Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD Black Ops 2] News and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

hightower1 wrote: »
    lol thats hillarious! Mechs in a COD game. :D

Alsmost as funny as the fan boy reactions of "Its only a pic I wont judge yet" soon to be followed by "its only a trailer I wont judge yet" the the eventual "its only a demo I wont judge yet"! lmao.

Any new games opening salvo of promo items sets the tone and intention of the game itself and its pretty clear what that is thus far. I always said COD would have to work hard to win back faith from those likemyself who left mw3 due to franchise fatiuge and broken mechanics but THIS is exactly the opposite of what was needed.

....lol, mechs in a COD game. :D:eek::confused::D
    You don't have to be a fanboy or have any sort of affiliation towards the game to see that judging it from those two pictures is rather idiotic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

There's been more than 2 pics posted here... If the above is legit then, to me, it looks stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

hightower1 wrote: »
    lol thats hillarious! Mechs in a COD game. :D

Alsmost as funny as the fan boy reactions of "Its only a pic I wont judge yet" soon to be followed by "its only a trailer I wont judge yet" the the eventual "its only a demo I wont judge yet"! lmao.

Any new games opening salvo of promo items sets the tone and intention of the game itself and its pretty clear what that is thus far. I always said COD would have to work hard to win back faith from those likemyself who left mw3 due to franchise fatiuge and broken mechanics but THIS is exactly the opposite of what was needed.

....lol, mechs in a COD game. :D:eek::confused::D

Fanboy? Good lad...

There's been more than 2 pics posted here... If the above is legit then, to me, it looks stupid.

Okay "couple" was the wrong word but I'm not going to judge the game on a few pictures. I thought BLOPs was a really good game so if this I even close to that I'd be happier than with MW3

IPAM wrote: »
    Okay "couple" was the wrong word but I'm not going to judge the game on a few pictures. I thought BLOPs was a really good game so if this I even close to that I'd be happier than with MW3

I'm not one to normally jump to judgements. Guess it's cause I feel so let down with MW3 and the whole Elite f*ck up that I'm approaching this with a more narrow mind.

If this was some sort of a balance between COD 4 and Black Ops I'd probably jizz my pants over it but just don't see that happening.

Only time will tell I suppose.

• Advertisement

I'm not one to normally jump to judgements. Guess it's cause I feel so let down with MW3 and the whole Elite f*ck up that I'm approaching this with a more narrow mind.

If this was some sort of a balance between COD 4 and Black Ops I'd probably jizz my pants over it but just don't see that happening.

Only time will tell I suppose.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic :(

I wonder if Treyarch will try sort Elite out?

Lol

:D

I'm moving from optimistic to ridiculous now aren't I :o:D

IPAM wrote: »
    I'm moving from optimistic to ridiculous now aren't I :o:D

Right on the money :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

People are complaining because it looks different, the same people would complain if it was a reskinned Blops (like MW3). Ill be waiting for Multiplayer details before jumping to conclusions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

I personally think a more futuristic style could do this series good. Especially since Halo is a bit too bland for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭klose

Like someone said a futuristic one was the next logical step, it'll be pretty intradesting to see how it goes and am looking forward to the trailer. Blops imo had no real sequal in terms of the stoory come to think about it.

I don't get how a full on war in LA is black operation-y but whatever yanno...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

about 13 mins until the trailer reveal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

so where's the trailer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Site crashed. Wont be up for another 3 months :D

LOL :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

meh, the setting doesnt bother me as long as it plays well, its different at least, it was either going to be more cold war stuff, which they've done , more WW2 stuff which I never want to play again, or more current/MW era stuff which would be just more of the same.

Woods was a favorite of mine, wasn't a huge fan of Hudson or Mason. Regardless the game is set in 2024 or something. Woods and Mason were in 'Nam during like 1968, woods would be in his eighties or there abouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Woods was awesome, they could be doing some levels at different points in history, like they did in Black ops maybe?

zero19 wrote: »
    Woods was awesome, they could be doing some levels at different points in history, like they did in Black ops maybe?

Flashback maybe, Reznov had a flashback mission during WWII's end in the arctic circle, so maybe Woods would have a run in with the founding of the Evil Organization Rumored to be called Tacitus.

Also:

Call of Duty: ‏ @CallofDuty

The Call of Duty World Reveal is coming. US fans: Tune in to the @NBAonTNT Playoffs, Tues May 1 @ 9pm EDT. Everyone else - stay right here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

It's a glorified map pack with a €60 premium. I despair at people lapping this stuff up. It's fair enough to like these games (after all, there's no accounting for taste :p) but to buy essentially the same game year in, year out is depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

I thought Woods was kinda boring. Hudson was a much more interesting character and of course RESSSSNOOOVVVV but it's a shame "spoiler"
    he wasn't really there
    :eek:

• Advertisement

Thomasheen wrote: »
    I thought Woods was kinda boring. Hudson was a much more interesting character and of course RESSSSNOOOVVVV but it's a shame "spoiler"
    he wasn't really there
    :eek:

"Mason, We will not Falter." and "We are all brothers without flags." God Reznov was so cool to listen to. Mostly because he was a Russian. :p
    Still interesting even when dead, speaks a lot about the characters in the campaign. To be honest I hated Bowman so much. Such a terrible character. Woods was decent because he was vocal and had an opinion. Unlike bowman who was simply: "Hey Mason. I'm Tired, go f*ck yourself commie *dead*"

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

Lol they even let the ginger sit down. What kind of sick regime are they running :D

Audio up on Callofduty.com of Woods sounding very old and saying. "Aside from the fact I'm still alive, none of this surprises me."

And the Premise of BLOPS2 Is a futuristic 'Cold War'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

The soldier in the second picture looks waaaay too much like an ODST from Halo.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110213073424/halo/images/d/d5/The_Rookie_Concept_Art_halo3_odst.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 53,879 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I rather if they went back to WW2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Let me guess, the bad guys are the Russians again and the final boss is Vladimir Kalashnikov?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I don't seem to share the same hate for call of duty as everyone else :rolleyes: so I'm really looking forward to this, I've liked all the call of dutys up to this point, and black ops had an amazing campaign :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

cloud493 wrote: »
    I don't seem to share the same hate for call of duty as everyone else

Whining about CoD is how you know you're a "real gamer™"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Really enjoyed COD4 and WaW. MW3 was the low point of the series for me, traded it in after two days.
    I would much prefer if they kept it simple and cut the crap, know it won't happen though.
    I don't have an issue with the engine, may just need some tweaking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Running out of ideas, now.

Advertisement