Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Iceberger Tub for anyone who wants to know... It has little bits of the biscuit-y thing mixed through the actual icecream and it's yummy. :D

Hb-1ltr-Iceberger-jpeg.jpg

alie that's horrible, I hope you're okay. Don't tell him to go. Sleep on it and talk to him when neither of you have drink in you. Be calm. I know that's an awful lot easier said than done. Hopefully it's just that he can appreciate that she's attractive as someone else said.

Avox, welcome to tLL! :D I wouldn't worry about your friend blocking you on Facebook chat, an awful lot of people appear offline on it to everybody.

lilmissprincess, don't worry, you're not the only one who starts notes all over again if you wrote a word wrong. I do it when I don't like my writing or when I spell something wrong. :o

RacoonQueen, hope everything is okay. You must have been so scared. x

Polloloca, well done on the weight loss. :D x

In other news, I'm really liking these songs at the moment:

Don't Go Away - Oasis

I Will Be - Avril Lavigne

I just realised that I'm top poster with 3 more posts than Kiera and I didn't post in this version at the start for about a week.. :eek: :o

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Have mixed feelings right now. Fairly confused.

Remember that job interview I went for the Saturday before last that I was really really nervous about?

I just got a call saying I would have the job if the business was going ahead but it isn’t. I’m disappointed I don’t have the job and feel so sorry for the woman running it since things have fallen through on her (can’t say anymore about it but it’s a really horrible situation for her) but it feels good to know I didn’t fúck the interview up like I thought I did and it gives me a little bit more belief in myself. I mean, if this woman wanted to give me a job then hopefully others will too. :)

Hope everyone is doing well and all those doing exams are coping ok!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

Jane, I cannot thank you enough for the iceberger link....nom!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

God, do you ever have a conversation with a member of your family and come out of it thinking "does this person know me at all?" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Oh god, what to do...

My dad just rang me asking me to come up to Clare this weekend with him to see my grandparents before my birthday but I was meant to be visiting my nana who is sick with pneumonia (and is 88 so not the best age for it) on Friday and I'm not sure how to fit in both.

How about visiting your nana on friday afternoon and heading down with your dad that same evening? Might work for you! :)
    Polloloca wrote: »
    6lbs down - week 1 of weightwatchers.
    :D:D

Congrats! That is a great start. My second weigh in is in the morning eeep!
    FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    God, do you ever have a conversation with a member of your family and come out of it thinking "does this person know me at all?" :pac:

Twice a day, every single day without fail my dad asks me if I want a cup of tea. I hate tea, always have hated it. Never drank it at all so its not just like I gave it up. Now I just sigh and shake my head.

I had my interview this afternoon. I'm not really sure how it went tbh. Did you ever get that feeling that you are looking at a situation from above and like you're not really there? Freaky. My mind was going way faster than my mouth coz I was nervous and I was nowhere near as articulate as I would have liked to have been. Oh well :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Feeling much better than earlier!

i have managed to calm myself down and put myself in a good humour

and now i have a PMA for this fúcker of an exam!

and my friend apologised and i to her so we is all good me thinks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

bubblefett wrote: »
    I love charity shops! I bought a beautiful Monsoon silk cocktail dress for €8 :) It's puuuurty but just a little tight. So I'm either hoping to either miraculously loose a few pounds in 3 days or I'll invest in some magic knickers :o
    Anyone know if the dunnes or pennys ones are any use or will I have to buy the fancy ones?

Tbh the Dunnes magic knickers are pretty useless for me anyway. They just squeeze all my tummy fat (of which there is plenty) into two sections, and the waist band always rolls down. I'd love to buy some proper Spanx but they're on the wishlist for now.

I'm going to my cousin's wedding in July, have seen a couple of dresses online but I need a couple of weeks' wages in my account first :(
    I'm in my bf's house, waiting for him to come home in 15 mins. It's been almost a month since I last saw him. I is essited :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Heading into hour 12 of my working day, I so want to be out in the sunshine with the doggy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I appear to be having a productive day.

I'm (possibly disproportionately) proud of myself. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

****ing builders next door. i come home from work and all i want to do is relax. now i'm forced to listen to them getting a new kitchen in all fooking night!

on the other side, i think my boyfriend is right, i only really enjoy work when he's around! i'm planning on spending the whole day tomoro in my new place cleaning out my new room! i'm so excited to paint it and all too!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

tatabubbly wrote: »
    ****ing builders next door. i come home from work and all i want to do is relax. now i'm forced to listen to them getting a new kitchen in all fooking night!

this has been happening all day to me while i have been studying! :mad:
    this pic aptly describes the situation!

540294_416428738368433_100000039308029_1671826_351846798_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

My sinuses are so sore. :( It's pressing into the middle of my head, over into my right eye (from behind) and down both my cheeks. Nurofen plus time I think.

Also, I'm becoming increasingly sure that these exams are not going to go even remotely well. We're talking them bending me over the table and doing things best left explained by Keira through the use of sock puppets.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

The baby is playing a game where a homicidal horse is luring the other farm animals onto the roof of the barn and pushing them off one by one saying "Horse kill Sheep!" and then cackling a maniacal equine laugh...

That's not a bad sign, is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Pretty much anytime I speak to a member of my family. At this stage I'm more surprised if I have a "normal" conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

tatabubbly wrote: »

on the other side, i think my boyfriend is right, i only really enjoy work when he's around! i'm planning on spending the whole day tomoro in my new place cleaning out my new room! i'm so excited to paint it and all too!!

You can complain if it passes a certain time, not sure, but I think it's after 7? I'm pretty certain they're not allowed use noisy machinery after a set time anyway :)

Das Kitty wrote: »
    The baby is playing a game where a homicidal horse is luring the other farm animals onto the roof of the barn and pushing them off one by one saying "Horse kill Sheep!" and then cackling a maniacal equine laugh...

That's not a bad sign, is it?

No, he's just re-enforcing his understanding of cause and effect.

But don't annoy him at all. For completely unrelated reasons....

Albection wrote: »
    Keira

Argh! I can spell! I swear, I really can.

Oh forgive me this insult, Great Queen of the forum for most hallowed XX, keeper of smut and mysteries grand, runner up involuntary high jump, 1998.

I've decided that people deserve titles. To recognise their awesomes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Keira

Oh forgive me this insult, Great Queen of the forum for most hallowed XX, keeper of smut and mysteries grand, runner up involuntary high jump, 1998.

[SIZE="1"]I've decided that people deserve titles. To recognise their awesomes.[/SIZE]
    Da fcuk? How am I meant to sign in and out of work with that title? I demand a new title!

Kiera wrote: »
    Da fcuk? How am I meant to sign in and out of work with that title? I demand a new title!

Kiera: The zebra.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Avox wrote: »
    You can complain if it passes a certain time, not sure, but I think it's after 7? I'm pretty certain they're not allowed use noisy machinery after a set time anyway :)

I think it's eleven! See I'm moving out at the end of the month and the dude that owns the house is the brother of the person who owns mine so they do not give two ****s!

Awful cos I feel like I can't stand in my kitchen without being perved upon.

I do however have the ugliest comfiest dressing gown on so it's making me feel a lot better! :D

• Advertisement

Kiera: The zebra.

;)
    Hahahahahaha :D

/cringing at the flashbacks :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I've decided that people deserve titles. To recognise their awesomes.
    Amateur. You left out an X. Now, she's the queen of these guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Feeling very overwhelmed, confused and teary right now. :( I hate feeling so useless, hope it passes soon.

Wish these exams would END, getting bored of them now. Still another week to go, and the worst thing is that we're the first year in the course to finish. Some of the fourth years don't finish for another three weeks, I think I'd lose my mind entirely :/

I meant the karyotype for women. Double X chromosomes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Son; Can I have ketchup please?

Me; Yes, a little bit, it's in the fridge, go get it for yourself

Son; I can't see it

Me; Check the tall cupboard, if it's not in the fridge it'll be in there

Son; Nope, not in there either

Me; Look in the fridge, with your eyes OPEN. It's there. In the door of the fridge

Son; *in thick voice* IT'S NOT HERE

Me; *goes to fridge, takes ketchup from door of fridge and hands it to son while saying ''you're welcome''

Son; Ohhhhhh, THAT door of the fridge....

WFT?????? How many freaking fridge doors do we have?????

*grumble grumble*

I meant the karyotype for women. Double X chromosomes. :D
    You're such an odd little fish, Al. I'll keep you!

My 7 year old daughter has decided she is going to be zoologist. She has also decided that she will be going to America to study as she wants to play basketball in a good college.

Jaysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

My 7 year old daughter has decided she is going to be zoologist. She has also decided that she will be going to America to study as she wants to play basketball in a good college.

Jaysis.

Nice one. When my lad was 7, he wanted to be a hammerhead shark or a speed bump (?????) I sh1t you not.

Could you imagine?

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Nice one. When my lad was 7, he wanted to be a hammerhead shark or a speed bump (?????) I sh1t you not.

:pac:
    I actually proper lol'd

• Advertisement

You're such an odd little fish, Al. I'll keep you!

Yay! \o/ Acceptance!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement