Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Where can I watch slamiversary?

June 13th on Challenge (I think it's at 10pm but I'm not entirely certain).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Alex Shelley looks WWE bound according to former WCW broadcaster Mark madden..

Better of in TNA with Sabin in MCMG.. WWE should take both or none.

RVD and Angle must be sloppy by now.

RVD yes (most of the time, when he's motivated he's actually quite great), but Angle is still awesome.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Has Angle been injured over the last year? He was my favourite in-ring wrestler ever, but for a while now he's been at his usual great self, he's lost a few steps. So he'll just have a very good match and not an excellent one. Maybe his injuries are catching up to him, he is wreckless with his own health :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It took about a month for TNA to forget about the whole TV title being defended every week idea :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It took about a month for TNA to forget about the whole TV title being defended every week idea :pac:

My brother noticed that too. Thank feck, Devon was in the Battle Royal don't think I could take seeing him wrestle twice in 2 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Has Angle been injured over the last year? He was my favourite in-ring wrestler ever, but for a while now he's been at his usual great self, he's lost a few steps. So he'll just have a very good match and not an excellent one. Maybe his injuries are catching up to him, he is wreckless with his own health :(

Age has caught up with him.. He takes too many risks for someone his age. He should not be moonsaulting and taking huge bumps anymore.

They get back to it this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

jaykhunter wrote: »

Yeah I've noticed his standard as well. With the injuries he's had to date and the style he wrestles I really couldn't see him lasting much longer as an in ring performer, I think he even himself has acknowledged that time is closing on his career.

What I'd really love to see would be for him to sign back on to WWE and do one more full time year with the company and then retire at Wrestlemania after having been inducted into the HOF the night before.

Yeah I've noticed his standard as well. With the injuries he's had to date and the style he wrestles I really couldn't see him lasting much longer as an in ring performer, I think he even himself has acknowledged that time is closing on his career.

What I'd really love to see would be for him to sign back on to WWE and do one more full time year with the company and then retire at Wrestlemania after having been inducted into the HOF the night before.
    If he cant manage the run schedule, he hasnt a hope of managing the WWE schedule.

I can see him coming a tag wrestler for the next few months. They teased a teaming with Styles at Sacrifice. Styles is more than capable of doing the majority of the work so it would be a great move for him.

• Advertisement

If he cant manage the run schedule, he hasnt a hope of managing the WWE schedule.

Not a full time schedule, but a Brock Lesnar or Rock schedule? Absolutely. 2 or 3 high profile matches over a year, retiring at wrestlemania. If anyone deserves a good end to a career, it's him. He's the single greatest technical wrestler that has ever lived, bar none.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The INTERNET WRESTLING COMMUNITY IS TURNING.

Results of a running Wrestling Observer poll:

60a21d1a.jpg

The keyword here is "improving", I'd agree with this poll's trends. TNA have been really awful for so long, they are improving with Roode, Bully and Aries; and UFC have had a horrible spate of injuries and nasty over-saturation of shows. In the Post-Mania slump i'm not shocked WWE is 2nd bottom, how could it be improving when all the stars are gone and booking sense has too!

GTR63 wrote: »
    Tna has improved lately but they still can't help themselves when it comes to decision making eg Brooke Hogan, Garret Bìtchoff & Alex Shelley being entitled his release.
    His contract is up. They cant force him to stay if he doesnt want to.

Agree on Bischoff but will wait and see what they do with Brooke. If she doesnt hog the airtime like daddy does, then I'm ok with her being in a non wrestling role.

His contract is up. They cant force him to stay if he doesnt want to.

Agree on Bischoff but will wait and see what they do with Brooke. If she doesnt hog the airtime like daddy does, then I'm ok with her being in a non wrestling role.

Sorry I meant to write that he was entitled to get his own release. They should of done more to keep him like use him the last year but thats another topic for another thread.

If Brooke's debut results in the return of Scott Steiner on live television it'll be entirely worth it.

If Brooke's debut results in the return of Scott Steiner on live television it'll be entirely worth it.

Could you imagine that promo it'd be amazing.

A pissed off Scott Steiner on live TV with a live mic. That would be epic.

359jte8.png

64eduh.png

wb8njp.png

• Advertisement

So

Televised Booking Meetings :eek:

I remember Pollock postulating that that's what Russo desperately wanted to air back in 99-00; just a show where it's completely behind the curtain. That said, I wonder what the ratings would've been like if they had a 3 hour show, and the first hour was a compilation of backstage footage of politiking from earlier in the day. It'd kill the company but they've been doing that already so yeah, I'd love to see it!

0517-brooke-hogan-tna-getty-1.jpg

born: May 5, 1988

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

man elephant in the room.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,865 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

rovert wrote: »
    0517-brooke-hogan-tna-getty-1.jpg

born: May 5, 1988

49856_512x288_generated__0w1X4a5dnE2e-GijHerktA.jpg

rovert wrote: »
    May 5, 1988

Looks exactly like Linda tbh.

Still would though.

brooke-hogan-04.jpg

Archive photo there

Someone stick a Hogan mustache on that first picture, please? Im curious.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

sounds like you're bi-curious

Advertisement