Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything Else Hip Hop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

This is great. "You better run mother****er"

Must've wrecked his shins!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Slug barely missed a beat, ahah.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

50 says he's after getting inspired to record new music after his trip to africa.
    50 Cent explains how his trip to Kenya was "enlightening."

50 Cent recently took a trip to Africa earlier this month to further his mission to alleviate hunger - a visit that has inspired him to hit the studio. During an interview with the Associated Press, Fif said that his lyrics are motivated by his experiences in Kenya but that fans will have to listen closely to interpret his message.

"I've put portions of my experience there in the actual songs, but it's so small that they'll have to listen to get it," he said. "I wanted to keep the record, creatively, in a space where when people listen to it, they just enjoy it before they can really understand what it was I'm saying; there's things on it that have double meanings."

Fiddy has made it his mission to stop hunger in Africa, donating proceeds from sales of his energy drink Street King to the cause. He explained how seeing hunger firsthand has inspired him and that he’s provided more than 3.5 million meals so far.

"It enlightened me in different ways," he said. "To actually see people under the circumstances that I saw was a totally different experience. I don't think you can prepare yourself for that, no matter how many times you've seen the images."

When i read the part about him providing 3.5 million meals to african people I gained a new found respect for him, fair fúcks to him i really have changed my opinion on him from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

The best news I've heard in a while. Bizarre from D12 has split from the group.

Never liked him. No talent as a rapper and his lyrics were just ridiculously attention grabbing, even beside Eminem in his pomp. As a group I like D12. They have some great music. Hopefully they can put something new out soon enough.
    Rufus Arthur Johnson, p/k/a/ Bizarre has officially split from his group of more than 15 years, D12.

The second most comical voice in Eminem’s hometown collective announced to HipHopDX on Monday (February 27th) that “creative differences” within The Dirty Dozen have led him to move on and start his own “Weirdo Movement.”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

The best news I've heard in a while. Bizarre from D12 has split from the group.

Never liked him. No talent as a rapper and his lyrics were just ridiculously attention grabbing, even beside Eminem in his pomp. As a group I like D12. They have some great music. Hopefully they can put something new out soon enough.

Good riddance, never liked him or his shower cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

Strange that, always seemed tight, wonder the reasons behind it, never just creative differences.
    Must admit, I used to like bizarre, had some out there lyrics, nothing impressive or anything.
    Did he release a solo album, I think he did?

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    Strange that, always seemed tight, wonder the reasons behind it, never just creative differences.
    Must admit, I used to like bizarre, had some out there lyrics, nothing impressive or anything.
    Did he release a solo album, I think he did?

According to Wikipedia he has 3 albums out. Don't know what the record execs were at allowing him to release that many.

His verse on "Fight Music" is a ****ing joke. I'm pretty much immune to most shock lyrics these days but I have to fast forward that verse ever time I get to it. It really ruins what is an excellent song.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

50 says he's after getting inspired to record new music after his trip to africa.

thats good, hopefully it can be something different so.

on bizzare, always was very unique to the group in terms of lryics not much of a rapper but still another loss for d12.

i havnt heard from them since their mixtape last year and tbh none of them were at anything on it, they really struggle without eminem and proof aswell imo.

bizzares best verse was on amityville horror imo, short but sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

WZRD was released today (Kid Cudi and Dot Da Genius' collaboration rock album). A quick few lessons to some of the songs, and it so far seems great.

Frank Ocean threatened with lawsuit over Eagles "Hotel California" sample.

Hopefully this doesn't affect him too much. It's a beast of a song. Pretty stupid if he went and took the sample without asking.
    Frank Ocean says that Don Henley doesn't want him to perform his song containing a sample of "Hotel California."

Frank Ocean is facing a lawsuit over his use of Eagles' classic "Hotel California" on "American Wedding," a cut included on his breakout mixtape Nostalgia/Ultra.

In a post on his Tumblr page, the OFWGKTA member said that Don Henley threatened to sue him if he performed the song again. "Don henley is apparently intimidated by my rendition of Hotel California..," he wrote. "He threatened to sue if I perform it again. I think that’s ****in awesome."

Last year, FO performed the track during several performances on a mini-tour. During the track, he cued up Guitar Hero and performed the guitar solo on a giant screen mid-concert.

• Advertisement

i severely doubt don henley is intimidated by his sample of hotel california.

I also severely doubt that Frank was being serious with his comment.

The song has been taken down from Youtube a while back. Not sure if the Eagles have that much of a case for the actual song. It's all about the live performances. But sure he hardy ever performs anyway so that shouldn't really be much of a problem.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Mr. Rager wrote: »
    WZRD was released today (Kid Cudi and Dot Da Genius' collaboration rock album). A quick few lessons to some of the songs, and it so far seems great.

This type of thing would normally be right down my alley, so I gave it a listen. Not liking it at all.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    i severely doubt don henley is intimidated by his sample of hotel california.

Not intimidated by the sample.....but knowing that he could be getting moneys for everytime Hotel California is used is probably what he is thinking of. Cha-ching $.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    This type of thing would normally be right down my alley, so I gave it a listen. Not liking it at all.

I know what you're saying. After a first listen I thought it would be something what would grow on me, but now there are only three songs I like: "Efflictim", "Upper Room" and "Teleport 2 Me, Jamie". The rest of the songs are all ok but don't have anything special about them. Wasn't expecting a whole lot from this album anyways, it should do me Cudi-wise till MOTM3.

The Eagles' rep has responded to Frank Ocean's comments, claiming that he took the entire original track and deemed it "illegal."
    Frank Ocean did not merely “sample” a portion of the Eagles’ Hotel California; he took the whole master track, plus the song’s existing melody, and replaced the lyrics with his own. This is not creative, let alone “intimidating.” It’s illegal. For the record, Don Henley has not threatened or instituted any legal action against Frank Ocean, although the Eagles are now considering whether they should. Any further questions regarding this matter should be directed to Warner Music Group as it is the entity that currently owns the master recording and made the contact with Frank Ocean’s representatives concerning his infringement of the master recording.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2012/02/the-eagles-reps-respond-to-frank-oceans-hotel-california-sample.html

Sounds like a poor performance but it's a new rap song by lauryn hill so I'm delighted, she's easily one of my favourite rappers of all time and i would be delighted if she came back with some decent material.
    Lauryn Hill performs a new cut during a show in the District.

Lauryn Hill debuted a new song last night while performing in Washington, DC.

During the performance, Ms. Hill premiered "Fearless Vampire Killer" with her live backing band, rapping somewhat offbeat during the beginning before segueing into a shouty chorus.

Watch live footage of the performance below.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

The Eagles' rep has responded to Frank Ocean's comments, claiming that he took the entire original track and deemed it "illegal."
    Frank Ocean did not merely “sample” a portion of the Eagles’ Hotel California; he took the whole master track, plus the song’s existing melody, and replaced the lyrics with his own. This is not creative, let alone “intimidating.” It’s illegal. For the record, Don Henley has not threatened or instituted any legal action against Frank Ocean, although the Eagles are now considering whether they should. Any further questions regarding this matter should be directed to Warner Music Group as it is the entity that currently owns the master recording and made the contact with Frank Ocean’s representatives concerning his infringement of the master recording.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2012/02/the-eagles-reps-respond-to-frank-oceans-hotel-california-sample.html
    Lupe Fiasco did this with a modest mouse song, well the melody anyway,tarnished a good songs memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

I love Frank and the album but LoL@saying Don Henley's reaction is down to 'intimidation'. Cocky wee Frank.

Not a fan of that track either tbh, pretty dull compared to some of the others.

Illegal smeagle.

Jesus that should be illegal, it is really really bad.

• Advertisement

424782_10150601828599807_11455644806_9166341_389856292_n.jpg

Sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Sell out.

?

as posted by liquidswords on track of the day... currently trending on twitter too.

worth a listen, big krit's long awaited new mixtape. im 6 tracks in atm and liking it, very very southern laid back/smooth feel to it so far.

http://www.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/16042/big_krit_4eva_n_a_day.html

I have downloaded it, must give it a listen along with the 100's of other tracks I have queued up.

Would love to go to this some year. Always a stellar line up!

ss-plex.jpg

jay z's sound engineer talks watch the throne 2, solo album and kanye's good music

http://www.complex.com/music/2012/03/young-guru-speaks-on-new-jay-z-album-and-watch-the-throne-sequel

mod: is this what we have to do from now on, just post the link? if i copied and pasted this that would be breaking the new rule right...

just want to make sure.:)

mod: is this what we have to do from now on, just post the link? if i copied and pasted this that would be breaking the new rule right...

just want to make sure.:)

Yes, that's perfect.

^^ Mark Grist is a legend. You seen his battle on Dont Flop?

• Advertisement

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.18929/title.ice-cube-weighs-in-on-dr-dres-detox-delay

Cubes views on detox, some interesting points in there.

He also says he was a big fan of east coast hip hop, funny because he had his own little east coast west coast feud going on in the 90s and he had Westside connection, the groups name kind of speaks for itself.
    Still, you have to love ice cube.

Advertisement