Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    If it's just a box, IMHO take nice pictures of it & recycle the cardboard.

This poor guy thought it was "just a box" too, and suffered the consequences...

tumblr_llh6k4d0r91qz9vd8o1_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Do you still have the system or did you sell it? Why not store it in the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

o1s1n wrote: »
    Do you still have the system or did you sell it? Why not store it in the box?

I got rid of it a while back.
    It was already boxed. This box is what they stored the other 12 boxes in, if you get me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

[IMG][/img]IMG_1016.jpg

Bombs away

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

so found myself a cheap tablet
    That's the tablet I have myself, find it great. It's not as complicated as I thought it would be to use but was a little awkward for awhile at the start.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Whole heap of Nintendo goodness arrived today. super famicom games, mint boxed and complete starfox, yoshis island, super donkey kong 3 and mickeys magical adventure. pal snes games earthworm jim2 and super punch out. pal super gameboy, and 6 golden coins, tetris and donkey kong land 1 for the gameboy. I need to stay off eBay when I'm drinking!

Most of you probably know hit-japan off ebay, it only took a week for the stuff to arrive. His prices are really reasonable as was the signed shipping! Attached some pics below

http://i39.tinypic.com/rgw5m8.jpg starfox
    http://i44.tinypic.com/wwf81h.jpg starfox unboxed
    http://i44.tinypic.com/149ulhv.jpg yoshis island
    http://i40.tinypic.com/zttda9.jpg DKC3/ Super DK 3
    http://i42.tinypic.com/33ytgdh.jpg mickeys magical adventure
    http://i43.tinypic.com/libmf.jpg pal snes games, super gameboy + gameboy games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

nuxxx wrote: »
    mickeys magical adventure

What a game :cool: Any differences in the JAP game over the PAL?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

EnterNow wrote: »

If you like the first one there's two sequels that never made it outside japan.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If you like the first one there's two sequels that never made it outside japan.

Really???? Never knew that. Details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

No idea cause I haven't got a snes to play them on atm haha! I got a pal copy of Mickey mania so hopefully this is just as good :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Really???? Never knew that. Details?

Not played them but they were developed by Capcom while they were one of the top notch developers in the world so I'm guessing they are quality:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney%27s_Magical_Quest

Apparently only the third game got a japan only release, the second one got an american and european release although I've never heard of it, might be wrong wiki info. Also a Genesis/Megadrive release which is the first I heard!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I loved Castle and World of Illusion on the MD, beautiful looking games, easily the best use of palette this side of Thunderforce IV on the system.
    I remember enjoying the two Mickey Mouse titles mentioned on the Snes, totally different interpretation of the licence, despite being nominally still a platformer.
    I wasn't aware of the third Snes game, seems like a waste not to have released it in the west, but the date in 95 of the jap release would have meant a Euro translation and release would have been in 96, way too late.

Mickey Mania, to me, feels an awful lot like a next gen game on the 16 bit consoles, it's use of original materials from the Disney archives, the attention to detail with those resources as well as the implementation into level structures, the use of music, colour and animations, all beautiful.
    It seemed to be treating these things in a very different way to the older games from the Disney stable.
    I still prefer World of Illusion though, it has to be said, but the opening Mickey Mania level based on Steamboat Willie is incredible to see being played, nevermind playing it yourself, it's that good!

Travellers Tales at the time were up there with Treasure at the time with what they could do with the megadrive hardware. The racing section in Toy Story was really impressive.

I think Mickey Mania is a fantastic technical marvel, my problem with it is that it's a mediocre platformer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Haven, for the PS2 was also theirs and was outstanding, no one bought it though, pity..
    Really nice fractal effects used in it, together with a good mix of gameplay styles.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've never played Haven. Is the framerate that smooth on real hardware? Looks really nice.

I tells ya, I don't remember that, I had it when it came out, was given a promo and loved it.
    Had some nice Indiana Jones style sections, with lovely lighting effects and swarms of bugs, well done.
    Pity no one bought it!

Might pick it up myself. Got some praise in a recent retrogamer article about the company.

Yes, before they turned to the casual darkside, with endless Lego games that have relatively little to do with the core creative nature of Lego!
    In fact, it could be argued that Minecraft is a better Lego game than the Lego games are!

I'm holding out for them to redeem themselves with a Lego Spongebob game, not sure why but I am.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Lego Star Wars was a charming once-off.

Eighteen pointless sequels and rethreads later, the formula was more than a little stale.

Seriously, someone get rid of those American Apparel ads, I keep checking out which girl is on....

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Seriously, someone get rid of those American Apparel ads, I keep checking out which girl is on....

A non ABP user I presume?

A non ABP user I presume?

Ads are for peasants ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Sera wrote: »
    That's the tablet I have myself, find it great. It's not as complicated as I thought it would be to use but was a little awkward for awhile at the start.

have been really liking it, thought it would be harder to use than it is but have started to adapt quite quickly. :)

This should arrive on Monday for me. It's the UK version so just plug and go without a step-down etc. Few marks on the case and the bag needs to be carefully cleaned but the screen seems in good condition.
    Now, will it survive the British and Irish postal services?

photo1wqo.jpg

photo2cm.jpg

photo3ynr.jpg

I'd say it'll be grand Steve, though its a rough enough journey for such vintage & specialized innards. I was so relieved when mine powered on & I heard the "hmmmmmmmmmmm...di ding!" :D

I'd say it'll be grand Steve, though its a rough enough journey for such vintage & specialized innards. I was so relieved when mine powered on & I heard the "hmmmmmmmmmmm...di ding!" :D

The guy said he packed it really well as he's aware its fragile. Seems to know his vectrex stuff and was selling a couple of them.

Yes, I nearly bought 2 of them. But the madness subsided :)

Steve SI wrote: »

Tbh, it's madness when you only buy one of something these days :p

Tbh, it's madness when you only buy one of something these days :p

Don't worry, I've a few doubles arriving tomorrow or monday.

Also, that Richard Hutchinson chap who makes the flash cart for the vectrex found a clear case for me so he's making it up today and it should be ready for tomorrow or early next week.

Anyone get the clear case off him? Nice?

Don't worry, I've a few doubles arriving tomorrow or monday.

Also, that Richard Hutchinson chap who makes the flash cart for the vectrex found a clear case for me so he's making it up today and it should be ready for tomorrow or early next week.

Anyone get the clear case off him? Nice?

How much did that run in at? Must pick one of those up

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Actually I remember reading a while back that one of the chaps who made some of the homebrew games (maybe the YASI chap) had started work on some sort of adapter to link two Vectrex's together with presumably a two player game to go with it, nothing came of it iirc. Pretty sure I'm not imagining that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement