Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

bluewolf wrote: »
    oh, it's so refreshing to read female fantasy writers, and good ones

like Stephanie Meyer :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Beks, that sounds awful. I'm sorry. I hope you're okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

krudler wrote: »
    fcuking hell, where was this?

Toronto, north at Yorkdale station.

Can't stop thinking about that poor man.

The whole way back I was thinking 'maybe there's a bigger gap between the platform and the train than I remember...maybe his legs are fine'. But I got off and looked...there's about an inch, if even.

I mentioned it to one of the subway guys at my stop and he said they were responding to 'an incident' at Yorkdale but he had no information.

Jesus I fcuking wish I could unsee it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Jeez Beks, that's horrible, that poor man

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

krudler wrote: »
    like Stephanie Meyer :pac:

she doesn't count as a writer

and definitely not a fantasy one

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Trudi canavan! :D

Also, special dinner for girlfriend was successful. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

kate elliott, robin hobb, katharine kerr were more who I had in mind...

I'm reading this at the moment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Golden_Key_(novel)

brilliant

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Beks, maybe you could call the station and ask?
    I know they wouldn't give out personal info but maybe they could tell you something about his condition considering you were a witness.

That sounds like an awful thing to have happened and to have seen. It's a reminder that even if you commute by train and get them every day, you still have to be so careful around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Christ, Beks. I'm sorry you have that in your head. I would second Posy's suggestion. They may even be looking for witnesses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I just posted a HORRIFIC photo of me online. Hanging from last night. I should be really embarrased. I know this. However, I am clearly missing too many braincells as I currently think its pretty funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'd go with the higher level - if it decides classes etc for next year it'll push you more and improve your French more. Also I've noticed that French students would put "fluent English" on their CV a lot faster than Irish students would put "fluent French" so it is possible that their definition of fluency would be different to yours!

Thanks a million, you're a legend! :D I put down the higher level and got an email from the law school telling me to do so because it's the level I'll be taking language classes at and the registration process doesn't make that clear at all. I'm starting to feel scared now, it's going to be really difficult :o

Hope you're okay Beks, what a horrible thing to see :( I hope you can find out what happened and it's better than expected, to put your mind at rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Jesus beks.. that's horrendous! I don't suppose it'd be worth ringing the station and asking about him? I don't know if they'd be allowed to tell you any details, but it might be worth a shot? It might help to know, one way or the other, how things turned out. Poor guy :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Starokan

bluewolf wrote: »
    kate elliott, robin hobb, katharine kerr were more who I had in mind...

I'm reading this at the moment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Golden_Key_(novel)

brilliant

love robin hobb, especially the farseer trilogy, sara douglass has some really good stuff too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Links234 wrote: »
    Trudi canavan! :D

<3 The Black Magician trilogy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Beks, I hope you're alright. That sounds petrifying!

I went to the doctor about that "fit/blackout" I had last week and she didn't really know what it was. Her only real suggestion was that it may have been a panic attack without the panic but I'm still freaked out a week later and not having a definite diagnosis is not helping.
    I also found out that my brother gets tingling in his fingers too so I'm even more worried now.

Also, I found this and thought it was very apt for this thread!
    9947.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Well, the thing of men fighting over women was taken to new levels this evening on the bus to Tesco with my friend.... two guys, one just out of jail, the other who has been in and out for twenty years, threatening each other for our honour.... if it wasn't so terrifying because we were between them and they were proper threatening each other with intent, it'd be funny...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

I work in the phone business and I concurr that Blackberrys should be banned from my shop :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Blackberry is probably the only brand of phone I've never owned and have no desire to own!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Blackberry is probably the only brand of phone I've never owned and have no desire to own!

I HATE them with a passion.. Not only are the most dodgy phone on the planet they are also the worst looking IMO..

If I hear another teenager whine that their blackberry messenger isnt working.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

No worries almostnever, it seems scarier now than it will be when you get there, I swear. I had panics about having to come home after a week and sure after the first few days it was fine!

Beks, that's really awful, you poor thing. Hope you manage to find out if the man was okay, horrible to not be able to do anything about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Just got into bed with the first game of thrones book. Have heard so much hype about it I hope I enjoy it, am not mad about fantasy but as long as its not TOO mad I should enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Went on a mad cleaning fit...currently sitting on the kitchen floor separating blacks, whites and everything else.

I also have SO much underwear, its ridiculous!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Jeez Beks that sounds horrendous! Look after yourself. I'm guessing you're in some shock after seeing that.

I cycled 37km today. Think I can sleep now? Nooooo. :mad: So very annoying. I really don't want to start popping pills but I may need to.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Well. Well I never. There is absolutely no point inviting people over for bank holiday drinks if the puppy is just going to be a big slut and slobber all over them and give me no love*. Grump grump grump.

*I may be secretly delighted about how sociable he is. But I would like a licky ol cuddle off him all the same.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

So I have just found out that Adam Yauch's (from the Beastie Boys) cancer was in the same place where mine was. This seems to have really hit me for two reasons:
    1. I have never heard of anyone else having a cancer there
    2. I have never heard of anyone dying from a cancer there

I know I prob come across as really selfish now but that just took me by surprise. I do still feel terrible for his suffering and what his family is going through and I hope they can all get through this tough time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

No mcr that's not selfish, it's funny how it affects you when you've been through it yourself. Bound to hit a little harder when it's so close to home. X

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

So I have just found out that Adam Yauch's (from the Beastie Boys) cancer was in the same place where mine was. This seems to have really hit me for two reasons:

I know I prob come across as really selfish now but that just took me by surprise. I do still feel terrible for his suffering and what his family is going through and I hope they can all get through this tough time.

Its totally ok to feel like that! *cuddles*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Lying naked like a starfish on my king size bed just cause of jäger bombs and I can :D

Will totally delete the above post when I wake up and cop on to what I just did :D

• Advertisement

I didn't like his music but know how big they were to rap. Cancer is the devil and it's cruel.

I didnt know you had cancer babe?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement