Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Ah I'm really tired today for some strange reason, I might just take a break from studying and do some later or just wait until I'm more energised tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Deactivated my facebook today.. Its getting serious now lads!

Me too , I'm not activating it again now and if I do I'm going to get my best friend to change the password and deactivate it so I can't log on .

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Me too , I'm not activating it again now and if I do I'm going to get my best friend to change the password and deactivate it so I can't log on .
    This LC is doing strange things to us! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I find the handiest way to deactivate Facebook is to change your password to a load of random characters, copy it into an email and set it to send to yourself on the day you finish the Leaving. There's a site where you can send emails to yourself in the future, futureme.org I think. Just don't be tempted to write your password down on a piece of paper too like I did...

Ended up memorising my new ridiculously complicated password. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

This LC is doing strange things to us! :p

Haha deactivating it sort of makes me study . I actually feel like studying now even though I was tired like a few minutes ago not so much now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Togepi wrote: »
    Ha I thought it was you. :pac:

I know, it's so fun! :P

Haha you know me so well!! :P
    Ah I'm really tired today for some strange reason, I might just take a break from studying and do some later or just wait until I'm more energised tomorrow.

Well from what you've written here it seems you've done a fair bit, take today off, relax, enjoy the sunshine (if it's sunny where you live!). Too much study is counter effective, you'll hit the brick wall!! Enjoy :)

I find the handiest way to deactivate Facebook is to change your password to a load of random characters, copy it into an email and set it to send to yourself on the day you finish the Leaving. There's a site where you can send emails to yourself in the future, futureme.org I think. Just don't be tempted to write your password down on a piece of paper too like I did...

Ended up memorising my new ridiculously complicated password. :rolleyes:

Lol it can't have been that complicated, was it a mixture of capitals and numbers :). I would do that but I don't want to accidently end up deactivating it and not getting it back if I can't remember the password. I might test it and see if it works first.

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Haha you know me so well!! :P

Well from what you've written here it seems you've done a fair bit, take today off, relax, enjoy the sunshine (if it's sunny where you live!). Too much study is counter effective, you'll hit the brick wall!! Enjoy :)

Haha I've got my energy back somehow not feeling tired anymore :S .
    I'll try and do something today , see if I can get some work done.
    I don't think I'll be going out tomorrow night anyway, I was going to but I remember I decided my last night out at that place was the paddys themed. I don't want to go against my original plan, even though I do want to go but the LC is more important :)>

Facebook > 625 points.

• Advertisement

I was going to test that futureme.org for tomorrow I can only do 30days in advance. Hmm will I test the facebook password thing... I could just save the password in drafts or get someone else to change it instead. I have a feeling I'll log on again just for a look .

Lol it can't have been that complicated, was it a mixture of capitals and numbers :). I would do that but I don't want to accidently end up deactivating it and not getting it back if I can't remember the password. I might test it and see if it works first.

It works anyway, I just thought first it might have had a 90 day minimum wait for emails.

It was complicated, it had letters, numbers, symbols and two different languages. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Set your password to "imgoingtofailtheleaving" and when youre typing it in you will have second thoughts about logging in :D
    The trouble with giving your new password to your friend is that he/she might log on and read your messages for the hahas, if they are not the completely honest types :P
    I'm not going to deactivate mine, I only go on it like twice a day for 5 mins and I sometimes get work related messages so yeah I better not :P

subz3r0 wrote: »
    Set your password to "imgoingtofailtheleaving" and when youre typing it in you will have second thoughts about logging in :D
    The trouble with giving your new password to your friend is that he/she might log on and read your messages for the hahas, if they are not the completely honest types :P
    I'm not going to deactivate mine, I only go on it like twice a day for 5 mins and I sometimes get work related messages so yeah I better not :P

Wow thats actually a good idea for a password, I don't think I'd even be able to type that out to set the password to begin with. I have a friend my best friend she doesn't use facebook and I know she's the type that wouldn't do that. I wouldn't mind either way nothing really private on my facebook. It's already deactivated I'll try and go a week it gets easier :).

Ugh, I think I'll have to use futureme.org and a password change for Boards soon enough. :( And maybe Twitter. Facebook's actually grand, I don't spend too much time on it at all.

I'm thinking no more Boards after this Monday? God that'd actually be so hard. :eek: I'll have to try it for at least one month anyway. :cool:

Ugh, I think I'll have to use futureme.org and a password change for Boards soon enough. :( And maybe Twitter. Facebook's actually grand, I don't spend too much time on it at all.

I'm thinking no more Boards after this Monday? God that'd actually be so hard. :eek: I'll have to try it for at least one month anyway. :cool:

Theres still ways to use boards even after when you don't log in. I would but i think boards keeps me more motivated and knowing others are studying too. I'm keeping twitter I don't know most people who I follow anyway :).

Theres still ways to use boards even after when you don't log in. I would but i think boards keeps me more motivated and knowing others are studying too. I'm keeping twitter I don't know most people who I follow anyway :).

True, but if I can't log in I won't use it, so it should work. I stayed off for two or three weeks before, should be able to manage a month! :o

I went on the internet on my iPod to go to e-xamit.ie to check a solution and I ended up in this thread again. This is getting ridiculous :P
    iPOD, Y U NO SEE THAT IM PROCRASTINATING ?!

I have the male oral examiner... If I translate call me maybe and sing it to him will he give me a decent enough grade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

I have the male oral examiner... If I translate call me maybe and sing it to him will he give me a decent enough grade?

I have a male examiner too :P
    haha if you get mo ghrasa say it in your sexy voice :P ;) jk jk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

I just got home and I'm by myself and there's an old fat topless guy in my back garden :eek:

Serenade him with Call Me Maybe. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I hope mine is female ;) ..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Mine's female :) Such a relief, I dunno why, they just put me at ease a little more or something and I've only ever had female Irish teachers so I'm more used to it :)

I had the male french teacher for my mock oral and he's from NI so it was actually a tiny bit harder to understand the questions - hoping I get a Dublin gal :P

I'm not even bothered about the Irish Oral. I'm doing OL and I'm not counting it for points since I'm doing Russian so I'm thinking about trolling the lady examiner a little bit :) any ideas? Within reason of course.
    For the probable question of "Conas ata tu?" at the start I wanna say "Taim go hiontach mar d'eirigh me an-mhaith sa bealtrial Ruis (cos my Russian Oral is only a few hours before my Irish one) agus nil me neirbhiseach mar nil me chun Gaeilge a chomhaireamh i gcomhair pointi". Does that even make sense? Anyway I bet she'd be sick of people saying they are "all right but a little bit nervous" so might as well take a different approach since it doesnt really matter for me :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I'd say that in the general comhra if I were you - it means it'll troll her and probably take up a huge chunk of conversation and get you a nice mark anyway :P

Also its d'eirigh me an-mhaith le mo scrudu i think :) otherwise its getting up or something :pac:

Nah I hope I get geibheann. I'll do a purr at the end.

Just realised I haven't left my house for the past 5 days just been indoors lol.

Touché. Ah I'll be sure to mention it at some stage or another. Doesn't d'eirigh me le mean I got on well with ? Okay maybe I'm better off using rinne me or something :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Nah I hope I get geibheann. I'll do a purr at the end.
    yeah or colscaradh ... sheantaigh si fear ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement