Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

It's my youngest nephews 3rd Birthday today. I always get emotional on his birthdays.
    3 years ago I almost lost my sister. She went into the hospital early due to pains and it turned out the baby was coming even though her body wasn't ready yet. She had to be brought down to surgery as things got worse and my bro-in-law just heard as they were closing the doors "we're loosing her." All he could think was "But, we're having a boy..." Then he coped.
    She flatlined on the table for a few seconds during the delivery. Then suddenly her waterbroke and her heart started again. I'm thankful every day for that.
    She went home 2 weeks later with a healthy beautiful baby boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Kablamo! wrote: »
    They don't seem to exist online- I CHALLENGE you to find it!
    T'was a Beatles Abbey Road cover type thing.... Coir material.
    Green background, white pedestrian stripes, and the lads in black silhouette.

this the bunny?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

cdaly_ wrote: »
    I have one of these which is brilliant for carrying hot liquids around. Fully sealed so it won't spill. Claims 3 hours hot and 12 hours cold. Could carry your milk in that...

Where did you get that?

Dunno. My darling sister gave it to me for Xmas. Brilliant; I made tea to bring on a 2-hour drive and could only drink it after an hour...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Finally crawling into bed after a very long night shift :)

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

You little dancer!!!! :D I love youuuuuu!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Never underesitmate the powers of the ladies lounge!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Terry Pratchett came to my house to visit me last night.
    It was the most awesome dream I've had in ages!
    :):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

It's sad to hear about Paul Bunbury, even though I'd only heard about him through Boards. But as someone said, at least his family has closure now.

I keep dreaming that I'm a somewhat competent driver, even though irl I've only driven three times, and badly at that. Yet in my dreams, I'm actually doing it right, clutching before changing gears etc.

Maybe I should get driving lessons before my 'skill' disappears :pac:

In other news, my uterus feels like it's been whacked with a sledgehammer. The joys of womanhood :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

EmilyO wrote: »
    I keep dreaming that I'm a somewhat competent driver, even though irl I've only driven three times, and badly at that. Yet in my dreams, I'm actually doing it right, clutching before changing gears etc.

I'm forever dreaming I can do the box splits. Go figure...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Jesus, just realised the results of the first half of my masters are out tomorrow, ahhh!

Edit: Just checked the college forum and some people's are online already... time to cross my fingers and check if mine are there!

Double edit: They are not. Panic stations for the day so!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Free lunch cancelled. Boo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Dunno. My darling sister gave it to me for Xmas. Brilliant; I made tea to bring on a 2-hour drive and could only drink it after an hour...

Ah, here you go. The plain stainless steel one is distwasher safe, the coloured ones lose their colour if you dishwash them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Ah, here you go. The plain stainless steel one is distwasher safe, the coloured ones lose their colour if you dishwash them.
    I have been looking at buying one of these for ages, mine is dead right now so think I will just buy one of them.

They also sell them in the Avoca in Dublin city center.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I ordered one on www.bpafree.ie just before you posted that. 32e including shipping.

Edit: they won't ship them from amazon to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Trying to power through and knock out a full physics scheme of work before I have to leave at half 5 for a committee meeting at 6.
    Bleh.

Modern Physocs.

Bleh.

I'm struggling through my history essay. It really, really doesn't want to be written - it's after taking me two days to write 700 words :(

Why in God's name did I decide to go back to college?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Swamped with college work at the moment, haven't made it home before 1am the last two nights. Although guy from class (I really must give him a name for the purposes of this thread! brought me on a walk to the prettiest place ever and we also took time out to make A LOT of food. I'd probably get more work done without him around but he is very pretty to look at!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Honey-ec wrote: »

Why in God's name did I decide to go back to college?

I ask myself that every time I have an assignment due. Motivation got so bad at one stage I had to line Malteasers up on the desk and only allow myself one every 100 words! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I ask myself that every time I have an assignment due. Motivation got so bad at one stage I had to line Malteasers up on the desk and only allow myself one every 100 words! :rolleyes:

That's clever, I should come up with something like that to make me work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I don't feel particularly well today. :(

• Advertisement

I'm totally doing that, only with sips of wine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I'm totally doing that, only with sips of wine!

The problem with this, if it works, you might be tipsy finishing your essay :pac:

Or is it a problem? :p

EmilyO wrote: »
    The problem with this, if it works, you might be tipsy finishing your essay :pac:

Or is it a problem? :p

I've only another thousand words to go and it'd take a lot more than ten sips of wine to get me tipsy, I'm golden!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

That is such a good idea! Definitely gonna do that tomorrow! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

My cousin wrote me an actual letter! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I still can't find the chain that my boyfriend got me for my birthday. I searched my room and it's just vanished. I looked in the 2 places I usually put chains - on my bedside locker and my dressing table. I looked everywhere around them, I searched the drawers in them, behind them, looked under the wardrobe, down the side of the bed, I even looked in my knitting bags and in handbags. Just seems to have vanished. It's probably somewhere in the house but I haven't a clue where to look at this point. I really loved that chain. Besides the fact that it was really pretty and purple and I really liked it, what's bugging me more is that it has sentimental value because my bf got it for me. He looked in his room too and I've just sent him a text asking him to look again. It probably sounds silly but I'm quite upset about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I seem to have given up all pretense of doing productive work and am just googling booze-filled baking recipes for the upcoming weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

I bought four of the big (I like to call them grown up) petit fillous on my way home today.

I've been back less than 20 mins and I've already had two. Chances of the remaining two lasting much longer don't look particularly good.... :o
    I don't feel particularly well today. :(

:(
    Hope you feels all betters soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I'm glad everyone else is struggling with productivity levels, makes me feel better that I'm not the only one. I actually got a good bit done now today but I had to drag myself through it, gonna do more tonight I think just to get ahead. Wondering why I agreed to work Saturday and Sunday, what's wrong with me...oh I remember, I'm poor!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Gauge wrote: »
    I seem to have given up all pretense of doing productive work and am just googling booze-filled baking recipes for the upcoming weekend.

That sounds incredibly interesting... Any chance you could let us all know if you find anything good? :D

I'm going to try the cookie recipe that bluewolf posted in a few minutes to try cheer myself up after not finding my chain. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement