Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland vs Barbarians Gloucester, 29 May NO TV, NO STREAMS.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Quint2010 wrote: »

Bit of a difference in that and what the live feed was portraying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Quint2010 wrote: »

Word for word the same as RTE report. Odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Gorgodze wasn't mentioned at all (I don't think) on the live updates thing, but that report says he was very impressive.

Hard to know how the forwards were playing as they never really get a mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Presumably they just both bought the article from the same journalist. I've seen it a few times, usually with smaller sports where there wouldn't be many journalists covering it. Considering the timing of the match and the fact that it wasn't televised, it's not that unusual imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Presumably they just both bought the article from the same journalist. I've seen it a few times, usually with smaller sports where there wouldn't be many journalists covering it. Considering the timing of the match and the fact that it wasn't televised, it's not that unusual imo.

They syndicate more and more of their stuff too. Look at the football coverage as most days it's copyright Guardian or The Times. That's for comment and big match coverage through the regular season too. I guess it's cheaper than producing their own stuff as media outlets are under financial pressure.

"...a better performance would have been expected" isn't encouraging, although Newstalk said Earls seemed to play well.

• Advertisement

WeeBushy wrote: »

Ah yeah I know, just considering some lads were demanding RTE send over a full camera crew and commentators, it sort of puts it in perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭leonard7

nothing really of substance in the report

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

And no news on Fitzpatrick or Loughney... the two we most desperately need news on :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

That's just a generic report from a some staff reporter that's farmed out to loads of people. You won't get the actual IT report til tomorrow (or past midnight anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

"Surprisingly for a game involving the Barbarians there was a flare-up amongst the forwards which resulted in a warning for French hooker Benoit August and Irish number eight Peter O’Mahony."

Another game, another scrap for Pete.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Gilroy surely has to be in the squad now. Otherwise it's a bit of a joke isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Brian wrote: »
    "Surprisingly for a game involving the Barbarians there was a flare-up amongst the forwards which resulted in a warning for French hooker Benoit August and Irish number eight Peter O’Mahony."

should make the papers tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

Good to see Gilroy and Zebo apparently playing well and getting on the scoresheet. I'm sure Gilroy played with a point to prove, and he really should be going on tour . I was a bit annoyed that Earls was moved to full back, but he seems to have done well there.

Brian wrote: »

No harm. We need more lads playing on the edge like that. I can't recall him picking up a card for scrapping.

Flincher wrote: »
    No harm. We need more lads playing on the edge like that.

Except every scrap or niggle I've seen him get involved in has been utterly pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Except every scrap or niggle I've seen him get involved in has been utterly pointless.

he is the new enforcer did you not know , doc is out to pasture:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

We lost? Am I the only one pissed off at that (could be the booze) ?

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    We lost? Am I the only one pissed off at that (could be the booze) ?

No. Its just hard to know what exactly to be pissed off about without having seen the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 barbar84

The thing is, I'd still like to see the game. didn't have to see it live. One man, one camera on a tripod, stick it up on the IRFU or BAABAA's website. easy peasy. Hopefully someone will have taken notice of the amount of people who would like to see the game and do this in future. You wouldn't even need commentary. could have been uploaded minutes after the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Seems like we played very poorly.

Although given the nature of the team I suppose it's expected. Fair play to the Gloucester fans for turning up.

Just read the Irish Times report, two things jump out at me.

1. it sounds like Gilroy being left at home for the tour is an utter disgrace.
    2. Marshall got THREE minutes. That is a shocking situation. A totally meaningless game that counts for nothing? Every player should have had at least 20 mins. That sums up Kidney right there. Muppet.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭fitz

2. Marshall got THREE minutes. That is a shocking situation. A totally meaningless game that counts for nothing? Every player should have had at least 20 mins. That sums up Kidney right there. Muppet.

And people dismissed the idea that TOL would tour.
    I'd be very surprised if Marshall was named to replace Boss today tbh.

El Diablo wrote:
    Given we are still on a 22-man squad for the internationals it’s a help to have two guys Declan Fitzpatrick and Ronan Loughney who can front up on both sides.

Is it just me that knows that Fitzpatrick got mangled at LH prop before? Buckley played LH before too, doesn't mean he can "front up" on both sides either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Flincher wrote: »
    No harm. We need more lads playing on the edge like that. I can't recall him picking up a card for scrapping.

That's not playing on the edge. That's just pointlessly getting involved in rubbish. He's not an enforcer and no opposition player would be intimidated by him. He hasn't been yellow carded for it specifically to my knowledge but I have seen him spoken to and warned about it. There's a yellow card coming and possibly more if he doesn't smarten up. Aside from the impact on himself, getting involved in that rubbish does a side no favours with a ref.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Gilroy looks good in an Irish jersey. Not homoseksually like...:o

1224316911396_1.jpg?ts=1338364101

fitz wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised if Marshall was named to replace Boss today tbh.

Prepare to be surprised. Just don't expect him to play bar injury

If TOL was going to travel he would have been on the bench last night

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    Prepare to be surprised. Just don't expect him to play bar injury

If TOL was going to travel he would have been on the bench last night

3min cameo vs 0 min cameo.

3mins
    3mins

Baffling. It was effectively a trial match, and we didn't trial a position that we particularly need to! Perhaps it's on account of Declan "knowing" that TO'L can "do a job" for him?

3min cameo vs 0 min cameo.

3mins
    3mins

Baffling. It was effectively a trial match, and we didn't trial a position that we particularly need to! Perhaps it's on account of Declan "knowing" that TO'L can "do a job" for him?

It's baffling but the logistical sense of keeping Marshall in the squad would point to him staying

Although this is Kidney, go knows what he'll do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

DK's rationale would appear to be that Marshall will not be in the reckoning at all unless he has no choice. With that in mind, Murray hasn't played in a few weeks and hasn't played with ROG (who I expect to start a test) in a couple of months. I don't necessarily agree with it but if DK doesn't rate Marshall at all, he's not going to give him pitch time. I don't think TOL has a hope of travelling as he's now plying his trade abroad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

1. Who should Craig Gilroy replace? Fact that he played in the XV shows to me that he is next up if a back-three injury should occur. I think he's a flipping great player but can't think of a player he should be keeping out. He's still young too. Plenty of time.

2. Conor Murray is only just back and badly needed game time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

JustinDee wrote: »
    1. Who should Craig Gilroy replace? Fact that he played in the XV shows to me that he is next up if a back-three injury should occur. I think he's a flipping great player but can't think of a player he should be keeping out. He's still young too. Plenty of time.

2. Conor Murray is only just back and badly needed game time.

1. Zebo

2. No matter what way you try to twist it giving Marshall 3 minutes gametime still doesn't make sense.

Advertisement