Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Lots of positive, good news stories today. This is great. Gives me some hope

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Ok this may sound reaaaalllly bad and judgemental but I need advice.

Arranging to meet up with a guy at the week end and we talked on the phone for the first time yesterday.

He has a near scooby accent and swore a good bit on the phone, in other words he really doesn't seem like my type. From talking to him on the phone I don't think we'll get along.

What should I do, meet him? or Just cancel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

If the cursing / accent is something you defo couldnt get over, then I would say leave it and not go, no point stringing him along if its a deal breaker.
    If it something that you are "hmmmm, I dont mind too much" and could put up with it, then at least meet him, he might be a great guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

blacklilly wrote: »

Arranging to meet up with a guy at the week end and we talked on the phone for the first time yesterday.

He has a near scooby accent and swore a good bit on the phone, in other words he really doesn't seem like my type. From talking to him on the phone I don't think we'll get along.

Let it go, he might be a nice person but no point in leading him on if you are not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

He has a near scooby accent

Scooby-Doo_is_the_eponymous_character_and_the_protagonist..jpg

Where's my fookin' rooby rack Raggy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Jason Fly

do you have any other thing to do for that day? If you don't, you still can go and try to enjoy the date even if you know he's not your type. But, if there was nothing on that call that makes you think you may have a bit of fun with him, better forget about it.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Scooby-Doo_is_the_eponymous_character_and_the_protagonist..jpg

Where's my fookin' rooby rack Raggy?

Haha brilliant!

Jason Fly wrote: »
    do you have any other thing to do for that day? If you don't, you still can go and try to enjoy the date even if you know he's not your type. But, if there was nothing on that call that makes you think you may have a bit of fun with him, better forget about it.

Well I don't have anything in particular planned but I've always stuff to do.

I just cant see it working

Well I don't have anything in particular planned but I've always stuff to do.

better to cancel, it's not meant to be...

The online dating council has spoken. It must be cancelled.

• Advertisement

Ok, now to find another prespective date! This does get tiresome.

If there's life, there's hope ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Jason Fly wrote: »
    As long as it doesn't translate the whole page to swedish..:rolleyes:

It wouldn't surprise me!

Nice to see all the happy stories right now though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Stumbled across this recently enough, though it might be interesting to join in on the banter..

So back story, single, guy, early 30's on POF, have been for about a month now ? there or there about's.

Not looking for love, or anything serious, a chat, a drink, a roll in the hay, I'm always honest, and up front about these things also..

I've read through a lot of the replies on here, not all 593 pages of course, but i've noticed a recurring phrase " time wasters" ..

Ahh time wasters, now i love a good chat, it's great, ye sit down, ye ramble on about everything and anything to a would be lady, and when you get 4 or 5 days in to the rambling you try to seal the deal, and you're either left with no reply, or dodge..

Frustrating to say the least..

Stumbled across this recently enough, though it might be interesting to join in on the banter..

So back story, single, guy, early 30's on POF, have been for about a month now ? there or there about's.

Not looking for love, or anything serious, a chat, a drink, a roll in the hay, I'm always honest, and up front about these things also..

I've read through a lot of the replies on here, not all 593 pages of course, but i've noticed a recurring phrase " time wasters" ..

Ahh time wasters, now i love a good chat, it's great, ye sit down, ye ramble on about everything and anything to a would be lady, and when you get 4 or 5 days in to the rambling you try to seal the deal, and you're either left with no reply, or dodge..

Frustrating to say the least..

I think 4 or 5 days of chatting on line is far too long, seal the deal after 2 max. That's my opinion anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I'm free!!!! :D

I'm free!!!! :D

But are you really mental:P

have you not heard about the crazy/mental hot scale?

I think 4 or 5 days of chatting on line is far too long, seal the deal after 2 max. That's my opinion anyway.
    Point to note, if you tell a girl you only want in her knickers on the 1st - 2nd day ..generally they run away.. surly you should know this ..
    Instead of which, you need to spend time, let her get to know you as a person, and gain your confidence..

have you not heard about the crazy/mental hot scale?

No I am totally unaware of this? Do tell

• Advertisement

Point to note, if you tell a girl you only want in her knickers on the 1st - 2nd day ..generally they run away.. surly you should know this ..
    Instead of which, you need to spend time, let her get to know you as a person, and gain your confidence..

Maybe try a nsa site instead of POF.
    I'm sick of all the people looking for nsa using dating sites. Again yesterday I got 3 pictures of d*cks.

Ministry of the Bleeding Obvious

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Jason Fly, cut out those types of posts, this is not After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

I would consider it time wasting to chat to someone for 4 or 5 days and he then tells me he is only looking for "fun times" or a roll in the hay or whatever way you want to put it.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

:eek: Soooo what you're saying is you want her to think you really like her, gain her confidence, then [EMAIL="sh@g"]sh@g[/EMAIL] her, then feic off and on to the next one?? :confused:

Maybe try a nsa site instead of POF.
    I'm sick of all the people looking for nsa using dating sites. Again yesterday I got 3 pictures of d*cks.

Been there , done that, it's not nearly as glamorous as what the general public may think, and I'd advise any girl thinking of trying it to have a long hard thing about it.

And i can guarantee you've not seen mine, mostly as i believe that form of approach to be both sleazy and attention seeking on the guy's part..
    ladylost wrote: »
    I would consider it time wasting to chat to someone for 4 or 5 days and he then tells me he is only looking for "fun times" or a roll in the hay or whatever way you want to put it.

Apologies, you seem to have picked me up wrong there, My intentions are clear from the outset, within 3 to 4 msg's in fact, i'm not going to waste my time or any ladies time...

ChannelNo5 wrote: »
    Soooo what you're saying is you want her to think you really like her, gain her confidence, then sh@g her, then feic off and on to the next one??

As above I assume ... Perhaps i wasn't quite clear in my initial post..

Sealing the deal is arranging a drink etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

No. I'm quite sane. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

That_Guy wrote: »
    Was her birthday on Monday and when she went to the toilet I grabbed one of the waiters walking around and borrowed his pen and a piece of paper to make her a shoddy birthday card.

He's smooth... like ice!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Again yesterday I got 3 pictures of d*cks.
    I'm surprised you don't just reply "sorry, too small", and then block them...

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »
    I'm surprised you don't just reply "sorry, too small", and then block them...

Blocking without a reply would generally be more productive, as once you reply to them the conversation has been initialised, and they know there's somebody on the other end.. gives them motivation to keep replying..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement