Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Anny Hall

Hi there,

Hope you don't mind if I join in here. Have really enjoyed reading some of the posts. Am so glad that it's not just me who finds the whole online thing a minefield!

Thought I had hit the jackpot when first guy seemed great. We emailed everyday for a week and then arranged phone call which never happened and zero contact since. The going suddenly cold thing is a pain but guess to be expected!

One thing about internet can disguise poor social skills easily. Was in touch with this guy who seemed well rounded, lots of interests etc but when we met he was as dull as dish water, with nothing to say for himself! Heart sank, zero social skills.

All in all a mixed bag. Keep expectations low!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

KTRIC wrote: »
    Just in the door from a date and dammmmn , she's fine :D intelligent, bubbly and well edumacated . Me thinks there'll be more.

Glad to hear mate. Best of luck. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

The awkward moment when one of your best friends' little sister views your POF profile...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Galvasean wrote: »
    The awkward moment when one of your best friends' little sister views your POF profile...

She is cute isn't she for extra bonus awkward points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Hope you didn't click in to her profile or it'll look like your interested! :D

• Advertisement

Maguined wrote: »
    She is cute isn't she for extra bonus awkward points.

It doesn't matter.
    doncarlos wrote: »

No no no, girls look at your profile when they're interested in the hope that you mail them back. Boys send 17 messages when interested in a girl. That's how it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

doncarlos wrote: »
    Oh, I'm betting he did, "to make sure it's her" :P

the_syco wrote: »
    Oh, I'm betting he did, "to make sure it's her" :P

More like, "Hello potentially cute thumbnail girl.. let's have a looksie... ah no!"
    Like when someone you went out with before changes their profiler and you don't realise it's them and then you look all stalkery >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

More like, "Hello potentially cute thumbnail girl.. let's have a looksie... ah no!"
    Like when someone you went out with before changes their profiler and you don't realise it's them and then you look all stalkery >_<

Yeah I must look like a total stalker as whenever bored in meetings in work or work in general I sit back and look at profiles on my phone for a bit of a browse, so many people change their photos regularly enough that I don't realise I have already seen their profile before I open it up. I must have checked out some profiles a couple of times a week by accident. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Rather entertaining date last night with someone I didn't have high hopes for but turned out to be both better-looking and nicer than he'd seemed online. It was only a quick drink as he had to be somewhere else after but there was lots of flirting and a bit of a kiss from him at the end- admittedly very soon but pulled off in such a light-hearted and cheeky way it made me laugh:D No firm plans to meet again but I'm sure we will be...

Got rather excited yesterday at having 2 new messages- checked them and one is from a guy I ill-advisedly kissed at a party 3 years ago (and still shudder at the thought of) and the other was from the guy my friend is currently dating:rolleyes: Gah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Ah why do people use sites like that if they're in a relationship :rolleyes: Cheaters disgust me.... I'd be happy out with one gorgeous, rich, funny, charming heir to the throne... simple tastes :o

I came across my best friend's boyfriend on the site before, I'd only met him twice at this stage so he didn't recognise me and mailed me. I rang my friend so fast!!! :eek:

^^ Wow, that's horrible. You did the right thing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

tatumkelly wrote: »
    Ah why do people use sites like that if they're in a relationship :rolleyes: Cheaters disgust me.... I'd be happy out with one gorgeous, rich, funny, charming heir to the throne... simple tastes :o

I came across my best friend's boyfriend on the site before, I'd only met him twice at this stage so he didn't recognise me and mailed me. I rang my friend so fast!!! :eek:

What did she say?

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

She ripped the piss out me for being on POF, and then got rid of him :p

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

That_Guy wrote: »
    Usually Larianne asks it but.....

Who's got a date lined up this weekend then?

I may have one tonight.

Maybe.

I have one for tomorrow :-)

Same girl from last night's date?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I've just confirmed one for Sunday :D

Larianne wrote: »

Same girl from last night's date?

Yup, she hadn't coped on I'm nuts yet thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 40 roro_utd

I've a picture of me with 3 other mates and rarely get many replies, do people generally reply to users who have a picture of just themselves more?

• Advertisement

roro_utd wrote: »
    I've a picture of me with 3 other mates and rarely get many replies, do people generally reply to users who have a picture of just themselves more?

Yes. I wouldn't waste my time trying to guess who's who in a group photo. :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Would of been the same meself as Lari said above.

If you want to attract someone you need to show them who you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

:-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Don't know anything about nuns habits, sorry Fox. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

No dates, woooooooo.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JimBob777

no dates but im going to a 21st, stealing the 21st kiss should suffice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Congratulations, I dont have any dates this weekend myself! :(

1. Make fun of friend
    2. Dump cheating boyfriend

IN THAT ORDER

1. Make fun of friend
    2. Dump cheating boyfriend

IN THAT ORDER

3. xxxxxx xxxx
    4. Profit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Sweet baby Jesus and the orphans!! Took the plunge. Finally got back on POF and Oh my fcukin GOD!!

A deluge! Deluge i tells ya! Of complete weirdo's and a few 22 year olds.... :( Fresh meat is right! Lots of wants to meet and added as favourites... If that's a line i ain't biting;)

Not had any mickey pictures yet though :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement