Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

how is it already a year since i did that st pats run? :confused::confused::confused:
    my one and only one :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Sitting on the couch now drinking tea and watching toddlers and tiaras. Just turned it on and think I'll be turning it off again soon.

Boyfriend has my laptop taken apart and is trying to fix it, really hope he can :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Sitting on the couch now drinking tea and watching toddlers and tiaras. Just turned it on and think I'll be turning it off again soon.

it's a disturbing show

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

bluewolf wrote: »
    it's a disturbing show

isnt it, its borderline child abuse.

bluewolf wrote: »
    it's a disturbing show

It's beyond disturbing IMO.

Don't know how parents can put their kids through that. I'm not the biggest fan of kids, but I wouldn't put them through that, it's not fair on them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Boyfriend has my laptop taken apart and is trying to fix it, really hope he can :)

oh dear,what happened it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Had an amazing weekend, got a fab belated birthday present and I'm now on the way home and have a nutrageous and soya milk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Got woken up today by my dog witha handmade MothersDay card in his coller, it had been chewed on and everything :D

Was out with my mom who told me my sister might be considering living in Ireland for a year before travelling the world in a boat! Fingers crossed, I'd love to have my two mental nephews around, only get to see them once or twice a year as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

eating nutella out of the jar with a spoon, like a boss.

oh dear,what happened it?
    My laptop?

My boyfriend spilled mocha or latte on it and for the past two weeks he's been trying to fix it (he works in I.T, so knows what he is doing).

It's working now though, he managed to fix it today :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I must be living in bizarro-land. Fernando Torres just scored. :eek:

Completely undoing all the good I did at the MSB 5k today with gourmet jelly beans :D

Boyfriend playing his Xbox while I'm waiting for him to finish so we can go over to my house *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭I am a friend

I feel like crying (with happiness) every time I realise its my first mothers day (never thought I would be a Mammy) :)

And smiled a lot today as baba had his first solid food and loved it plus had it was all over his face - very funny!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Sun's splitting the rocks, bf's going out drinking and I'm working all night, bah!
    I shouldn't complain though, whenever I have a rare Sunday off I never know what to do with myself and always just end up saying I should have worked to keep me occupied. Never happy :D

how many caramel squares is too many.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

bubblefett wrote: »
    how many caramel squares is too many.....?

946. Anything up to this is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

So far the day's a success :)

I made my mum breakfast, lunch and a cake.

Breakfast was Scrambled eggs with avocado on homemade brown bread. Followed by an oatcake (got the recipe from the nutrition forum, basically a healthy pancake) with vanilla yogurt and strawberries.

Lunch was roast lamb with garlic roast potatoes and veg.
    I also made a passionfruit tart for desert. Think I might have added too much lemon to the tart but it's still tasty. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

My Mam also got a Mothers Day card from the dog this morning. I signed it 'from your 4th child'! :D

College work has me really stressed atm. :(

I want to post about SADS and what people can do to help but I'm wary of starting a thread in AH in case people would just rip the piss out of it. The only reason I'm considering posting it in AH is because of the traffic it gets. And I can't post it in the Soccer forum because I don't have access and also SADS doesn't just affect sportspeople either! What do ye think tLLers? For the most part people seemed respectful on the thread about depression recently. I just don't want something so close to my heart (pun!) to be disrespected. :(

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Mollikins wrote: »
    I want to post about SADS and what people can do to help but I'm wary of starting a thread in AH in case people would just rip the piss out of it. The only reason I'm considering posting it in AH is because of the traffic it gets. And I can't post it in the Soccer forum because I don't have access and also SADS doesn't just affect sportspeople either! What do ye think tLLers? For the most part people seemed respectful on the thread about depression recently. I just don't want something so close to my heart (pun!) to be disrespected. :(
    Do it. It's on a lot of people's minds at the moment due to what's happened to Fabrice Muamba so I can see a thread on it being taken a bit more seriously.

• Advertisement

Do it. It's on a lot of people's minds at the moment due to what's happened to Fabrice Muamba so I can see a thread on it being taken a bit more seriously.

It's quite long though! (Like almost 900 words long! :o)
    And it's probably full of crap. :o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

New Loungelight thread! Get yourselves over to the private forum for some questioning!

(Want to join the private forum? Read about it here!)

Mollikins wrote: »

I'd completely support this, it happened to the mother of a friend of mine. She was healthy and young (early 50s), no medical problems, went to bed one night and just never got up the next morning. It was awful, I'd no idea what to say when it happened. Her youngest child wasn't even in his teens. I never even knew the condition existed.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Mollikins, when I first read your post I thought you were talking about SAD (the seasonal depression thing) :o I don't think people having more information about it can do any harm

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Go for it Mollikins. SADS is unfortunately becoming more and more common but awareness is still minimal.

Defibrillator training courses and first aid courses are on all year round, all overe the country. It's something everyone should be trained in.

Thanks Ladies! :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056580769 Here's the link to the super long post.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Happy Mother's day to anyone it applies to (fur-babies included).

Contemplating going down for some brekkie, bed is nice though.

Yay, happy Mother's Day to me then! My fur babies are 2 dogs and a chipmunk! :D
    musical.x wrote: »
    i love the story behind the butterfly. it's really nice that you actually have meaning in them because you won't regret getting them :)
    lyric tattoo's can look amazing even if they are small but i have the same dilemma as you of picking one favorite :p

Thanks musical.x. :) I don't want to rush into things like this because getting them removed is supposed to hurt worse than getting it done in the first place.. :eek: Would definitely love a lyric one but I have about 100 to choose from.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Yay, happy Mother's Day to me then! My fur babies are 2 dogs and a chipmunk! :D

Thanks musical.x. :) I don't want to rush into things like this because getting them removed is supposed to hurt worse than getting it done in the first place.. :eek: Would definitely love a lyric one but I have about 100 to choose from.. :rolleyes:
    if you do them in a certain way you could fit them all on.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

musical.x wrote: »
    if you do them in a certain way you could fit them all on.... :D

Haha no I don't the Kat Von D look would suit me at all! I want maybe 2 or 3 more small tattoos and that'll be it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Thanks musical.x. :) I don't want to rush into things like this because getting them removed is supposed to hurt worse than getting it done in the first place.. :eek:

Oh believe me it does. I've got one and had it removed over the space of 4 years. Most people can't see it unless I point it out to them and they look really close.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement