Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

washed my hairy babys bed yesterday and it did not wash well so i had to throw it out.
    Cut to last night, the oh sleep walked lookin for baby constantly then awoke at half 4 to crying under the bed , dog has crawled under and gotten stuck!
    So today i am wrecked and 80euro down from a new dog bed !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Oh java I would have cried too if my chilli burnt! Could you try sleeping in a different room to combat the sleep walking oh and dog? No point in you getting overtired either!

Twomums I hope you don't even think of Aldi next Thursday!!

I slept last night... like obv I still had to get up to pee but I actually slept! And I slept for nearly two hours on the couch today: it is so nice to actually sleep. It's been weeks since I got anything remotely resembling more than an hour of uninterrupted sleep... just sheer bliss :D

Both my mother and mil are driving me LOOPY ringing and texting: yes I know I fainted but god ye ringing me and annoying me is not going to help!!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Aldi will be the last thing on my mind next Thursday :)

Sleep is a wonderful thing - bar peeing three times a night I'm enjoying fairly sound sleep :)

I'm pretty lucky that my mam & MIL don't harass me :) they have both checked I'm ok but don't hound me about it :D I would be driven mad if I was you Cyning :)

Mink - Happy Birthday for yesterday (I think it was yesterday)! I hope you had a lovely day with your sister :D Sorry it's a little late, I was out all day & then baby brain took over :rolleyes:

Kildareash - I believe it is also your birthday this weekend so my birthday wishes to you also :) have a great day on your special day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Mink - Happy Birthday for yesterday (I think it was yesterday)! I hope you had a lovely day with your sister :D Sorry it's a little late, I was out all day & then baby brain took over :rolleyes:

Kildareash - I believe it is also your birthday this weekend so my birthday wishes to you also :) have a great day on your special day :D

Thanks twomums...first birthday in a long time that I haven't been hungover on the bank holiday wkend.
    Was at a wedding yesterday and I was the only one in the group not drinking and Cldnt have a boogie like I normally wld. Felt so miserable. But didn't want to hurt my back again on the dance floor and then for work to see pictures of me dancing in Facebook! Damn social networking!lol!

Hope your having a lovely birthday wked too Mink :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Hello ladies, just catching up on the thread as didn't get on net much while away. Happy birthday kildareash!

Yeah had a great weekend, got feck all sleep, cannot sleep in at all now, it's confirmed! Spent half of my bday babysitting my 3 yr old niece, long story, sis had a bit of an emergency. But it was fine, got to play with cool kid toys all day! Sis took me out for Mexican and we saw 21 jump street (very very funny, do not be put off, well worth seeing).

Just waiting for OH at airport and then get some brunch.

I have to say I'm excited re what aldi might have to offer on Thurs. I really need to get some cellular blankets and onesies and Muslins etc. (autocorrect on iPhone was spelling out Muslims haha)

Sis loaned me" what to expect for the first year". Very good so far, would recommend it to anyone who is feeling a little clueless like me!

That's the very reason we are splitting our wedding over two years as I didn't know how I would be feeling when the day came around & I wanted to be able to celebrate with our guests :)

I don't drink anyway so that parts fine but I would be gutted if I couldn't have a dance :)

Enjoy the rest of your birthday weekend!

Jesus h. Just called OH and he still hasn't left house, spoke to him over 40 mins ago and he was "just leaving". I'd already been waiting an hour in airport before that as didn't want him to have to get up early. Have to wait another half hour

I'm sure he'll make it up to me, grr!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Morning ladies! Haven't been around in awhile. Had my GTT and all was good, if anyone has one coming up it's not as bad as you think it will be! Although I was in there from 7:15 to 11:30am, but they did my 28 week appt. while I was there. 28 week appt. took all of 15 mins though, she measured my bump, scanned me and asked was everything ok, said they'll see me at 36 weeks then!
    Will Aldi be nuts this week? I was planning to try and pop into one on the way to work, my mum is going to try and go to another for me. Going to try and grab some nappies, washing liquid, vests, cellular blankets and some soothers.

Hope you're feeling better Cyning and TwoMums!

Hope he has a special surprise for you back at the house :)

• Advertisement

Eek....the weekly tracker on the what to expect app is down to single digits....aghhhhhhhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Hi ladies
    Yesterday went really well and ds looked gorgeous, I'm wrecked though and my feet were swollen yesterday,but I was wearing high wedges!!!
    We went for dinner after the communion and then we brought the boys to see the avengers,then today ds wanted to get a few bits with his money so we just went to navan sc.
    I'm almost 32 weeks and I was saying to dh the other day, I've only 8 weeks left but 4 if it decides to make an early appearance like ds4 did!!!!! He wasn't impressed as I've nothing done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Hi ladies!

I'm fecked today, danced too much in high heels at my cousins wedding last night! Didn't leave until 3.20am! Had an hours drive then...shattered and broken today.
    Just had to take paracetemol, head killing me, might be the overload of sugar at the wedding, choc fountain, ice cream cones and a sweet table...

Happy birthday Mink and Kildareash :D Hope ye had fab weekends!

Tinkerbell I'm sure you have more done than yuu think: and if not you will get it done!!

Ginny Aldi is always nuts around here! I must go and get another cellular blanket and more babygrows and vests too: I really only have the BARE minimum for hosp in clothes.

And mmm silly a sweet table... I feel really jealous now :p

My friend had a baby boy: all 9pounds 7 ounces of him: massive :eek:

I went properly packing my hospital bag yest: I swear I cannot fit everything in: all of babies stuff takes up the suitcase: I don't even have a pair of pj's in there. And I literally have exactly what they put on the list and nothing extra: I must go back and look at it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Happy Birthday ladies :)

We went for a quick trip today to Irish National Stud in Tully
    there was few horses with young ones and they were feeding them, and I get emotional.
    Our friend who was with us was so terrified and he made some comments to my hubby about psycho- wife.
    OH get upset and almost left him there alone - my hero :D

anyway it was nice day :)
    and I get a nice picture to baby room :)

Our mutual friends came over and the boys had a few drinks, while us pregnant ladies chatted, my friend is due is in 2weeks but they might start her Thursday cause her babys not growing as much as they like.
    My oh is pissed !

Hope he has a special surprise for you back at the house :)

Ah I was just being a grump! I can only be mad at him for about a fifth of a second usually.
    I'm almost 32 weeks and I was saying to dh the other day, I've only 8 weeks left but 4 if it decides to make an early appearance like ds4 did!!!!! He wasn't impressed as I've nothing done

Oh my god you are so close! I keep forgetting I'm due at the end of July and a lot of ye are at the start. I'll probably end up delivering in August!
    silly wrote: »
    Just had to take paracetemol, head killing me, might be the overload of sugar at the wedding, choc fountain, ice cream cones and a sweet table...

Yeah lots of sugar can make you feel unbelievably crappy, I've had coke & cake three days on the trot and I really feel overdosed.
    cyning wrote: »
    My friend had a baby boy: all 9pounds 7 ounces of him: massive :eek:

Jesus babies are really getting bigger and bigger these days. Would love to know the different averages from years ago etc

Javagal - my partner now asks me "how are you feeling, is everything ok" in an evening if she wants a drink as she had thought about having a drink the night I fell :) she would have felt so bad if she had have done & then I needed to drive myself to the hospital :) I usually respond with I'll stay seated for the evening ;)

Sugar hangovers are awful - I don't drink at all but after a night out when all I could get to drink was sports type drinks I was curled in a ball the next day...the alcohol drinkers were all fine & I was a mess...it was very ironic :)

Icecream cones at a wedding sounds super! I'm not a foodie person so I'm hoping to have similar stuff at our do next year :) I would love to know how they had it set up!

Mink babies really are getting bigger! That's what scares me about being told our little one will probably be a big baby as a big baby now really is a BIG baby :eek:

Seeing my consultant again on 17th so hopefully he will be able to let me know if she is still heading for big :) the last guy was his cover so will be interesting to see what my guy says as he exudes calm :)
    He checked her over when I fell and was surprised that she was gone to breech but she seems happy there at the moment!

Is anyone not experiencing Braxton Hicks? I don't think I've had any but it seems like most of you have so I'm starting to wonder if my belly is being lazy about its exercise - that wouldn't be surprising :D

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Is anyone not experiencing Braxton Hicks? I don't think I've had any but it seems like most of you have so I'm starting to wonder if my belly is being lazy about its exercise - that wouldn't be surprising :D

No braxton hicks for me either I don't think, and I also have an upside down breech giant child to deal with. Down to the single digits in the weekly count down, baby room not inhabitable by even the filthiest most mess-blind homeless person let alone a poor giant baby, no hospital bag, nothing for hospital bag in my possession. no way to hospital figured out. full. blown. freak. out. And still I can't bring myself to get organised. I was like this in school and college too, last minute cramming the night before. Cop on woman!
    </freakout>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Lots of Brax Hicks. Thought it was baba stickin his butt out or something first till my friend said it was brax hicks. I had expect discomfort or pain which is why I didn`t cop what they were.

Lots of braxton hicks here too...I was expecting more pain. But the only way I can describe it is like a muscle spasm. Uncomfortable for a few seconds till it passes.

At my GP appt last week, the nurse said it's to early for baby to be in position. Think it starts to turn for out at 32 weeks or something like that.

Had a really bold junk food binge yesterday. :(

Kildareash you are right they can keep moving at this stage. He was just surprised as she has been transverse for ages so wasn't expecting her head to pop up on the scan where it did :) funny thing is I was at the docs that morn, doc had a feel & said she was head down although not in a fixed position. Got home & she was wiggling about all morning including a very big movement across my belly...that night when consultant scanned her she was breech so I guess she didn't like being upside down :D

I'm just washing my first load of baby clothes :) they are so cute!

I have also made a list of different brands weight & height for size 0-3 months (I plan to do it for all sizes) as they range from up to 12lbs to up to 15lbs depending on the make yet they are all 0-3 months! I think it will help to know which sizes will last a little shorter/longer etc :) I now know tesco are on the generous size while asda run on the smaller end - should help with future shopping :)

Mink,Cyning,Friday,
    one of the girls who was pregnant while we were on the ttc thread is pregnant again,
    which lead me to read back over when we were there and read all our posts when we got our positives, im now teary eyed and emotional!
    Such an amazing journey with you ladies x

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

No braxton hicks here either. Plenty of rib kicking though! In 9 weeks I should be a mammy :eek: Cannot believe it!

My brother gave us 6 big boxes of clothes for 0-6 months that belong to my niece who is 10 months old - she got so many presents when she was born that half the clothes still have the tags on. And my mum's friend gave us a crib which is practically new. Getting sorted slowly but surely and getting very excited!

Mink, hope your OH treated you to a nice lunch to make up for being late!

Cyning I know what you mean about the hospital bag - my labour bag is packed to capacity but I have a case for the ward which I'm not filling because I plan to have OH bring me in stuff and take away the dirty stuff. Though the case is rather large ;)

2mums - you all set for your big day on Thurs?

Mamaheidi - getting there :) got shoes on Saturday! Looked great out shopping with my scabby nose & black eye :) scab came off sat night & eye is much better so looking fairly normal again :D

Have to get hair cut tomorrow, that was meant to be last Wednesday but A&E took priority :) but after that we are fairly sorted!

Next year will be a far more busy affair...we are keeping this one pretty relaxed :)

Re clothes - that's what concerns me! I do hope that people shoot for 6ish months rather than anything smaller as I would hate to see gifts not get used! If she is as long as expected she won't be in 0-3 that long & may never see newborn :) we rarely buy clothes as gifts as everyone tends to, you end up with loads of one size & clothes preference is so personal!

We have bought 4 or 5 leapfrog twinkle twinkles (violet & scout) as newborn gifts - each & every set of parents have commented on what a god send it is for getting their baby to sleep! So we are def getting one for our little one :)

Bought sheets and things today... trying to pick up bits and pieces all the time: easier to spend €20 a week than €100 in one go!

Java when I think of ttc to now: it seems a million years ago!!

I reckon the reason my bh are painful is from pulling muscles at the start in my belly: like even when they feel my bump it is so tender all of the time! Otherwise I doubt I'd notice them!

I'm definately going to have to relook at my bag for labour wrad and case too!

cyning wrote: »
    Bought sheets and things today... trying to pick up bits and pieces all the time: easier to spend €20 a week than €100 in one go!

Java when I think of ttc to now: it seems a million years ago!!

I reckon the reason my bh are painful is from pulling muscles at the start in my belly: like even when they feel my bump it is so tender all of the time! Otherwise I doubt I'd notice them!

I'm definately going to have to relook at my bag for labour wrad and case too!

Do you have too much stuff in your labour bag? I have a case for ward which is full(well packed to the brim)for me and baby and then labour bag with few bits for baby,still have to add last minute stuff like tooth brush charger etc.

Two mums. So excited to hear all about Thursday! Post us a picture if ya feel that way inclined!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

I've been trying to look back on old posts to find where some of you put up a list for your hospital bag, too many posts!! If anyone has one handy could you please post up for me, trying to get my act together and start packing...
    I went up to visit my friend up north and I got a pack of 6 Tommy Tipee bottles reduced in Sainsbury for £4!! absolute bargain... They are tinted pink or blue, the clear bottles were not reduced.. The link below are the ones I got, except a box of 6.. Smyths also have some good offers on at the minute.. The advent Microwave steriliser kit with free bottle is reduced to half price, €12.50, I seen this for £26 up north so even at full price it was cheaper in Dublin... just need to shop around..

http://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/product/260ml_easivent_decorated_bottle_x_2_/

Advertisement