Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Pembily wrote: »

Anyone else who is around next Friday there will be a few of us (I am hoping Hermi is free :P ) in Cassidys from about 8pm :) I will re-post this Thursday!

Ok so where is Cassidys and am I allowed join?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Pembily wrote: »
    Anyone else who is around next Friday there will be a few of us (I am hoping Hermi is free :P ) in Cassidys from about 8pm :) I will re-post this Thursday!

ooohhh im actually out in Dublin that night!

Ill try pop in if im not too drunk! Its my last night of college and exams so drinks are in order for the night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Hermione* wrote: »
    Half five?! I'd only be leaving the office then!

Sounds like a perfect time to be heading to the pub then. Very logical when you think about it.
    Where did Otis go? :(

Otis is taking a wee break from things for a while. All is good in his hood. He'll be a hard man to replace tbh, but I've no doubt he'll be back soon, and will always be a part of the place :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

bluewolf wrote: »
    2008 hehe
    96-99, 2001 here
    in the first school we called them mr x miss y, second school we called them by first names
    89-93 here, crap I'm old, from now on I'll call you all wipper snappers :) As far as my old demented mind can recall we called them sir/miss
    Hermione* wrote: »
    I have to go back to Cassidy’s to check out these barmen! I can’t remember what they look like :eek: :o

Today/Tonight: Mostly recovering from long week at work. Go for a run. Try to clean gaff, if I can muster the energy. Pack for overnight stay with a pal in Kildare.

Tomorrow: Hopefully, get up early to go see Beauty and the Beast :D :pac: Meet my pal. Brunch, go to fancy running shop in Liffey Valley, do the tour at Castletown House (so excited for this!) and then have afternoon tea somewhere fanceh.

Sunday: I shall mostly be running my first half marathon. EEEEEK!

Well at home minding sprogs tonight, but heading to wexford for a week tomorrow
    Where did Otis go? :(
    His account is closed :eek: when did this happen? :(

btw, evening all ,had a horrendous couple of weeks in work. Getting home so tired I'm drooling and nearly pissing myself with exhaustion. All because I decided to clear up one clients problem queue, before gong on holidays, while another client was starting to jump to get stuff completed

• Administrators Posts: 53,659 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

awec wrote: »
    Evening smallBiscuit. Had noticed your absence!

Top o' the evening to ya :)

Otis, gone :( now who'll I kiss at the beers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

So there I was innocently sitting on a swivel chair in the office and BAM, it collapses and I hit the floor. Not my night at all! :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,365 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Hairdresser is pregnant, gonna have to hunt for a new one for when she's off :(

I'll do it awec :D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Yeah sure. How hard can it be?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Anyone else reminded of the episode of Sheldon needing a haircut in The Big Bang Theory?!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

So there I was innocently sitting on a swivel chair in the office and BAM, it collapses and I hit the floor. Not my night at all! :mad:

Waah??

Sorry I laughed. :D
    Hairdresser is pregnant, gonna have to hunt for a new one for when she's off :(

I dunno why, but I laughed at this too. :D

Think I'm losing my mind.

Losing?

Think you've lost it already. :pac:

Heyyyyyyy!!!!!!

What are people up to for the weekend?

Wanted to cycle but the weather is all over the place, gonna hit the gym instead. Maaaaybe heading out tonight but I've an assignment that's due on Friday so dunno, dunno.

Cassidy's Barmen are friendly alright but ain't nothing special. :D Too young for me anyways. :pac:

Is it wrong that my arms and back still hurt after the gym on Wednesday? :o:o

Nah, it's taken me 5 or 6 days to get over DOMS sometimes. :o

• Advertisement

DOMS? Whut?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_onset_muscle_soreness

I've gotten it so bad sometimes that I can't manage stairs! :o :pac:

Ooohh.

Should I stop doing workouts while its still sore? :pac:

Hmm, I dunno. Would it not be uncomfortable? If your body is sore, its usually trying to tell you something is wrong. So maybe ease up on the workouts until it subsides. Muscles need to recover.

Someone will probably tell me I'm wrong now. :o :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

personally i'd leave it for a day or two then do it a bit more gently

Don't you like er, study this stuff? :pac:

I'll not go back to the gym til its not sore. It is pretty sore at the moment.

Ah well, it'll be worth it. :)

I'm so unbelievably bored right now! :(

:cool: Maaaaybe... But they ain't really sure about what exactly causes it or if exercising with it causes any damage or not. I just couldn't exercise if I'm already in pain!!

Go for a cycle in the rain so. :p

I have Marina and the Diamonds song in my head.

Frickin' fatfrogs has my stomach feeling frickin'.....arrrgghhh!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Panthro wrote: »
    Frickin' fatfrogs has my stomach feeling frickin'.....arrrgghhh!:mad:

Jaysus Panthro, I haven't drunk a fatfrog since I was 17 :p

Jaysus Panthro, I haven't drunk a fatfrog since I was 17 :p

IN MY DEFENCE!...the first one was bought for me, and for my round I hit up the oul Captain Morgans, only to see another round of fatfrogs come my way in the next round.
    Desperate to rid myself of the frog, I went doubles on the Captains, alas yet another frog was then bought for me..
    I accepted that I'd been defeated.:(

Hang on, Aren't you 18ish?!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

IN MY DEFENCE!...the first one was bought for me, and for my round I hit up the oul Captain Morgans, only to see another round of fatfrogs come my way in the next round.
    Desperate to rid myself of the frog, I went doubles on the Captains, alas yet another frog was then bought for me..
    I accepted that I'd been defeated.:(

Suuure...Captain Morgans? No wonder you're dying!
    Who were you drinking with, a bunch of fourth years? :pac:
    Hang on, Aren't you 18ish?!:pac:

Close...I iz 19 :p

Gave up on fatfrogs as soon as I could though, they are EVIL. EVIL. And weirdly green.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement