getting one at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

Seems she has the Sunday Independent on her side too. Article in todays paper Living section by Will Hanafin "Rosiegate scandal is a non runner" (Sorry, can't find a link) saying that "her explanation for the discrepancies seem reasonable but it hasn't stopped the conspiracy theories spiraling out of control" and how "the fanciful theories surrounding Rosannagate make Barack Obama's birth cert saga look positively tame by comparison". The tone of the article seems to be off course Rosanna is telling the truth, anyone who says different has an overactive imagination.

Seems she has the Sunday Independent on her side too. Article in todays paper Living section by Will Hanafin "Rosiegate scandal is a non runner" (Sorry, can't find a link) saying that "her explanation for the discrepancies seem reasonable but it hasn't stopped the conspiracy theories spiraling out of control" and how "the fanciful theories surrounding Rosannagate make Barack Obama's birth cert saga look positively tame by comparison". The tone of the article seems to be off course Rosanna is telling the truth, anyone who says different has an overactive imagination.

Not really too surprised about that, Rosanna had been appearing in the Sindo for years now. It was inevitable they would support her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

And it's not like anyone in her family has ever cheated before!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

is she related to Michelle, that would explain it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

lol, now that is some funny ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

What shocks me is how people are shocked that these sort of people are the dishonest type.

What the **** is new here? Anyone?

Why care what that glorified piece of ass does?

Stop the presses!

Irish society type is a liar and cheat! Shock! Horror! Revulsion! Aids!

''I'm utterly shocked at how an upstanding, honest, down to Earth citizen such as Her Majesty Miss World Rosanna Davison Blessed be her name and tits and ass could be a cheat! The end times are upon us!''
    -Mary O'Fiddly Diddle, Ballybunshopaloe.

''I'd hit it, Awwwww yiiahhh son!''
    -Chris DeBurgh

World explodes!

Meh..

What shocks me is how people are shocked that these sort of people are the dishonest type.

What the **** is new here? Anyone?

Why care what that glorified piece of ass does?

Stop the presses!

Irish society type is a liar and cheat! Shock! Horror! Revulsion! Aids!

''I'm utterly shocked at how an upstanding, honest, down to Earth citizen such as Her Majesty Miss World Rosanna Davison Blessed be her name and tits and ass could be a cheat! The end times are upon us!''
    -Mary O'Fiddly Diddle, Ballybunshopaloe.

''I'd hit it, Awwwww yiiahhh son!''
    -Chris DeBurgh

World explodes!

Meh..

yill be grand once ya get your coco pops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

yill be grand once ya get your coco pops

Nah I think I'll just have a **** over your ones picture.

That's the whole point of her, right?

Nah I think I'll just have a **** over your ones picture.

That's the whole point of her, right?

not exactly a coco pop but a pop none the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The Sindo kisses the ass of every z-list celebrity in the country, plus isn't she employed by that company anyway. I flicked through it at a hotel and an equally condescending story was on page 3 I think by another author, so that's at least two clueless hacks based on this story alone writing for that yoke.

The Sunday Times were less taken by her excuses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Well, it's gone too far now, she can't back down and admit it's bollox. Morto for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭jennyq

It came up again on Liveline today. The CEO of the ISPCA is now playing dumb, saying that they are just taking her at her word and he "hopes" she did run the race, but they have no idea how the time of 43 minutes showed up when Rosanna is saying she did not complete it in that time (having claimed an hour, 50 mins and 49 mins in different instances).

Looks like it's not going to go away, no matter how much the (S)Indo/Herald tries to refer to those raising the issue as "deadbeats".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

I seen in the Sunday Indo that she offered to run another race - says it all really and still no explanation about the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Heard liveline today and the CEO of the ISPCA was clear when he said it does matter if she did not run the race. I don't think he is very happy with her at the moment.
    I did not catch the start of the programme. It's looking more likely she did not run the race.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

who gives a ****e,shes only doing it for publicity she probably even generated this rumour herself,i wouldnt put it past her,isnt she one of those zzz class 'celebrities' or 'socailites' anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

who gives a ****e,shes only doing it for publicity she probably even generated this rumour herself,i wouldnt put it past her,isnt she one of those zzz class 'celebrities' or 'socailites' anyway?

I don't think she wants to be known for saying she ran a mini marathon for charity only to get someone else to run it for her.
    If she did not run the damn thing she should say so. She looks like a proper idiot now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭misterdeeds

It is all publicity and everyone is falling for it, great for her I would imagine but at the end of the day she is a nobody and most of us do not give a s***

Advertisement