Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Monster Hunter is now actually enjoyable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

****s sake, my vitas having more problems :mad: Gonna have to see if HMV will exchange the unit for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

cloud493 wrote: »
    ****s sake, my vitas having more problems :mad: Gonna have to see if HMV will exchange the unit for me.
    what problems cloud??

Over the 3 weeks of ownership

Touch screen problems
    Slowness
    The left analogue stick not responding, or making the camera ****ing whirl round in Games
    That thing everyone has where it won't switch on, just like, every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Grayditch wrote: »
    Monster Hunter is now actually enjoyable!

I love it. I am already 14h in to it and I feel that I only scratched the surface of it!!! This is my first ever monster hunter game and now I see why it's so popular. The right words were told about this game: it's not for everyone, but for right people it's like crack! I love such type games where it is so deep in to crafting and gathering materials. Some can call it grinding,I call it making effort and loving your fear more, because you worked hard for it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

I love it. I am already 14h in to it and I feel that I only scratched the surface of it!!! This is my first ever monster hunter game and now I see why it's so popular. The right words were told about this game: it's not for everyone, but for right people it's like crack! I love such type games where it is so deep in to crafting and gathering materials. Some can call it grinding,I call it making effort and loving your fear more, because you worked hard for it :)

The online feature is is where its at

Over the 3 weeks of ownership

Touch screen problems
    Slowness
    The left analogue stick not responding, or making the camera ****ing whirl round in Games
    That thing everyone has where it won't switch on, just like, every day.
    i wouldnt even hesitate and bring it back

Doing my head in :mad: I was ok with having to reset it every day or so, but then I was playing uncharted, and I was tapping the weapon thing, to get a different weapon, and it just wasn't responding. Had to restart the system, still does it. And the right*right analogue stick I meant* just does its own thing. Makes the camera move in uncharted, makes it impossible to aim at all in unit 13 :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

tonydude wrote: »

The only online requires a PS3 / XLink Kai.

Wanna get Gods Eater Burst (on the sale - hopefully my o2 card gets the money before it's over) & MHFU (Does anyone know the file sizes?). Actually downloading them will be annoying :o.

Doing my head in :mad: I was ok with having to reset it every day or so, but then I was playing uncharted, and I was tapping the weapon thing, to get a different weapon, and it just wasn't responding. Had to restart the system, still does it. And the right*right analogue stick I meant* just does its own thing. Makes the camera move in uncharted, makes it impossible to aim at all in unit 13 :mad::mad:
    actually my screen isnt responsive when playing modnation racers :confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I see peace walker is finally available in the EU store!! :cool:

How does online work for monster hunter? I newer played online so far, would love to try. Does it need some setting up? I play from home anyway so my ps3 is right there with Internet connection ( if it's needed too )

the only online wifi monster hunter was monster hunter 1 on the ps2 years ago after that its been using the useless ad-hoc mode on the psps. The wii version of the game is wifi enabled.

the only online wifi monster hunter was monster hunter 1 on the ps2 years ago after that its been using the useless ad-hoc mode on the psps. The wii version of the game is wifi enabled.

What is this ad hoc thing? Seem it before but not a clue how it works. Does it mean it's imposible to play monster hunter online on ps vita?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

What is this ad hoc thing? Seem it before but not a clue how it works. Does it mean it's imposible to play monster hunter online on ps vita?

Basically you have to be near other people that have the game to be able to play multiplayer. It's not online, you would just wirelessly connect to the other devices. It's not a problem in Japan where nearly everyone has the game but it's a major downpoint of the series in the West.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Basically you have to be near other people that have the game to be able to play multiplayer. It's not online, you would just wirelessly connect to the other devices. It's not a problem in Japan where nearly everyone has the game but it's a major downpoint of the series in the West.

So basicly there is no online multiplayer, only LAN?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Shame it can't utilise the Near feature, thing.

correct

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Unfortunately yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Unfortunately yeah
    correct

Not sure if this works for the vita but the PS3 has an app that can be gotten off PSN to allow the PSP to use ad hoc features over PSN, not sure how well it works on the PSP or if it does work on the vita at all.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Not sure if this works for the vita but the PS3 has an app that can be gotten off PSN to allow the PSP to use ad hoc features over PSN, not sure how well it works on the PSP or if it does work on the vita at all.

Works alright but a lot of hassle

Anyone know where I might sell unit 13/wipeout for a decent price?

Anyone know where I might sell unit 13/wipeout for a decent price?

That stinks of self advertising lol!!

Mod nation
    Racers for unit 13?

Not looking for a trade thanks. I dunno, guess I'l check out cex.

Unit 13 is still good ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,095 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

€18 each in CEX cash.

Unit 13 is still good ;)

Be honest is it **** or actually good?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭LauraW7746

I'm getting an error when I try to sign in playing motorstorm it says could not connect to server within the time limit (NP-5722-6) anybody else get this error I tried turning off and on but didn't work

It is good, Its just too hard for me. 18 quid? No way, sell it on gumtree or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

It is good, Its just too hard for me. 18 quid? No way, sell it on gumtree or something.

I'm not even remotely that into most mainstream shooters. Par exemple, mw and battlefield so my opinion might be bad for most people. Unit 13 is decent but it is basically cover behind something and headshot or die a lot of the way through. Haven't played all the way through though. It's just isn't doing it for me that much.

I'm fairly poor at shooters to be fair but I don't see how this is that difficult once you realise that the game is really just cover at every corner and shoot around it. Although im a sucker for throwing the c4 and detonating it when 5 run past.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement