Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Just had warm chocolate brownie with lovely Ben & Jerry's white chocolate, raspberry & fudge icecream, divine! Boyfriend made the brownies two days ago, but I didn't know we had the icecream til now, it's so yum, think it's called Berry Bomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

Acoshla wrote: »
    Just had warm chocolate brownie with lovely Ben & Jerry's white chocolate, raspberry & fudge icecream, divine! Boyfriend made the brownies two days ago, but I didn't know we had the icecream til now, it's so yum, think it's called Berry Bomb.

I am absolutely drooling......I suppose the Lounge is not where I should be when I am three and a half weeks into a ban on all things sweet! Oh my goodness, I can almost taste that brownie. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Fireworks are awesome :)
    Bray just had a St Patricks day fireworks display and I could see it perfectly from my back yard.
    Loud noises + pretty lights = easily entertained bubblefett

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Oh believe me it does. I've got one and had it removed over the space of 4 years. Most people can't see it unless I point it out to them and they look really close.

How come it took so long to remove Stench Blossoms? Just curious. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

So bored today :-( My own fault really as I've just been in the house all day but had nowhere to go so didn't really have an option! Meeting florist for our wedding tomorrow to pick flowers... not really a big flower person so have zero idea what I want - nice ones!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    How come it took so long to remove Stench Blossoms? Just curious. :)

It can depend on lots of things really, skin type, colour of the tattoo, area it's on, size etc. It's rare enough if it's removed completely. Sometimes the skin can be left scarred, or the tattoo just looks faded.

Tattoo removal takes hours upon hours and it's very expensive.

I'm quite heavily tattooed, I love my ink but I have one on my stomach that I'm really not happy with...I think I'll just get a cover up rather than getting it removed:pac:

I love allrecipes.com! :D

Meeting florist for our wedding tomorrow to pick flowers... not really a big flower person so have zero idea what I want - nice ones!

Why ya getting flowers if you don't like em?

Lucyfur wrote: »
    It can depend on lots of things really, skin type, colour of the tattoo, area it's on, size etc. It's rare enough if it's removed completely. Sometimes the skin can be left scarred, or the tattoo just looks faded.

Tattoo removal takes hours upon hours and it's very expensive.

I'm quite heavily tattooed, I love my ink but I have one on my stomach that I'm really not happy with...I think I'll just get a cover up rather than getting it removed:pac:

I don't fancy getting any removed so I'm thinking carefully about the next one. How many tattoos have you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

My boyfriend has done something epically, epically stupid. Not happy.

• Advertisement

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I don't fancy getting any removed so I'm thinking carefully about the next one. How many tattoos have you got?

Always think carefully!! I don't like tattoos that are done just for the sake of having a tattoo.

I have 4...but one is the full length and width of my back.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Why ya getting flowers if you don't like em?

i think she meant more like "i like those pink ones and um some of those white ones but i dont know what they're called"
    i dont like receiving flowers but they can be nice to have for such an occasion... just don't ask me what they are called :pac:

this weekend i ate ALL the sweets :rolleyes:
    serious cutting to make up for it after tomorrow
    back to study in a while zz

pampootie wrote: »

Want to rant/share or is it so stoopid that you don't want to?

pampootie wrote: »

You can't say that and not tell us what he did. It's in the charter. Honestly.

<.<

.........>.>

• Administrators Posts: 53,468 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Acoshla it's so stupid that I don't even want to think about it myself, never mind tell others! But thanks. Swinging between wild fury at him and relief that the situation didn't get as bad as it could have.

ETA: nice try Lucyfur!

I've painted my nails, that means it's officially the weekend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

right i really really need to get all this work done!! :(

also i swear it seems like im the only single person left in the world!
    i think its because my cousin set a wedding date and i came to realize that i am the only single grand child left on my dads side!
    in fairness there are only 6 of us but still its depressing!! ugh!! :(

right i really really need to get all this work done!! :(

also i swear it seems like im the only single person left in the world!
    i think its because my cousin set a wedding date and i came to realize that i am the only single grand child left on my dads side!
    in fairness there are only 6 of us but still its depressing!! ugh!! :(

Oh Pixie I know the feeling, I found out earlier my old childminder's daughter, who I grew up with and is 6 months older than me, is pregnant, she got married last year which was ok, I could deal with that, but now she's having a baby!! :eek: I've known her since I was 5. Everyone's having babies, it feels like the walls are closing in on me, moving to nursing homes will be next.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I've painted my nails, that means it's officially the weekend :)

Yay weekend! :)

Don't let no-one kill your buzz, k?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,823 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

awec wrote: »
    There is nothing worse than a "I just wanted a tattoo" tattoo.

In my course, only 3 of us don't have tattoo's so the others are like, "we have to get you a tattoo!". One of the girls has all of the tattoo gear and can do them but she's not a pro. I've been thinking about getting one just to avoid having them going ahead with their "tattoo party". It's unfair pressure really.

I really wouldn't know what to get done. The only real constant in my life is my family and my love for football and Manchester United. Tattoos of football crests are tacky though...

Yay weekend! :)

Don't let no-one kill your buzz, k?

No one can kill the buzz of royal blue nails :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Mars Bar wrote: »
    In my course, only 3 of us don't have tattoo's so the others are like, "we have to get you a tattoo!". One of the girls has all of the tattoo gear and can do them but she's not a pro. I've been thinking about getting one just to avoid having them going ahead with their "tattoo party". It's unfair pressure really.

I really wouldn't know what to get done. The only real constant in my life is my family and my love for football and Manchester United. Tattoos of football crests are tacky though...

what :confused:
    it's a permanent thing, it's not like "lol we have to get you to drink"
    tell them to fcuk off
    jaysus

i also wouldnt let "one of the girls" near a mile of me with "all her gear" for that :eek:
    could you imagine getting blood poisoning
    doubt they'd be quick to hang around then!

god i sound like my grandmother...

bluewolf wrote: »
    what :confused:
    it's a permanent thing, it's not like "lol we have to get you to drink"
    tell them to fcuk off
    jaysus

Exactly. It's completely unfair. I am good at saying no though.

But I do want one, I just haven't decided and won't be rushed into getting one if I'm not 100% satisfied with the design. I'd much prefer to take a weekend and have myself and my sister go and get one together as she's thinking about getting a second one.

Oh sweet baby Jesus. Do NOT get a tattoo unless you really want one and if you do really want one, go to a registered professional!!

My God, I can't believe there are people like that!!

bluewolf wrote: »
    i also wouldnt let "one of the girls" near a mile of me with "all her gear" for that :eek:
    could you imagine getting blood poisoning
    doubt they'd be quick to hang around then!

god i sound like my grandmother...

Oh I'd have no doubt her gear is clean.

It's the design I'd be worried about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Oh Pixie I know the feeling, I found out earlier my old childminder's daughter, who I grew up with and is 6 months older than me, is pregnant, she got married last year which was ok, I could deal with that, but now she's having a baby!! :eek: I've known her since I was 5. Everyone's having babies, it feels like the walls are closing in on me, moving to nursing homes will be next.

yes actually!! im only 20 but i know 4 girls my age having babies!!
    and my little cousin on my mams side already has one and is living with the boyfriend she just turned 18!!

what i cant stand is my family always proding and poking for info if im with someone and when i say im single they just look down on me in pity!
    its like they are thinking "oh poor little single girl....will grow into a cat lady"

how insulting?!! it brings up self esteem issues that i thought i got rid of!
    its just ridiculous...it my own life not theirs if im single then im single who gives a fcuk!!!

Oh I'd have no doubt her gear is clean.

It's the design I'd be worried about!

even so, with all the sterilisation and registered professionals being liable you'd have some comeback with them, you know? and there must be proper safety training and stuff

PF that's a bit mad you're only little

i used to get family friends asking my mum and stuff all the time "does she have a bf" since i was 14 or so
    you're only a baby at that stage ffs calm down lads

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

and my little cousin on my mams side already has one and is living with the boyfriend she just turned 18!!

what i cant stand is my family always proding and poking for info if im with someone and when i say im single they just look down on me in pity!
    its like they are thinking "oh poor little single girl....will grow into a cat lady"

its just ridiculous...it my own life not theirs if im single then im single who gives a fcuk!!!
    You're 20??? Tell them they can start hassling you in a decade!! I'm 28, single and no kids and I love, love, love the FREEEEEEEDOM :D

• Advertisement

A few girls I went to school with have 10/11year old children (I'm just gone 27), two have 4 kids, one had 4 by the time she was 23, so I got used to people having kids pretty young as it happened all the time, BUT, the big difference is the babies around me are now being PLANNED! :D:pac: I'm deadly serious about that, people had babies by accident all the time when I was in school, but the fact that my peers are now getting married and planning them is a shock to the system.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement