Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

FINALLY!!! I couldn't access my login at work and have no computer at home!!!! I was out for the last month with sciatica and neck spasm, came back to work on Monday and am in agony with my coccyx(tailbone), I ended up going out yesterday morning to buy a ring cushion (flippin €60!) to see if it would ease the pain. Seems to work in the morning, but come after lunch I am in agony. Indigestion is constant now and I am getting caught for breath later in the day. The kicking is so low down it's beyond weird and I am not sleeping very well and I am ONLY 24 weeks!!!!!!! People this is tough going!!!! I really am struggling!!!!!!! Trying to get through work day by day!!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Think I got a braxie last night too..

Just had my hand on bump and it went tight as a rock for a couple of secs and then relaxed, It happened a few times after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

cyning wrote: »
    I'm 26 weeks and have been getting them for about a week and a half: I wasn't entirely sure thats what they were but doc says it is so that's what I'm going with! They can start any time from 20 weeks on.

I think some of the other girls have leaking boobs too: it can all happen from now on in: what did your dating scan say?

The whole idea of breastfeeding is totally freaking my husband out: totally! As is childbirth: all he keep saying is he's staying up by my head and he is not moving and he is not looking and he does not want to see me "that" way! I think he's afraid that all the stuff that was "fun" for him is going to have the mystery removed entirely :D

my original due date was 14 july and they changed it at the dating scan to 22nd, but sonographer at anomoly scan said 14 july aswell (or else it's a big baby :eek:) I feel it closer to the 14th - then again this is my first so i really have no idea...
    Hubby is the same on breast feeding - he thinks it's completely unnatural -at the moment he leaves the room if my sis in law is feeding - completely grosses him out, think he is just not ready to accept that boobs are functional and not just his play things! not sure how he is going to cope with the birth, have been trying to get him to watch 'One born' so he will know what to expect but it's not happening...

oh march sounds like you are having a tough time - it's def not easy.. for indigestion I've been taking Zantac - it says on box not to take during pregnancy, but my pharmacist said it's ok and my sis used to take it - it's far better than gaviscon etc... I know you cushion bill is quite high this week but I got the dream genie and it is amazing, it's about €60 aswell - i think its well worth it, am sleeping so much better since I got it...

Off work today so heading off to Dundrum for a bit of retail therapy!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

It's my birthday tomorrow too!! I'm 28. Went shopping today and started the shopping for my hospital bag :):) also got a lovely maxi dress in new look for ds's communion,it's actually a lovely one and fits bump perfect!! So I'm going shopping with my mum and sister on Friday and I'll get shoes and a bag and I need a decent bra!!

Happy Birthday Tinkerbell and Silly!!!
    Was the maxi dress you got in new look maternity Tinkerbell.... I've been looking for a maxi for my cuz wedding and haven't had much luck I was just in new look at the weekend and couldnt find anything:(:(

Mink wrote: »
    Happy birthday ladies!

When my midwife visited on Saturday she took my blood pressure & said it was slightly low. Anyone else have this? She suggested increasing fluids etc. Nothing to worry about right now I guess.

Also she recommended certain tissue salts (from healthfood shop) to help with the evening swelling I get. There's specific ones recommended for pregnancy. Hopefully will get them today and try them out and will report back if makes any difference.

10% paycut across the boards at work I'm afraid :(
    On the bright side, OH got a bonus at work this week.

I may use this weekend to pick up some home improvements type bits that we need to get things a bit more ready. I must must must not sit on my arse for the entire bank hol weekend eating chocolate!!! I must get my plans into action! <repeat mantra as neccessary>

I had low blood pressure on my first 2 pregnancies sorry 2 say theres not much that can be done but doc will keep close eye.... It does cause alot of dizziness so be careful and sit down if dizziness comes on and drink more water!! Sorry ive no better solutions!! My blood pressures slightly high this time not worryingly so though so thats good:)

Feel the same about makin the most of the weekend loads of bits 2 do around the house but these days i'm prone to sitting on my ass stuffing my face.....

• Advertisement

Oh Kash thanks for the laugh, I thought that was so funny not even moving the couch or TV..... unbelievable ha ha :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Hi ladies,

Happy birthday silly & tinkerbell. Hope you're being spoiled!

Had hospital today, everything is ok. She's still breech at the minute but will hopefully turn before D-day! I read that one way to get her to turn is to have a warm bath up to belly level and then just at the top put a pack of frozen peas on tummy so she'll scamper away from the cold! How mean! But if she's still like this in a few weeks I'll be trying it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

And cyning my OH is exactly the same - he's squeamish at the best of times but I've been told that he's staying right at my head and will not be venturing down the other end of the bed! Somehow I have a feeling I'll be reassuring him during the labour :D He's a big supporter of the breast feeding though (anything to get out of the nightfeeds!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Tinkerbell79 no it wasn't a maternity maxi,just a normal one,it'll do though coz I had to tax our car today so I'm not spending a fortune and ds's suit alone was €170..
    I've my GTT text on the 16th and then back the following Monday for gyne app,also have to go to gp next week for app :(

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mmmn..chicken

happy birthday to tinkerbell & silly!! hope ye both get spoilt and have a lovely day!!:D
    hi to every1
    ya java thats how id describe what i felt too, glad you mentioned it cause i had no clue what had happened.
    asked nurse yesterday why all my kicks felt low she said at the minute (25weeks) that my uterus is only stretched to barely above my bellybutton so its normal to be low. baby is constantly low today i was chatting to my sister and i felt this jump inside and accidentally let one slip.i was mortified...it came from nowhere its never happened me before.
    she has four kids so it didnt phase her at all...... but im still red :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

For all the men who are insisting they won't see anything...a friend of ours was the same but when it came to labour he said with all the monitors, mid wife etc he had nowhere to stand but right where he could see everything!

My partner is keen to help with night feeding but I guess that will depend on whether breast feeding works out or not! I think see will be a little sad if she can't do at least some of them :)

Little one is pushing up under my ribs today...very strange feeling :) can't wait to get my scan next week & see if she is def a she :D & how she is getting on!

Thanks Tinkerbell4484 Ill try the normal 1s, dont want 2 spend much either 4 it 2 b worn once!!!

have a hospital visit tomorrow, wonder what they'll do!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    For all the men who are insisting they won't see anything...a friend of ours was the same but when it came to labour he said with all the monitors, mid wife etc he had nowhere to stand but right where he could see everything!

My partner is keen to help with night feeding but I guess that will depend on whether breast feeding works out or not! I think see will be a little sad if she can't do at least some of them :)

Little one is pushing up under my ribs today...very strange feeling :) can't wait to get my scan next week & see if she is def a she :D & how she is getting on!

I plan on breastfeeding but also doing one bottle feed a day from day one so perhaps you can have a bottlefeed ready for your partner and when she wants to feed she can do the nightfeed! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Had glucose in my urine today at nurses appt :( I'd only eaten about an hour and a half before and I'd drank most of a bottle of diet 7up on the way over. So hopefully it was just that. Have the GTT test on tues anyway. There was also white cells in my sample so it's gone off to the lab for test, might have a fresh kidney infection brewing!

But she said I was about the right size for my dates and baby's heartbeat is good and strong, so that's all that matters :)

notsobusy wrote: »
    I plan on breastfeeding but also doing one bottle feed a day from day one so perhaps you can have a bottlefeed ready for your partner and when she wants to feed she can do the nightfeed! :D

Do you plan on that bottle being formula or expressed milk? We did talk to the doc re combination feeding & she said it can go well & not to believe people who say that the baby will get confused between bottle & boob :)
    She also suggested my partner could breast feed also but it's not that easy & she will be working...I have suggested she could do comfort feeding :D
    She has no problem doing night feeds...I think she likes the idea of having one on one time in the peace of the night when the world is asleep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kiwi2011

I remember someone purchasing from seraphine & I was wondering if you could let me know what the fit etc is like.

Thinking of getting some linen trousers & possibly a top from them but not sure about quality & sizing.

Hi twomums2be - cannot recoommend seraphine enough! I bought the black linen trousers and they are the best investment ever! size wise they are about right, Im usually a 12/14 and I bought the 14 and they fit well. All their clothes are really good quality and nice fabric so im living in 5/6 pieces I got from their website. very quick delivery also!

Happy birthday silly and tinkerbell by the way!

Do you plan on that bottle being formula or expressed milk? We did talk to the doc re combination feeding & she said it can go well & not to believe people who say that the baby will get confused between bottle & boob :)
    She also suggested my partner could breast feed also but it's not that easy & she will be working...I have suggested she could do comfort feeding :D
    She has no problem doing night feeds...I think she likes the idea of having one on one time in the peace of the night when the world is asleep :)

Oh I'm not sure, I will probably express milk but I suppose it depends if I can breast feed at all!

just back from my scan! baby is perfect ! measures right on my dates, had her legs crossed like a perfect lady but doctor couldn't confirm she was a girl or not lol! no sugar in my urine so dont even have to get the glucose test, back in six weeks, pesky midwife trying to get me to agree to no pain relief, yeah right lady!

• Advertisement

This is going to sound really really bizarre but I watched One Born last night, first time ever and with my OH and there were two women who used pain relief and I kept thinking that it didn't look real and that I think I might like to go natural! ie no pain relief! Eeeek. I know very strange!

javagal wrote: »
    just back from my scan! baby is perfect ! measures right on my dates, had her legs crossed like a perfect lady but doctor couldn't confirm she was a girl or not lol! no sugar in my urine so dont even have to get the glucose test, back in six weeks, pesky midwife trying to get me to agree to no pain relief, yeah right lady!

I watched last night too but complete opposite feeling towards pain relief! Just confirmed my thoughts to take everything on offer and make it as easy as possible! Why would you go through all the suffering when pain relief is available!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I don't want pain relief... says the girl has already taken pethidine during pregnancy!

Firstly all those pain killers make me extremely nauseus: with or without anti-nausea tablets! Secondly my poor babs has been exposed to way too many drugs as it is already. Finally any time I've ever ever had an anesthetic I've cried hysterically after it: I don't want to cry hysterically because of an artificial thing.... I want to appreciate my baby!

And of course put me in labour and I'll probably start screaming for anything I can get :rolleyes:

Had my first antenatal class last night: boring does not even start to cover it! Its all such common sense!

i have no intention of getting pethadine cause its meant to make you feel drunk but deny me an epidural and you Will need one yourself!

Javagal you must be delighted to know all is well :) why in the world was she trying to get you to agree to no pain relief?!? Surely you can wait to see how you go?

My consultant knows that I'm open to epi if I feel I need it & as a result I won't be using the home birthing room (in hospital set up like a living room I gather) as some anaesthetist won't give epi in that room :p & I'm not willing to risk not being able to get it if I can't cope :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

This is going to sound really really bizarre but I watched One Born last night, first time ever and with my OH and there were two women who used pain relief and I kept thinking that it didn't look real and that I think I might like to go natural! ie no pain relief! Eeeek. I know very strange!

I totally agree, I always think it's wierd when the woman is going am i having a contraction now?

I'm keeping an open mind to pain relief...even cough bottle knocks me out, so I can't imagine what pethidine would do to me!
    A friend who had a baby a few months ago had the same attitude but ended up getting the epidural. However, she said she still knew when she was contracting. It worked out for the best for her because she ended up needing help to get baby out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I had an epi with my first.

I went into labour and into the hospital on a wednesday morning at 2am. I didnt get to the actual labour ward until 7.30am on the thursday morning, so thats already 29.5 hours with very little sleep.
    I got the epidural and that allowed me to get some sleep. which was great, because when my daughter was born at 6pm that evening, i was alot fresher than i would have been if i had not slept, i would have been too exhausted to even push i'd say!
    while i didnt feel the contractions, i did feel her coming out, she had to be suctioned out.
    But I will definately be getting the epidural this time around again.
    Although i will have to make sure there is a note taken that it took three goes before the epidural actually worked, they had to keep on taking it out and putting it in again...

ah forgot to say when i was in hospital there was a lady who was 27weeks and waters broke in there, fingers crossed for her

ah forgot to say when i was in hospital there was a lady who was 27weeks and waters broke in there, fingers crossed for her

Fingers, toes & eyes crossed!
    It will be a tough few months for her but hopefully her little one has a fighting chance...our friends had twins at 28 weeks & although they had ups & downs in the first few months they are both thriving now at nearly a year so hopefully that woman's little one will do just as well!
    It does make you realise that you never know what might happen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

oh god! poor woman!

Advertisement