Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

An oil strainer would be my guess.

no no, thats ALANstrainor to you mister!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Ah I know, I saw it myself, there was a Gold EK9(I think) at the time that I could never catch....straights or not:eek:

I prefer the skyline though, I used two suspension set ups, one for grip driving, then a few tweaks in the pits later, and it was back out for some endless sliding fun....you can't do that it a civic/teg:P

On the evidence of the racing today, DC2's can get very, very sideways....:eek::pac:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Go on..

Lovely nissan micra, 1.0 price agreed just have to get it checked out by mechanic!

Lovely nissan micra, 1.0 price agreed just have to get it checked out by mechanic!

thats a lie anyway....please say thats a lie :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

On the evidence of the racing today, DC2's can get very, very sideways....:eek::pac:

Lift off oversteer is never as much fun as power over drifting with linked corners though:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

thats a lie anyway....please say thats a lie :(

Not at all:D

Lift off oversteer is never as much fun as power over drifting with linked corners though:D

Yeah I know.............I miss the Supra :(

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Honda fanboyism at its finest! They arent some out of this world cars, Id take a tuned S14 over a tuned Civic any day of the week.

Sure I drive a Golf most of the time........I've only ever owned one Honda!

I'd take the S14 as a road car all day long but as a track car........your crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

May have a new car in the morn...the one person on here who knows what's up better not say anything or they're banned!

I managed to hide the fact i was buying an e30 for 3 WHOLE MONTHS! I caved though about a week before i got it and only told two of the lads. Then half an hour after i got it one of the belts snapped and i had to wait for another two days until i could tell people. How i didnt burst ill never know!

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Its Simple:

RWD and larger displacement engine which will give you more room for tuning.

Absolutely, which is why it would be a better road car....

How many S14's have you seen lined up on that track for ITCC or Time Attack....and then compare that to the amount of Honda's.

• Advertisement

Yeah I know.............I miss the Supra :(

I know the feeling....

I need to get back to this some day:

IMG_2073.jpg
    IMG_2386.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Alan, is this the one by any chance?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3247034

That belongs to my aunt in Enniscorthy and she told me that a guy called Alan viewed it today. I serviced it a few times so she thinks I should know what happens it haha

Alan, is this the one by any chance?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3247034

That belongs to my aunt in Enniscorthy and she told me that a guy called Alan viewed it today. I serviced it a few times so she thinks I should know what happens it haha

That looks like it. It's a flier! Way faster than the polo!

I know the feeling....

I need to get back to this some day:

Never mind that stop off into the cinema car park some evening and teach me how to do donuts. Share the knowledge! And then give me discount on tyres!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

That looks like it. It's a flier! Way faster than the polo!

Faster than the Polo?? Does the fact that it doesn't have power steering not put you off? I found it quite tough at times!

mrs crilly wrote: »
    Never mind that stop off into the cinema car park some evening and teach me how to do donuts. Share the knowledge! And then give me discount on tyres!

Donuts are too easy. Once you can turn your steering wheel and press the accelerator you can do them :D

Your E30 is too tidy for that though....buy a tatty 320 and weld the diff for lessons:P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Faster than the Polo?? Does the fact that it doesn't have power steering not put you off? I found it quite tough at times!

It did a bit, but i could do with buffing up, saves on the gym membership!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

:eek:
    I cant believe TT just called Mrs C a granny.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

Indeed, the missus had the exact same 98 version of your Aunts and Fnck me it was tough to steer. My first set of wheels was a 95 micra classic and the steering was a lot lighter in it IIRC for some reason.

Alan, is this some kind of special sleeper you've bought to compensate not going for a T Sport?? Theres a maxima engine in it right??

• Advertisement

Donuts are too easy. Once you can turn your steering wheel and press the accelerator you can do them :D

Your E30 is too tidy for that though....buy a tatty 320 and weld the diff for lessons:P

Ah i can kinda do them but i chicken out cos i dont want to break the car! Although my first lesson in the e46 on the ice and snow in said car park didnt go quite so well. New bumper was required afterwards! I think ill stick to playing with my toy skyline instead!

Indeed, the missus had the exact same 98 version of your Aunts and Fnck me it was tough to steer. My first set of wheels was a 95 micra classic and the steering was a lot lighter in it IIRC for some reason.

Alan, is this some kind of special sleeper you've bought to compensate not going for a T Sport?? Theres a maxima engine in it right??

She's 1.0 on the book lad.

i still dont know whether to believe you or not Alan :confused:

Jimdagym wrote: »
    :eek:
    I cant believe TT just called Mrs C a granny.

I got 9mpg from a 318ci. I aint no Granny!

i still dont know whether to believe you or not Alan :confused:

Wait for the pics, she's a minter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Ah i can kinda do them but i chicken out cos i dont want to break the car! Although my first lesson in the e46 on the ice and snow in said car park didnt go quite so well. New bumper was required afterwards! I think ill stick to playing with my toy skyline instead!

Once you recharge the batteries. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I got 9mpg from a 318ci. I aint no Granny!

Did you think it was an automatic?

Well it was manual the last time i drove it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

Wait for the pics, she's a minter.
    You eyes will be sore looking a the Fuel and Temp gauge in that little baby... they are MASSIVE in the absence of a rev Counter;)

Jokin aside though, only for the OH micra over the two bad winters we would have got nowhere. Loved loved loved tootin' round in second gear over hills and dales passing out passats and a4's slip sliding towards the hedge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

On Mondello, if it needs to be spelled out :)

/M

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement