Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

What about the boards track car ? M5 perhaps :D

I live near the track so I'll mind it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

It's always on around this time of year isn't it? Must pop over, home that weekend and it's only 10 minutes away.

No - the classic show is normally late April / early May and the All American in September. Changed this year because it invariably pisses rain in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    No - the classic show is normally late April / early May and the All American in September. Changed this year because it invariably pisses rain in September.

Ahhh,that's it.Worth going?

Marlow wrote: »
    Good beer, a quite interesting city and there's a restaurant called "Asterix" run by the students in the city. If you ever down there, call in there. Good cheap food and an interesting athmosphere.

/M

I lived and worked in Belgium for a couple of years (far more interesting place than you would imagine) and the town I worked in had loads of student ran bars. They were typically fcukin sh1tholes but with an 'anything goes' attitiude and beer for €1 a pop. You need to be 3/4 full of beer before you go near them though! :eek:

Ahhh,that's it.Worth going?

If you like your yank tanks definitely! Biggest collection of American cars / trucks / bikes you'll see in this country.

Are you not based in Cork though?

• Advertisement

If you like your yank tanks definitely! Biggest collection of American cars / trucks / bikes you'll see in this country.

Are you not based in Cork though?

Jesus, no.Living in Limerick, originally from Offaly. Between Kilbeggan and Tullamore.

Jesus, no.Living in Limerick, originally from Offaly. Between Kilbeggan and Tullamore.

Do you speak with a hot potato in your mouth!?! :p

There would probably be around 600 cars and trucks at the Kilbeggan gig so there's lots to see. Best show of the year (IMO) is the GAScc Clubs gig in Cork. It's a big cruise (maybe 60 cars) followed by car display, BBQ, numerous bands, DJ and rivers of beer. On 9th June, The Viaduct, Bandon Road, Cork.

Do you speak with a hot potato in your mouth!?! :p

Nope :p Might go have a gander so

• Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Do I get to call you Biffo or Biffoil without getting banned?

Marcusm wrote: »
    Do I get to call you Biffo or Biffoil without getting banned?

I can ban you without reason, it's called discretion. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

I lived and worked in Belgium for a couple of years (far more interesting place than you would imagine) and the town I worked in had loads of student ran bars. They were typically fcukin sh1tholes but with an 'anything goes' attitiude and beer for €1 a pop. You need to be 3/4 full of beer before you go near them though! :eek:

I know what you mean, but this is quite different from that. It's a proper restaurant.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Anyone know how much car mats are for a 05 3 series?

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

So I washed the car, it was either that or study I'm also going to park in the city tomorrow for work and didnt want to look like a big cultchie with a dirty car

:pac:

Have to say the AutoGlym HD wax is almighty stuff, Great coverage, really easy to buff off and I didnt even make an impression on it, looks like it will last forever where as I would have used quarter of a bottle of liquid wax.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lads, how are jags type-s in general? If picking up one bargoluxo style around 2k mark? 2.5 and 3.0 engines were good enough or...

See those little air intakes or whatever they are on the front - they were on turbo models only, yeah?

Health to drive dude! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Lads, how are jags type-s in general? If picking up one bargoluxo style around 2k mark? 2.5 and 3.0 engines were good enough or...

don't buy an automatic as they've got a bit of a bad rep, may as well go for 3.0 if you're doing it at all, and has to have leather. Listen out for rattly timing chain and clunky suspension, make sure everything electric works.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

colm_mcm wrote: »
    don't buy an automatic as they've got a bit of a bad rep, may as well go for 3.0 if you're doing it at all, and has to have leather. Listen out for rattly timing chain and clunky suspension, make sure everything electric works.

Well if you go jaaaaag you do need auto, but auto is crap in these? :( ah well.
    well up to 3.0 there are only few luxo ships out there: 728, s-type, gs300. I guess jag is off the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I can ban you without reason, it's called discretion. :)

To ban without reason woud not be an exercise of "discretion" as that requires te exercise of judicious decision making!! ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

conzymaher wrote: »
    So I washed the car, it was either that or study I'm also going to park in the city tomorrow for work and didnt want to look like a big cultchie with a dirty car

:pac:

Have to say the AutoGlym HD wax is almighty stuff, Great coverage, really easy to buff off and I didnt even make an impression on it, looks like it will last forever where as I would have used quarter of a bottle of liquid wax.

Quarter of a bottle of liquid wax?! You're using waaaayyyy too much if that's the case lad! All you need is enough to put a light coat on the car. Anything else is pure waste!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Need to get me a track car. An old Skyline would do the trick nicely! :)
    You'll only end up getting lapped by little Honda's if you do that....:D

Not if you prep if properly;)

Picking off Honda's used to be my favourite pass time in Mondello:D

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Yup turbo only it also had disk brakes all round,alloy wheels and NACA scoop on the bonnet

How's its fuel lines?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

i wish i could be a woman just to be able to keep changing the name of this thread :o

TT is 9 years old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Not if you prep if properly;)

Picking off Honda's used to be my favourite pass time in Mondello:D

I've seen S14's and 300zx TT's passed by many a Honda on that track....would have the legs on the straights but not in the corners....:P

To be fair though, it really depends on both cars and drivers.

i wish i could be a woman just to be able to keep changing the name of this thread :o

Ninja edits are more fun :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

i wish i could be a mod just to be able to keep changing the name of this thread :o

Knock, knock. Who's there? Smee. Smee who? Smee again, go **** yourself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Knock, knock. Who's there? Smee. Smee who? Smee again, go **** yourself :D

An oil strainer would be my guess.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

May have a new car in the morn...the one person on here who knows what's up better not say anything or they're banned!

May have a new car in the morn...the one person on here who knows what's up better not say anything or they're banned!

Go on..

• Advertisement

I've seen S14's and 300zx TT's passed by many a Honda on that track....would have the legs on the straights but not in the corners....:P

To be fair though, it really depends on both cars and drivers.

Ah I know, I saw it myself, there was a Gold EK9(I think) at the time that I could never catch....straights or not:eek:

I prefer the skyline though, I used two suspension set ups, one for grip driving, then a few tweaks in the pits later, and it was back out for some endless sliding fun....you can't do that it a civic/teg:P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement