Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Sorry to hear that stupidusername, break ups are always hard even when everything else is going ok in you life.

Hope everyone else is doing ok?
    I'm ok, knackered just down from a very long day in the hills, another one tomorrow, it's great though to get out and do some mountaineering for once.

Signed up for that AWARE program so fingers cross I get a place, I was looking at the ones in Dublin, kinda a pity they've none in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Hi All,

I'm off to bed now as its late, so have a good sleep everyone. Remember, when you wake up in the morning, say to yourself, "There is nobody out there who is better or more important than me":cool:
    Goodnight,
    John:)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

stupidusername, I'm sorry to hear that. :(

Me personally: the low of the past month seems to have lifted and my sleep has suddenly switched back into a good pattern for me, so yah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

cloud493 wrote: »
    Oh dear :( I'm sorry.
    @ Stupidusername, hopefully you've had some sleep. Breaking up is hard, worse when you need the person, i know it's a platitude but the pain will lessen. *Hugs*
    jbyrne10 wrote: »
    Hi Stupidusername,

Sorry to hear that, but it will pass. I know its not what you want to hear right now, but there is plenty of fish in the sea. So what I want you to do is
    pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again.
    John:cool:
    Gillo wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that stupidusername, break ups are always hard even when everything else is going ok in you life.

Hope everyone else is doing ok?
    I'm ok, knackered just down from a very long day in the hills, another one tomorrow, it's great though to get out and do some mountaineering for once.

Signed up for that AWARE program so fingers cross I get a place, I was looking at the ones in Dublin, kinda a pity they've none in town.

its back on [Ive heard from the horses mouth] and no its not me by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I am all over the place! Having a wee cry now over nothing! Sleep pattern is nuts.

My pill app has been acting up and I've been a mess taking my meds >_< Dope!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

At the moment i only have to take three tablets a day and i can barely remember them, managed one yesterday. I blame the lyrica i used be on, made shreds of my memory..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Well yay stupidusername then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Really down today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Really down today

Anything happening Snoopy?

Nothing is happening. Ive not spoken to anybody in 2 days. Ive no friends. All ive got is my boyfriend, and hes coming over later to break up with me because im too needy.
    My family are in another country.

I wish id actually been in work this weekend, crying my eyes out now

• Advertisement

Nothing is happening. Ive not spoken to anybody in 2 days. Ive no friends. All ive got is my boyfriend, and hes coming over later to break up with me because im too needy.
    My family are in another country.

I wish id actually been in work this weekend, crying my eyes out now

Sorry to hear that Snoopy. I've gotten the too needy put down a few times, never feels good.

I just dont know what to do anymore. Im not from Ireland, and ive never really made friends here. Its always been a commen complaint, with boyfriends that ive become too needy, but i dont know what else to do.
    Im constantly injured at the moment, and i dont feel good about myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Advice is very much welcome on this (but no diagnoses just what to ask for in the docs or if theres any point going just nervous about what to tell her is going on):
    I went to the dr's bout depression before christmas, its still there now but for the last two weeks I've had constant psychical symptoms, 2 weeks ago I had trouble sleeping and became dehydrated, then a few days after that started happening I got a virus like thing for a week which came the day after an intense workout so ive stopped going for fear of getting too worn down in the final weeks of my degree, I feel like i don't have the energy.

For the past week I've got 8 hours sleep but wake up with pounding headaches and blood shot eyes and can barely walk or think, I'm extremely slow at doing any simple task and have been leaving things on and hurting myself by accident a lot I just feel like half my brain has gone to sleep and I keep trying to rest but its not going away, I think its depression again but I don't know what to say to her, I don't want meds, I think I need her to know my condition and maybe ask for iron levels tested or hormones maybe as ive had a period every two weeks for the last six weeks or maybe its hormones im sad and tired a lot of the time but sometimes im crying for no reason, I nearly collapsed [my knees went like jelly and i slumped down for a second while waiting at a light] on my bike in traffic yesterday and I can't stop crying the last few days I don't know if I should work through it or is there any point seeing my doctor if im in counselling and dont want meds... what else is she supposed to do is there any point??

saa wrote: »
    Advice is very much welcome on this (but no diagnoses just what to ask for in the docs or if theres any point going just nervous about what to tell her is going on):
    I went to the dr's bout depression before christmas, its still there now but for the last two weeks I've had constant psychical symptoms, 2 weeks ago I had trouble sleeping and became dehydrated, then a few days after that started happening I got a virus like thing for a week which came the day after an intense workout so ive stopped going for fear of getting too worn down in the final weeks of my degree, I feel like i don't have the energy.

For the past week I've got 8 hours sleep but wake up with pounding headaches and blood shot eyes and can barely walk or think, I'm extremely slow at doing any simple task and have been leaving things on and hurting myself by accident a lot I just feel like half my brain has gone to sleep and I keep trying to rest but its not going away, I think its depression again but I don't know what to say to her, I don't want meds, I think I need her to know my condition and maybe ask for iron levels tested or hormones maybe as ive had a period every two weeks for the last six weeks or maybe its hormones im sad and tired a lot of the time but sometimes im crying for no reason, I nearly collapsed [my knees went like jelly and i slumped down for a second while waiting at a light] on my bike in traffic yesterday and I can't stop crying the last few days I don't know if I should work through it or is there any point seeing my doctor if im in counselling and dont want meds... what else is she supposed to do is there any point??

When I first went to the doctor about my depression I had blood tests done to check if there was any medical reason for my symptoms. Tell her all the physical symptoms and she will know what tests to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 headlikea

I just dont know what to do anymore. Im not from Ireland, and ive never really made friends here. Its always been a commen complaint, with boyfriends that ive become too needy, but i dont know what else to do.
    Im constantly injured at the moment, and i dont feel good about myself
    Hi Snoopy, I'm only new to Boards and just found this thread 20 minutes ago, I am concerned for you at the moment and if you feel that you have no one to talk to, will you consider ringing 'The Samaritans' - if I'm allowed to put their number up- 1850- 60-90-90, that number is a 24 hour service and they are there to talk to you if you are down. Or google 'Dublin Samaritans' It's all confidential - Sorry if Samaritans have been mentioned on a previous page, i haven't read the entire thread yet, just trying to help and don't mean to be advertising samaritans but it's a voluntary group.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

When I first went to the doctor about my depression I had blood tests done to check if there was any medical reason for my symptoms. Tell her all the physical symptoms and she will know what tests to run.

Thanks, I suppose I felt overwhelmed by it or worried that I would sit down and she would be like there's nothing wrong with you or nothing I can do, will just try and write down symptoms and try and tell her clearly what has changed and hopefully won't be told ah im just stressed with the end of college, its really been affecting my work so im worried shes gonna think im looking for an excuse or this is just normal for the end of a degree year.. not sure why im so worried about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Don't even know how to put into words how bad I feel, I'm just not here anymore. Taking the baldness so hard that I think what is point trying anymore. Went to the train station during the week but know i'll never have the balls to do anything. So I'm caught in a place being ready to go but too afraid to do anything. Just hoping that if it goes like this for long enough it give me a moment of craziness where it all ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

Bank holiday week-ends can be exceptionally difficult for people of all kinds and if you are in a low place they can be particularly hard. the high expectation that they should be a fun, relaxing time can add to the pressure.

To those who are suffering badly - perhaps try to hope that things just might feel a little better after the week-end and park the worst thoughts for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

helen48 wrote: »
    I went to my doctor about this and he wanted me to take a load of tablets to"fix" it,I refused and am still struggling on,I feel I have nothing to live for,its the same thing every day,and I can't stop sleeping,im just drained from it,I have stopped telling friends as i feel i am moaning all the time,the over eating to the point of being sick is ongoing,and I'm picking rows wit himself for no reason,I feel if i go on tablets the weight will pile on and that's the last thing I need,its hard enough fitting in society at a size16

So grateful for someone who feels like I do - am now officially obese and it has added to my self hatred. Looking in the mirror has become a nightmare. I hate getting dressed, having a shower, anything that reminds me of my size. And I feel like people do look at me differently because of my size. Ugh. And with depression, its hard to motivate myself to do anything about it

Really down today
    Can't wait for this weekend to end. I'm in work tomorrow so its ending soon for me

• Advertisement

I cannot stop crying! Mess!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

I cannot stop crying! Mess!

*hugs* to you. xxx

Well i had a chat with other half. Hes getting sick of me being so needy and grumpy.
    So im going to have to try and work on that

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Izzie11

Was recommended this website http://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/resources/consumers.cfm and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with it? Its basically CBT treatment.

The workbooks seem quite good but not sure if I have the motivation right now to get stuck into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

The moods ok, keep getting a massive drop but luckily it doesn't seem to last top long. Absolutely knackered though, that was a long weekend!
    Hope everyone else is holding up ok.

I just had a short panic attack there. Filling out forms for a job I did in college I should have submitted weeks ago, and I'm having trouble filling parts out, and I got really panicked. Think I'm a bit worried to go to the office and ask for help cause I'm so late submitting it. I'm kinda considering not submitting it, which means I won't get paid for my work, which makes no sense :(

Uch I don't know whats wrong with me lately, haven't been this bad in well over a year!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Had my Venlafaxine upped to 225mg on Friday,feel very spaced out of it for most of the day after I take it.Hopefully it wears off once my body gets used to the dose.

Well i had a chat with other half. Hes getting sick of me being so needy and grumpy.
    So im going to have to try and work on that

At least it wasn't the end for ye :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I don't think i'll ever not have these insecurities. I hate watching everything that goes on.it's so tiring. I need it to stop. So now I just think let it go,it doesn't have to mean anything,but I just can't.

• Advertisement

jammstarr wrote: »
    At least it wasn't the end for ye :)

Ive a feeling it wont be long though :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement