Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC off topic '12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭ohsurelook

Ive never heard of that song before in my life

You haven't lived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Indiego wrote: »
    Random post but whatever
    I learned the most awesomest thing today..
    You know the song 'La cucharacha'? I learned the words/translation of it today and its so funny..

'La cucharacha, la cucharacha, ya no puedes caminar, porque no tienes, porque no falta, la patitas de atras..'

'the cockroach, the cockroache, he cannot walk, because he doesn't have, because he doesn't have, any back legs..'
    doesn't have quite the ring to it in english...

I'm bored k...
    Ive never heard of that song before in my life :o

0.o
    you know that really stereotypical Mexican song thats always played in like movies and stuff..? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

SChique00 wrote: »
    We watched Au Revoir Les Enfants in French - disturbing film...

"All you wanna do is ride around Sally - ROIDE SALLEE ROIDE..." :D Have ye seen The Snapper? :P
    Whats the French film about :L Next time we've a free french (tomorrow XD) ill see if the teacher has it.. :D

agreed.. watched 3 movies today, the commitments, 12 angry men and step brothers.. fun fun fun..

"All you wanna do is ride around Sally - ROIDE SALLEE ROIDE..." :D Have ye seen The Snapper? :P

Haha

nope :/ kinda wanna see it now :P

0.o
    you know that really stereotypical Mexican song thats always played in like movies and stuff..? :P
    Not a clue :L Never Ever Heard It!!! :P

• Advertisement

0.o
    Not a clue :L Never Ever Heard It!!! :P

Google it lad.. XD

Google it lad.. XD
    I will there in a few minutes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭KirkCheated09

I'm having a similar day to SlowShow I have to say. I really need to cop on t'**** and keep my eyes on the prize. The only subjects I'm properly studying are maths and science, I'm trying Irish but I really hate the subject. I'm making/learning notes at the slowest rate possible atm. The only exams I'm confident are atm are Tg, french and english.
    Irish is going to be the death of me.. It's my second exam and if it doesn't go well I'm not gonna be able to concentrate on the others. I didn't start study until 6oclock today ffs.

Just gonna buckle down and get it over with.

/rant but I'm really disappointed in today's study efforts. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

http://tiny.cc/0qlldw me on a good day

agreed.. watched 3 movies today, the commitments, 12 angry men and step brothers.. fun fun fun..

Yanoo jimmys dad in the commitments? He's my 2nd cousin :D

• Advertisement

paddyzk wrote: »
    http://tiny.cc/0qlldw me on a good day

She'd get it.

Yanoo jimmys dad in the commitments? He's my 2nd cousin :D

That's a decent film.

She'd get it.

Too right SON

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

Not great for me either with regards school. Outside of school, I took up guitar, greatly increased my popularity, started Jiu Jitsu and had loads of time to try and get my body to perfection .

Lol same as me - all of my growth and development as a person happened away from school. I really got to know people and made loads of new friends, started going out more because I had more free time to play with, really got into boxing and started going to the gym (so sad because I'll only be able to do it twice a week next year :() and started singing in the choir :) Oh, and the TY Ball ;)

So yeah, it's good if you need a break, but come May you will be sick of it and be dying to get back into some real work (unless you never worked in the first place) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Never seen "The Snapper"(Is that the film based on the Roddy Doyle book.)

I have seen " Au Revoir Les Enfants " shocking stuff.

I'm having a similar day to SlowShow I have to say. I really need to cop on t'**** and keep my eyes on the prize. The only subjects I'm properly studying are maths and science, I'm trying Irish but I really hate the subject. I'm making/learning notes at the slowest rate possible atm. The only exams I'm confident are atm are Tg, french and english.
    Irish is going to be the death of me.. It's my second exam and if it doesn't go well I'm not gonna be able to concentrate on the others. I didn't start study until 6oclock today ffs.

Just gonna buckle down and get it over with.

/rant but I'm really disappointed in today's study efforts. :/

Awh.. seriously don't put yourself down! People always, always, always, do better than they expect in the exams, you have plenty of time too! :)

Literally could do ridiculously well without studying

ohsurelook wrote: »
    Yea, but like you couldn't pull a Leia.. ;)

Whats the French film about :L Next time we've a free french (tomorrow XD) ill see if the teacher has it.. :D

It's about a French boy's boarding school in the '40s - good film but just a tad depressing :L

Yea, but like you couldn't pull a Leia.. ;)

-_-

• Advertisement

Yea, but like you couldn't pull a Leia..

ELABORATE

ELABORATE
    10 As ;)

It's frickin' hilarious - Colm Meaney is a legend and a half :D yes, it's based on the Barrytown trilogy, along with The Commitments and The Van :)

We only watched up to the bit where Julien wets the bed... does it get any better from there?

It's frickin' hilarious - Colm Meaney is a legend and a half :D yes, it's based on the Barrytown trilogy, along with The Commitments and The Van :)

We only watched up to the bit where Julien wets the bed... does it get any better from there?

Colm Meanys ma cuz :D Noone ever knows who he is though.. XD

Awh.. seriously don't put yourself down! People always, always, always, do better than they expect in the exams, you have plenty of time too! :)

Exactly! I didn't properly learn off my Irish notes until the morning of the exam and in the break between the papers (I got seriously lucky with the listening paper) no joke :eek: and I still pulled a B :) that's not to say you should follow my example, but quite beating yourself up! Focus on what you have learned, not on what you have yet to learn ;)

And on that final post of motivation, lads and lassies, I bid ye goodnight - I'll probably be wide awake at 4 o'clock in the morning but I don't care :p

Night all!

I could get a lot of b's and a few c's without study and maybe an a or 2 .. but they're just average results.

I was thinking about doing that at the end of the year.Or maybe they'll go to a needy home :)

Exactly! I didn't properly learn off my Irish notes until the morning of the exam and in the break between the papers (I got seriously lucky with the listening paper) no joke :eek: and I still pulled a B :) that's not to say you should follow my example, but quite beating yourself up! Focus on what you have learned, not on what you have yet to learn ;)

And on that final post of motivation, lads and lassies, I bid ye goodnight - I'll probably be wide awake at 4 o'clock in the morning but I don't care :p

Night all!
    Night Sarah! :D

• Advertisement

Colm Meanys ma cuz :D Noone ever knows who he is though.. XD

I WANT HIS AUTOGRAPH :D

How can you not know Colm Meaney? He's one of the best actors to come out of this country!

Advertisement