Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything Else Hip Hop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Andy_rse wrote: »
    ^^ Mark Grist is a legend. You seen his battle on Dont Flop?

Yeah, and did you see Mixys battle just went up (against Elz so it is fairly standard tbh)

Man that is some hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Yeah, and did you see Mixys battle just went up (against Elz so it is fairly standard tbh)

Will check it out!

Andy_rse wrote: »
    Will check it out!

Worth a watch, but fairly average especially from Elz.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.18929/title.ice-cube-weighs-in-on-dr-dres-detox-delay

Cubes views on detox, some interesting points in there.

He also says he was a big fan of east coast hip hop, funny because he had his own little east coast west coast feud going on in the 90s and he had Westside connection, the groups name kind of speaks for itself.
    Still, you have to love ice cube.

great interview, nwa movie and another friday film confirmed too happy days!

• Advertisement

I hope they get chris tucker for it (unless they already did?)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I hope they get chris tucker for it (unless they already did?)
    there are rumours that he is getting signed up for it

bit of extra footage from 50s visit to somalia, i know we said it but f*ck anytime i see videos likes this it baffles me to think these people are just ignored and expected to live in these conditions.

all the money in the world and this still is happening, hunger is curable some real corrupt bull*hit imo.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

bit of extra footage from 50s visit to somalia, i know we said it but f*ck anytime i see videos likes this it baffles me to think these people are just ignored and expected to live in these conditions.

all the money in the world and this still is happening, hunger is curable some real corrupt bull*hit imo.

I was in the middle of writing a responce to this when I checked back to read it......waaaaayyy too long. This is a subject that I am close to and generally start to rant when talking/writing about it. So I'm going to try keep this brief.
    I travel to Africa a few times a year, mostly to Kenya, but a few other countries as well. The one thing that I will say is that aid needs to start with the people running the country first and foremost. If I look at times in Botswana, people in general dont have much, but they have something because thier governent has choosen to help the people.

Compare that to Kenya, if you've ever been to Nairobi and travelled from the airport to downtown, you see a huge contrast in how people live in a 30 minute journey. Downtown, people have money, and it's quite evident. But along the main roads, you see people walking, but constantly looking down on the ground in front of themselves to see if they can find anything. Others start to dig holes randomly to see if there is something below the surface. This is what they do every day to survive. It appears to me that people are not treated equally.

I wont even start to talk about corruption!

But, the point I'm trying to make, is that all the aid in the world can be shipped to these African countries, but distribution of the aid to the people that need it is the problem. Corruption and greed prevent that from happening.

I have alot of respect for Fiddy and what he is doing. I'm similarly glad that people are taking note of Kony in central Africa and there is more of an awareness of what is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

That kony video got the reaction it was looking for, first thing i saw when i walked into school this morning was "Stop Kony" posters and stickers that people had made and stuck all over the place.

• Advertisement

do you travel to africa to participate in aid work? if you do fair play man, thats something you should be proud of.
    But, the point I'm trying to make, is that all the aid in the world can be shipped to these African countries, but distribution of the aid to the people that need it is the problem. Corruption and greed prevent that from happening.
    ye i heard this a lot and it seems to be a massive problem, the only thing that can be really done imo is for the aid organisations to have a more hands on approach so this wont happen.

on the kony video, it was epic literally flooded my news feed on facebook and twitter.

hopefully it can be done and the fuc*er is is left to die a slow painful death.

do you travel to africa to participate in aid work? if you do fair play man, thats something you should be proud of.

ye i heard this a lot and it seems to be a massive problem, the only thing that can be really done imo is for the aid organisations to have a more hands on approach so this wont happen.

on the kony video, it was epic literally flooded my news feed on facebook and twitter.

hopefully it can be done and the fuc*er is is left to die a slow painful death.

Nope, unfortunatley its for commercial reasons why I'm there, but what I do prefessionally, it ultimately facilitates people to get to their money in some of the remotest regions. I wish it was for aid purposes....but I do a bit of charity work here in Ireland which gives me some comfort.

If it was to change, the organisations that distribute the aid, would need to send, transport, secure safe passage through customs....which is pretty impossible. That means someone of trust and authority would have to be awake and beside the delivery 24/7.

And that is something the Invisible Children group are doing and are being critisised for, only something like 35% of donations are going to the people, the rest is on administration. But once they start getting support from other agencies, that percentage will go up. People dont seem to see the big picture here at all.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.18961/title.former-lapd-detective-greg-kading-identifies-man-who-he-believes-killed-the-notorious-big

This is probably just bullshít made up because of bigs anniversary, still fairly interesting stuff in here.

3 day openair frauenfeld festival in Switzerland july 6th to 8th.

now this one concert id love too see, what a line up for a european venue!

50 Cent
    Drake
    Nas
    Sean Paul
    Rick Ross
    Wiz Khalifa
    Yasiin Bey (Mos Def)
    J. Cole
    Beginner
    Sido
    Mac Miller,
    Tinie Tempah
    Jedi Mind Tricks
    Max Herre and friends
    Samy Deluxe
    K.IZ
    Marsimoto
    Yelawolf
    A$AP Rocky
    Royce 5'9
    Dilated Peoples
    Phenomden
    Steff la Cheffe
    Liricas Analas
    Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
    Prince Pi
    Raf 3.0
    Kollegah & Favorite
    Lo Leduc & feat. Pacôme
    Dabu Fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Not sure if it really belongs in this thread but these had me in stitches

Notorious B.I.G. drive thru pranks

"your crew run run?" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

A full stream of Jay-Z's SXSW performance has been released.

The picture quality is pretty shocking. All the spotlights don't help matters. The sound is decent though.

erick sermon talks how hip hop doesnt have a balance anymore, i think he's right.

great news that NWA movie is well underway.

erick sermon talks how hip hop doesnt have a balance anymore, i think he's right.

Do you know what annoyed me watching that. The Green Eyed Bandit had to explain who he is and what he has done.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Do you know what annoyed me watching that. The Green Eyed Bandit had to explain who he is and what he has done.

That kind of confused me to be honest.

E shouldn't need an introduction, the lad is highly respected among 90s hip hop fans and is a well capable MC.

• Advertisement

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    That kind of confused me to be honest.

E shouldn't need an introduction, the lad is highly respected among 90s hip hop fans and is a well capable MC.

I think it speaks volumes of some hip hop fans these days, a lack of respect for the pioneers or where this thing originated.......that's just my opinion :)

E is an amazing producer as well.

Mr Muthafukkin eXquire has signed for Universal

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2012/03/15/mr-muthafkin-exquire-signs-to-universal-records/

Hope it all works out, best of the newer breed at the moment

Mr Muthafukkin eXquire has signed for Universal

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2012/03/15/mr-muthafkin-exquire-signs-to-universal-records/

Hope it all works out, best of the newer breed at the moment

I still haven't listened to that mixtape/album of his you (I think) put up a while back. Must get around to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭HATCHET IRL

still listanin to lost in translation.. dope ****

I still haven't listened to that mixtape/album of his you (I think) put up a while back. Must get around to it.

I think you should cancel the next hour of your life to do so. It's worth it.

I think you should cancel the next hour of your life to do so. It's worth it.

I had planned on watching another episode of Breaking Bad. It really better be worth it :pac:.

I had planned on watching another episode of Breaking Bad. It really better be worth it :pac:.

Tough call, Breaking Bad is awesome as well.

Tough call, Breaking Bad is awesome as well.

I managed to fit in BB and half of the album. Liking what I'm hearing so far. Some lovely beats on it. The Chicken Spot song was pretty good.

Hated the dick sucking part. I despised listening to Biggie's albums when he'd be busy shifting some young one. Not exactly what I wanted to hear.

Still a good few songs to go. Looking forward to it on the back of what I've heard so far.

Hated the dick sucking part. I despised listening to Biggie's albums when he'd be busy shifting some young one. Not exactly what I wanted to hear.

That type of thing on a record really annoys me......apart from on The DOC's album Helter Skelter where he makes fun of it. Cant find a youtube clip of it :(

• Advertisement

That type of thing on a record really annoys me......apart from on The DOC's album Helter Skelter where he makes fun of it. Cant find a youtube clip of it :(

What song was it do you know?

The worst offender of all is Eminem. His Ken Kaniff skit on the MMLP is awful. Same goes for "Fack" on Curtain Call when he sticks the gerbil up his arse. Thank god they never made a video for that song.

Advertisement