Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I couldn't believe when i read the news about Paul.

When I saw there was an appeal for the South East I was determined to keep my eyes peeled and bring attention to Paul's disappearance. I'm just so sad to read the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I couldn't believe when i read the news about Paul.

When I saw there was an appeal for the South East I was determined to keep my eyes peeled and bring attention to Paul's disappearance. I'm just so sad to read the news.

I feel the same, I only shared a status with a poster and appeal about him on my fb page this morning.

RIP Paul, I hope you are at peace wherever you are x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

RIP Paul. His poor family :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

My mother and granny are watching that program on RTÉ1 called "Pyjama Girls" and every so often one or both of them will start laughing and say "OMG Muffin look, QUICK" :(

Sigh.........

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

My mother and granny are watching that program on RTÉ1 called "Pyjama Girls" and every so often one or both of them will start laughing and say "OMG Muffin look, QUICK" :(

Sigh.........

I'm watching it too, it's fairly sh!te. Stay in school kids :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Feel a bit sick hearing that Paul won't be making it home to his family. It's silly, I never even met him...but he's a boardsie. Well said, WN.
    It was only today that a boardsie went out of their way to do something nice for me without any benefit to themselves and I thought to myself how great boards is.

AAAMMMAAAZZZIIINNGG gig.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Scroobius Pip tonight - woot!

AAAMMMAAAZZZIIINNGG gig.

So jealous. I wanted to go but had to come to Dublin for stoopid work :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Häagen-Dazs Chocolate, Pralines and cream is utterly delicious. Chocolatey goodness.

On offer in Dunnes Stores, less than €3 for a 500ml tub. Who could resist that?! They had no Baileys though :(

Daisies wrote: »
    So jealous. I wanted to go but had to come to Dublin for stoopid work :mad:

It was immense. He seems to really like Galway, because most of his tours end here. Hurt my back like crazy before the gig though, like 10 minutes before I left my house, so getting into a mosh pit-type wasn't a good idea, probably. I'll regret it in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

It's amazing how much the death of someone I didn't know upsets me :( But Paul was a boardsie and for all its faults boards is like a (big, extended, sometimes dysfunctional but still always there for you) family.

I was *so* hoping that this time it'd be a different ending.

:(

It's so upsetting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Orla K wrote: »
    I'd keep it separate until you drink it too, wouldn't even drink the milk if I had been carrying it around all day!

I have one of these which is brilliant for carrying hot liquids around. Fully sealed so it won't spill. Claims 3 hours hot and 12 hours cold. Could carry your milk in that...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

It's after taking me an age to catch up! I only left Saturday and I had about 15 pages, you chatterboxes! :D

Today is my gran's 90th birthday. We had a lovely day with her. She was in such good form. We were really lucky, some days can be good and some can be horrible. She had lots of visitors, mainly family and she sang and played the accordion for everyone. :) At one point we had 4 generations in the house, it was so nice! :D

My poor bf isn't well. He's got IBS and his tummy is acting up. :(

Need something to wear to a wedding my bf was asked to in May. I'm excited! :)

Anyways, here goes with the catching up and messages for people.. :)

bluewolf Thanks so much for putting the link up for that recipe! *puts big massive chewy cookies on "to bake" list* :D

Welcome to the thread Sar_Bear!
    krudler wrote: »
    its up there with being smothered in cleavage as my top ways to go :pac:

when I'm rich I'm going to get cadburys to make me an easter egg sized creme egg, and just eat the filling with a spoon.

That's how my bf said he wants to go, smothered in my cleavage. Or something dirtier than that that I'll not put on a public forum... :o

And I do that with normal creme eggs. :rolleyes:
    I don't understand how I have liived 21 years without realising what a good combination vanilla ice cream and rich tea biscuits are. My Sunday treat :)

I am so trying that! :D
    Just got the news that Paul's body was found earlier. :(

I read it on Facebook, so sad. :( RIP Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

So upset about Paul, was talking about him only today wondering if any headway had been made in finding him :(
    Can't imagine what his family are going through tonight, my heart is breaking for them

I thought I was having a sh*ty day but stuff like that puts everything into perspective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

cdaly_ wrote: »
    I have one of these which is brilliant for carrying hot liquids around. Fully sealed so it won't spill. Claims 3 hours hot and 12 hours cold. Could carry your milk in that...

Where did you get that?

Terrible news about Paul. I saw poster up and recognised them from here.

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Very sad news about Paul. Didn't know him but I second what WesternNight said. The only thing is, at least his family have his body now. It's terrible when someone goes missing and is never found (I always think about Trevor Deely when I hear about missing persons).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Sad news about Paul, although I didn't know him personally I still feel effected!

Please if there is a higher power out there help me get through this class!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

It was immense. He seems to really like Galway, because most of his tours end here. Hurt my back like crazy before the gig though, like 10 minutes before I left my house, so getting into a mosh pit-type wasn't a good idea, probably. I'll regret it in the morning.
    he was in galway! awh jeez :( boney you have to keep me clued up on this. you seem to be the man to go to for all the galway gossip ;)

musical.x wrote: »
    he was in galway! awh jeez :( boney you have to keep me clued up on this. you seem to be the man to go to for all the galway gossip ;)

Ha, I wish! I just happened to see it last week when I was in watching a friend's gig and would've forgotten it otherwise.

Also, ugh, my back. It was pretty unreal - at the end he leaped into the crowd and crowd surfed to the back, followed by the rest of the band and then B. Dolan, who is a big man.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

I don't know what it is but I'm so out of it today. I'm wrecked, but yet I never get a decent nights sleep....wide awake at 6:30 this morning.

Horrible news about Paul too :(

EDIT: also, anyone get the free latte in Starbucks? I'm going to make myself ask...

• Advertisement

musical.x wrote: »

Sign up the Rosin's newsletter. They give month in advance listings. I find it very handy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Very sad news about Paul. Didn't know him but I second what WesternNight said. The only thing is, at least his family have his body now. It's terrible when someone goes missing and is never found (I always think about Trevor Deely when I hear about missing persons).

That's what I said and always say in situations like this. Gives his family some closure instead of always wondering. They'll have somewhere to go and remember him.

Can't imagine how awful it is to have someone you love go missing and never find them. Every time theres a knock at the door or the phone rings you probably jump.

Very sad news about Paul. Poor kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Just home from a holiday to Lanzarote and driving myself BONKERS trying to find a particularly nice doormat I saw in a shop over there online. No dice so far, but I'm starting to worry about why I fixate on silly things so much- I do know that owning this doormat would enhance my life by a crazy amount though!

Kablamo! wrote: »
    Just home from a holiday to Lanzarote and driving myself BONKERS trying to find a particularly nice doormat I saw in a shop over there online. No dice so far, but I'm starting to worry about why I fixate on silly things so much- I do know that owning this doormat would enhance my life by a crazy amount though!

Oh here meet your sister. I do things like that all the time. Don't stop until I find what I'm looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Morning all, Trying to decide between a few more hours in bed before work or staying up and getting all the little jobs around the house done. I fear the jobs will win :rolleyes:

Oh here meet your sister. I do things like that all the time. Don't stop until I find what I'm looking for.

BUT I CAN'T FIND IT :mad::(:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

BUT I CAN'T FIND IT :mad::(:o

This is the only doormat you'lll need :D

05-Fo-Shizzle.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Describe it & let tLL hivemind find it and buy every single one of them on you join in to help with your search?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Yep when my friend's sibling went missing the relief when they found the body was just brilliant, it meant they could move on with their lives knowing what happened. In my friend's case she was particularly happy that they got an answer, as the person that went missing was quite violent, and she said she'd preferred to know what had happened than to fear the sibling was out there, without their medication, capable of anything.

Seller of dress has offered half the money back and that I keep the dress, because shipping it back would cost a lot. I feel kinda bad for them, they're really nice about it, and quite disappointed that it's wrong and won't fit me, but still, they made it wrong!

• Advertisement

Describe it & let tLL hivemind find it and buy every single one of them on you join in to help with your search?

They don't seem to exist online- I CHALLENGE you to find it!
    T'was a Beatles Abbey Road cover type thing.... Coir material.
    Green background, white pedestrian stripes, and the lads in black silhouette.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement